DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

Nope...Walmart specializes in moving in and driving better paying businesses out of business.

That would not be happening in DC since there are no small businesses!

So you LOVE the Waltons?
Because the Waltons are laughing their a$$es off at Liberal fools like you.

Liberal? Wrong answer! Try again!

What if I told you that I hold stock in Walmart? Does that make me a liberal?

The fact that you support the sustaining of Walmart's Business Model tells me you don't care about the future generations of these workers and you don't care that the Middle Class has to supplement their low wages.
THAT makes you a Liberal in regards to THIS issue.

Actually, you don't have a clue. That is the problem. A Super Walmart brings in other business trying to capture some of the business traffic.

In Florida, where I once lived, the built a Super Walmart in an area just north of a mall that was deteriorating. They closed the crd
My Federal Taxes go to subsidize the Waltons.
Fuck the Waltons.
Blame the Waltons for NOT BEING NICE ENOUGH TO PAY THEIR WORKERS ENOUGH TO LIVE IN A SLUM.
Don't het angry at me.

No. I am angry with you liberals who don't get the fact that without employers there are no jobs.

Eventually, with no jobs, you won't even have tax money to redistribute.

I'm not a Liberal.
I want the paradigm of continuous poverty to end.
Let the Waltons create an infrastructure of education, safer neighborhoods and better paying jobs and careers.
Once again, my Federal Taxes pay these employees; the billionaire Waltons DON'T.

That is not what a business does.

I am fully aware that Businesses exist to make money.
Representatives exist to remind Business owners and investors that humans CANNOT be abused.

So, according to your brain, building a store that cannot make a profit because of high minimum wage and will eventually be closed at a huge loss for the company is the way things are done/

Why don't get off your ass, gather some investors and build a Walmart -type store in Anacostia?

The reason you can't is because the investors would laugh right in your face for proposing a business model that is guaranteed to fail!

Horsesh!t.
You are a Bleeding Heart Liberal on this issue.
It appears as though we need people like yourself to ELECT to subsidize these Business Models because I'M being taxed into oblivion and obviously you're not.

My point is that you are an economically uneducated idiot who has no clue about the effects of a $15 an hour minimum wage. Ideology over reality has never been a successful alternative. And how many successful small businesses have you run?

Who in Hell are you talking to?
There IS a reply button.

So you LOVE the Waltons?

The fact that you support the sustaining of Walmart's Business Model tells me you don't care about the future generations of these workers and you don't care that the Middle Class has to supplement their low wages.

Actually, you don't have a clue. That is the problem. A Super Walmart brings in other business trying to capture some of the business traffic.

In Florida, where I once lived, the built a Super Walmart in an area just north of a mall that was deteriorating. They closed the crd
No. I am angry with you liberals who don't get the fact that without employers there are no jobs.

I'm not a Liberal.
Let the Waltons create an infrastructure of education, safer neighborhoods and better paying jobs and careers.
Once again, my Federal Taxes pay these employees; the billionaire Waltons DON'T.

Representatives exist to remind Business owners and investors that humans CANNOT be abused.

So, according to your brain, building a store that cannot make a profit because of high minimum wage and will eventually be closed at a huge loss for the company is the way things are done/

Why don't get off your ass, gather some investors and build a Walmart -type store in Anacostia?

The reason you can't is because the investors would laugh right in your face for proposing a business model that is guaranteed to fail!

Horsesh!t.
It appears as though we need people like yourself to ELECT to subsidize these Business Models because I'M being taxed into oblivion and obviously you're not.

If I am wrong, why don't YOU do it?

The fact that anyone with a functioning brain knows it will not work is what prevents you from manning up. Right?

So you LOVE the Waltons?

I'm not a Liberal.

Horsesh!t.

The fact that anyone with a functioning brain knows it will not work is what prevents you from manning up. Right?

You belong to a Union?
Good Health Benefits?
Retire relatively young?
Good pension?

So you LOVE the Waltons?

I'm not a Liberal.

Horsesh!t.

Again you are not subsidizing anyone the politicians set the entitlement rate.

When has the entitlements ever went down when the National Minimum wage was increased?????

Also from the link

There is little dispute that Wal-Mart’s price reductions have benefited the 120 million American workers employed outside of the retail sector. Plausible estimates of the magnitude of the savings from Wal-Mart are enormous – a total of $263 billion in 2004, or $2,329 per
household

Horsesh!t.

You belong to a Union?
Good Health Benefits?
Retire relatively young?
Good pension?

No, I am not a union member and was only for about 3 years.
We have lousy health benefits thanks to Obamacare making our plans so expensive. I was charged nearly $4000 for a colonoscopy that is required to be covered under Obamacare. I fought with the insurance company for about 6 months and still paid well over $1000.
I can retire at 67 1/2.
I have a lousy pension that takes away part of my social security that I earned before becoming a teacher in this state.

Any other stupid irrelevant questions?

So you LOVE the Waltons?

I'm not a Liberal.

Horsesh!t.

When has the entitlements ever went down when the National Minimum wage was increased?????

Also from the link

There is little dispute that Wal-Mart’s price reductions have benefited the 120 million American workers employed outside of the retail sector. Plausible estimates of the magnitude of the savings from Wal-Mart are enormous – a total of $263 billion in 2004, or $2,329 per
household

Walmart is good for the poor at the expense of the Middle Class.
The Middle Class goes to Costco and Costco pays way more than Walmart.
Gee, how DOES Costco stay in business?
It's way beyond me.
By far the most people I know shop at Coso

Horsesh!t.

You belong to a Union?
Good Health Benefits?
Retire relatively young?
Good pension?

We have lousy health benefits thanks to Obamacare making our plans so expensive. I was charged nearly $4000 for a colonoscopy that is required to be covered under Obamacare. I fought with the insurance company for about 6 months and still paid well over $1000.
I can retire at 67 1/2.
I have a lousy pension that takes away part of my social security that I earned before becoming a teacher in this state.

Well, I had to do SOMETHING stupid to match your Walmart Business Model stupidity.
Most teachers I know have raped the taxpayers dry.
You are amazingly Conservative on every other issue yet are such a sucker on this.
Let Walmart adopt ONE poor area and help it rise up.

Horsesh!t.

Also from the link

household

It's way beyond me.

The working poor do not shop at Costco. It is a different business model with completely different products.

Why not make an apples-to-apples comparison?

Horsesh!t.

You belong to a Union?
Good Health Benefits?
Retire relatively young?
Good pension?

I can retire at 67 1/2.

Well, I had to do SOMETHING stupid to match your Walmart Business Model stupidity.
You are amazingly Conservative on every other issue yet are such a sucker on this.

Didn't you just mention earlier that you are in Nassau County NY?

If so, that is your problem.

You think Walmart is liberal?

Man, can we share some of what you are taking/drinking/doing? That must be some good mid-altering substances!

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.
Smaller stores with less leeching government power will fill the gap.

No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.

Exactly! Who gets more taxpayer money, low wage workers or no wage workers?

Oh, wait, no Walmart jobs = more welfare payments.

Horsesh!t.

Also from the link

household

It's way beyond me.

Uhm what is Costco and where are they?

Also about this ridiculous argument you have , thinking entitlements will go down if we have a higher national Minimum wage...

Do Minimum-Wage Boosts Reduce Reliance on Government Assistance?

A new study that foundfederal and state minimum-wage boosts have had no statistically significant impact on working-age adults’ net use of several such programs, including Medicaid and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program formerly known as the food-stamp plan.

Mr. Sabia said higher minimum wages did help some workers get off the welfare rolls but others stayed stuck because of adverse employment effects such as a reduction in jobs or hours worked. While each 10% minimum wage increase resulted in reduced receipt of SNAP and WIC, for example, the amounts weren’t statistically significant and at the same time the receipt of school-nutrition assistance and housing assistance increased.

“Minimum-wage increases redistribute the income of low-skilled workers, helping some, hurting others,” Mr. Sabia said, and added that there’s scant evidence minimum-wage boosts reduce welfare caseloads or public spending on needs-based public programs. He said expanding the earned-income tax credit program would be a “far better” tool.

Horsesh!t.

You belong to a Union?
Good Health Benefits?
Retire relatively young?
Good pension?

I can retire at 67 1/2.

Man, can we share some of what you are taking/drinking/doing? That must be some good mid-altering substances!

Walmart is CONSERVATIVE but Liberals FALL for the "Oh, those poor uneducated slums people NEED Walmart!".
No Walmart is owner and supported by Conservative scumbags who thrive off low wages and Middle Class subsidies.
Well, I ain't playing that game.

Horsesh!t.

You belong to a Union?
Good Health Benefits?
Retire relatively young?
Good pension?

I can retire at 67 1/2.

I have been a military instructor and put up with very little if any monkey business in my class and was only in the military for eight years. I had complete control of my class and wonder how public school teachers do it without using the stick?

Fewer people being taught how to go on Medicaid and Food Stamps...Sounds good to me.

What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
Smaller stores with less leeching government power will fill the gap.

Exactly! Who gets more taxpayer money, low wage workers or no wage workers?

Oh, wait, no Walmart jobs = more welfare payments.

More Welfare Payments should wake people up to how messed up our Economic Policy is.
But then again, I'm fully aware that you're one of those Conservatives who looks at poor people as belonging to another species.

You belong to a Union?
Good Health Benefits?
Retire relatively young?
Good pension?

I can retire at 67 1/2.

Walmart is CONSERVATIVE but Liberals FALL for the "Oh, those poor uneducated slums people NEED Walmart!".
No Walmart is owner and supported by Conservative scumbags who thrive off low wages and Middle Class subsidies.

Well, apparently you got your wish because Walmart is not going to build there. Now, all of those people who might have benefited from a job will continue to suck off your taxpayer teat for their sustenance.

Now, don't you just feel incredibly stupid? You should!

You belong to a Union?
Good Health Benefits?
Retire relatively young?
Good pension?

I can retire at 67 1/2.

Well, apparently you got your wish because Walmart is not going to build there. Now, all of those people who might have benefited from a job will continue to suck off your taxpayer teat for their sustenance.

Now, don't you just feel incredibly stupid? You should!

I don't feel stupid.
I want our nation to attack the underlying problem, not provide yet another Band-Aid when surgery is needed.

Horsesh!t.

You belong to a Union?
Good Health Benefits?
Retire relatively young?
Good pension?

I can retire at 67 1/2.

I have been a military instructor and put up with very little if any monkey business in my class and was only in the military for eight years. I had complete control of my class and wonder how public school teachers do it without using the stick?

The key is developing a relationship with the students and a good supporting administrator who does not put up with any bullshit!

Many of my students will admit they hated being in my class because I am a strict, no-nonsense kind of person, but later they love me because they see how well they are doing in their other classes compared to students who did not have me as a teacher.

Forum List

Back