Deadly NYC subway fight

Studying the video, I see him being restrained around the neck, but I don't see him being choked of air. No gasping for breath, no panicked expression. The ME's conclusion was probably affected by the optics, and outside pressure. Could he have simply died from the overall trauma due to underlying health conditions? Others at the scene didn't think he was in respiratory distress.
your imagination runs wild. You believe what you said?

He was restraining the guy. And if you saw the video, others tried helping to restrain the guy.
…including a black guy. So there was nothing racial about this.

So considering there’s been many horrendous attacks - and homicides - for years, why is all the attention on this one?

…including a black guy. So there was nothing racial about this.

So considering there’s been many horrendous attacks - and homicides - for years, why is all the attention on this one?
It's on the subway! It was a NYC story. D'Oh!

quotes:
The 24-year-old passenger stepped in after the vagrant, identified by sources as Jordan Neely, 30, began going on an aggressive rant on a northbound F train Monday afternoon, according to police and a witness who took the video.

“He starts to make a speech,” freelance journalist Juan Alberto Vazquez said in Spanish during an interview Tuesday, referring to the disturbed man.

“He started screaming in an aggressive manner,” Vazquez told The Post. “He said he had no food, he had no drink, that he was tired and doesn’t care if he goes to jail. He started screaming all these things, took off his jacket, a black jacket that he had, and threw it on the ground.”

That’s when he said the straphanger came up behind Neely and took him to the ground in a chokehold — keeping him there for some 15 minutes, Vazquez said.

The approximately three-minute-and-a-half-long video shot by Vazquez shows the blond subway rider lying on the floor of the train with his arm wrapped around the man’s neck.

The train was stopped, with the doors opened, at the Broadway-Lafayette Street/Bleecker Street station, where Vasquez said the conductor had called 911.

Forum List

Back