Deadly NYC subway fight

Tragic accident.....nothing more.

The former marine didn't have his hands around the lunatic's throat....he had him in a headlock to restrict his movements so he couldn't hurt anyone.

I'm sure that the lunatic wasn't going to wait until he could be restrained more safely. The guy did what he felt he must....NOBODY thought the guy was dead....just passed out....meaning that it didn't go on too long.

With the advent of high tech cell phones recording everything, maybe subway fights will surpass hockey games for violence.

Studying the video, I see him being restrained around the neck, but I don't see him being choked of air. No gasping for breath, no panicked expression. The ME's conclusion was probably affected by the optics, and outside pressure. Could he have simply died from the overall trauma due to underlying health conditions? Others at the scene didn't think he was in respiratory distress.

Did the blond marine use too much force or not
???
Good review of the judo choke hold at this link.

***snip***

Safety RulesChoking techniques must be taught and supervised by a qualified instructor.Since the Judo syllabus has always contained more well-developed choking techniques than any other martial art and they are practiced in real contest situations, Judo instructors usually have extensive experience in the proper application of chokes. Judo is well known for the “Judo choke”, but many other martial arts are now teaching choke holds without the wealth of background and experience most Judo experts have. Chokes are potentially fatal and should be treated seriously. As taught in Judo though they are a temporary incapacitating technique of short duration whose proper execution should be quite harmless. Judo choking techniques have been used in Judo classes and at thousands of Judo tournaments all over the world for more than 100 years without one reported fatality. It is only with the appropriate emphasis on safety and supervision that this record can be maintained.

I'm sorry wasn't there a man killed?

Yes. But it was just some pointless statement. Had nothing to do with the topic or add to the conversation so I was trying to figure out the point of it.

He didn't just walk up and kill someone for no reason without provocation or reason.

Good review of the judo choke hold at this link.

***snip***

Safety RulesChoking techniques must be taught and supervised by a qualified instructor.Since the Judo syllabus has always contained more well-developed choking techniques than any other martial art and they are practiced in real contest situations, Judo instructors usually have extensive experience in the proper application of chokes. Judo is well known for the “Judo choke”, but many other martial arts are now teaching choke holds without the wealth of background and experience most Judo experts have. Chokes are potentially fatal and should be treated seriously. As taught in Judo though they are a temporary incapacitating technique of short duration whose proper execution should be quite harmless. Judo choking techniques have been used in Judo classes and at thousands of Judo tournaments all over the world for more than 100 years without one reported fatality. It is only with the appropriate emphasis on safety and supervision that this record can be maintained.
The video appeared to show pressure and the carotid arteries rather than pressure on the windpipe. If so another cause of death must be sought.

Yes. But it was just some pointless statement. Had nothing to do with the topic or add to the conversation so I was trying to figure out the point of it.

He didn't just walk up and kill someone for no reason without provocation or reason.
That's between him and God. I've never killed a man and I don't want to ever know the feeling.

The video appeared to show pressure and the carotid arteries rather than pressure on the windpipe. If so another cause of death must be sought.
Light pressure on the carotid artery can cause a person to pass out. You don’t have to apply much force at all.

Yes, these homeless people are just used as pawns by our political parties. Most of them are either drug addicts, alcoholics or mentally ill. Allowing them to live out on the street is barbaric.
this is what the left voted in. what about the disabled that no gives shit about in this country.

That's between him and God. I've never killed a man and I don't want to ever know the feeling.

Still makes no sense, doesn't answer my questions or, have anything to do with the topic. It's just some pointless comment thrown out that doesn't mean anything.

Still makes no sense, doesn't answer my questions or, have anything to do with the topic. It's just some pointless comment thrown out that doesn't mean anything.
A loud man with psycho!ogical issues was choked for 15 minutes until he was dead. What about this needs further clarification? All one can do is throw out platitudes and opinions. I am not God, nor the police or courts.

Forum List

Back