Deadly NYC subway fight

So are you suggesting that because the victim was black and the primary person trying to defend the train car was white, and an honorable Marine, this deserves more attention? At least the Marine had a good reason for restraining the threat.

What about all the black people who push innocent whites onto the tracks, or down the stairs? What about thar black guy who choked the little Asian man into unconsciousness?

It seems like much is made of an incident when the victim is black, even if he’s a longtime criminal and threatening innocent people. Black lives apparently matter more.

So are you suggesting that because the victim was black and the primary person trying to defend the train car was white, and an honorable Marine, this deserves more attention? At least the Marine had a good reason for restraining the threat.

What about all the black people who push innocent whites onto the tracks, or down the stairs? What about thar black guy who choked the little Asian man into unconsciousness?
Prison.

The link posted doesn't reveal Neely's police record.

"Prior to his killing, Neely had a lengthy arrest record with New York police, a law enforcement source told CNN’s John Miller, including 42 arrests on charges including petty larceny, jumping subway turnstiles, theft, and three unprovoked assaults on women in the subway between 2019 and 2021."

Based on witness reports Neely's rage was escalating when he was taken down by Daniel Penny, which would certainly justify his action given the statement by Neely. Based on his arrest history for assault and his statement, “I don’t care if I die. I don’t care if I go to jail. I don’t have any food … I’m done,” one can easily believe that he was about to do something harmful to others.

Last edited:

It seems like much is made of an incident when the victim is black, even if he’s a longtime criminal and threatening innocent people. Black lives apparently matter more.
Race?

The Marine may have acted poorly and illegally. We shall see. An investigation is ongoing.

new reporting suggests that he did release the guy after he stopped moving .
New reporting?

That was in the video and first reports. If one chocks somebody and they go into distress, it can be considered a criminal act. An investigation is ongoing. We shall see. None of us reading shit knows the whole story yet

That's what I got from studying the video. Suddenly going limp indicates loss of blood to the brain, not suffocation.
The video doesn't show much. I didn't say anybody suffocated, did I? The man went into distress. His death was ruled a homicide by the coroner early on.

The link posted doesn't reveal Neely's police record.

"Prior to his killing, Neely had a lengthy arrest record with New York police, a law enforcement source told CNN’s John Miller, including 42 arrests on charges including petty larceny, jumping subway turnstiles, theft, and three unprovoked assaults on women in the subway between 2019 and 2021."

Based on witness reports Neely's rage was escalating when he was taken down by Daniel Penny, which would certainly justify his action given the statement by Neely. Based on his arrest history for assault and his statement, “I don’t care if I die. I don’t care if I go to jail. I don’t have any food … I’m done,” one can easily believe that he was about to do something harmful to others.
Really? The man didn't physically assault anyone. Verbal assaults are common on public transit. The MArine guy (former) most likely overreacted and because of that a man is dead.

Really? The man didn't physically assault anyone. Verbal assaults are common on public transit. The MArine guy (former) most likely overreacted and because of that a man is dead.
he through stuff at them and threatened there lived and started fighting with others. the marine did nothing wrong.

I hear more crying over a man with 42 arrests than that nice woman who was sitting on the bench in the subway when a monster stabbed her. What was your reaction when you read about what happened to HER?

He didn’t physically assault anyone because the Marine stopped him. These mentally ill criminals often have long arrest records and are extremely dangerous.

What about that criminal thug who beat a woman senseless on the subway platform - and for no reason at all? Turned out he had killed his own grandmother.

There have been 27 people killed in the NYC subway in the last three years. The interest in this one is obviously because a white (unintentionally) killed a Black. And black lives matter more, when taken by whites.

There have been 27 people killed in the NYC subway in the last three years. The interest in this one is obviously because a white (unintentionally) killed a Black. And black lives matter more, when taken by whites.

The interest is because the man was just let go. When someone harms someone else on a subway and that person is arrested it's not really news.

The interest is because the man was just let go. When someone harms someone else on a subway and that person is arrested it's not really news.
Please link. I saw the photo of the victim on the platform, receiving medical aid (for naught, but they tried). Are you telling me that the Marine who did it just walked off the subway car while the cops were administering aid, and up to the street to continue with his day?

pknopp

Why did you say fake news to what I just asked? How can a question be fake news? You said the Marine protecting innocent passengers from a dangerous criminal was just ”let go.” They would mean the cops on the scene didn’t retain him, and let him walk free with no further action required on his part. Is that what happened?

pknopp

Why did you say fake news to what I just asked? How can a question be fake news? You said the Marine protecting innocent passengers from a dangerous criminal was just ”let go.” They would mean the cops on the scene didn’t retain him, and let him walk free with no further action required on his part. Is that what happened?

You know the story. I'm not playing.

Forum List

Back