DEAL: On terror watch list? No gun AND...cops can search you & home anytime...no warrant or reason.

God damn I wish I was in Paul Ryans seat. Or Trump's advisor. I'd make this ultimate bipartisan compromise.

On the terror watch list???? Ok. Here are TWO rights you're losing:

2nd Amendment: You lose this....and you are now forbidden from buying or owning a gun.

AND...

4th Amendment: Since we need to CONFIRM that you're unarmed....anyone on the terror watch list immediately loses their rights under the 4th. Police will be allowed to search you, your car and your home anytime, anywhere, and for any or no reason. No warrant needed.

DEAL DEMOCRATS????

This deal probably would've stopped both Orlando and San Bernadino. Their homes were filled with evidence of their plan. Heck....THIS deal probably wouldve prevented Boston...OKC...9/11...Columbine...and many others.

I'm ready to compromise libs. Do we have a deal?

Bullshit, it wouldn't have stopped any of them, none were on the terrorist watch list. You also are denied your 5th and 6th amendment rights by being secretly placed on the no fly list. Hell why don't we just throw our all 10, that would make the regressives really happy, you're already 40% there.

NO. Barry will probably say that is true for all citizens except for illegals and muslims. Their 4th amendment rights will still exist.

4th Amendment: Since we need to CONFIRM that you're unarmed....anyone on the terror watch list immediately loses their rights under the 4th. Police will be allowed to search you, your car and your home anytime, anywhere, and for any or no reason. No warrant needed.
Why not get a warrant? This is a dumb logical fallacy.

Why no warrant? Because the 4th Amendment says a warrant is required to search...based on probable cause.

You would not be on the "no fly list" if they didn't have probable cause. So a warrant should be easily obtainable.

You know that's bullshit, many are on the no fly list that don't belong there, that's why due process should be required to be placed on the list.

These lists have a way of inevitably devolving into counterproductive bureaucratic shambles. The infamous No Fly list, for one example, contains thousands of names which obviously do not belong there. One such example was the late Senator Ted Kennedy.

Because they serve a critically important purpose I have no problem with the intrusive conditions associated with the proposed Terrorist Watch List. But it is important for us to know specifically and exactly what circumstances are required to subject one to the severe conditions which placement on this list would impose.

It is important that we not forget the kind of social mayhem that arose from the infamous McCarthyism of the fifties and the many lives that were ruined by the stigma imposed on them for no more substantial cause than the unfounded "suspicions" of casually malicious and/or incompetent bureaucrats.

Yep many do not belong on it, now Kennedy being on it may be debatable.

Let's take this a bit further, anyone that Backs the insane plan to shred the Constitution should also be considered a traitor to the US!
If you become a suspect in a felony some of your Constitutional rights are suspended, which is the basis for damage awards in false arrest lawsuits. The same circumstances should apply to being placed on a terrorist watch list.

If there are valid reasons for placing someone on such a list and treating them accordingly, I have no problem with it. Under the present circumstances I believe such a list and the attending circumstances are necessary.

Wrong, there are no circumstances to justify denying a citizen their constitutional rights. they want a citizen on the list, get a conviction. Period.

the constitution is old, outdated anyways, right? why should post-modern enlightened people be subject to some bronze age fairy tales?

God damn I wish I was in Paul Ryans seat. Or Trump's advisor. I'd make this ultimate bipartisan compromise.

On the terror watch list???? Ok. Here are TWO rights you're losing:

2nd Amendment: You lose this....and you are now forbidden from buying or owning a gun.

AND...

DEAL DEMOCRATS????

This deal probably would've stopped both Orlando and San Bernadino. Their homes were filled with evidence of their plan. Heck....THIS deal probably wouldve prevented Boston...OKC...9/11...Columbine...and many others.

I'm ready to compromise libs. Do we have a deal?
Sure, so long as they can search you, your car and your home anytime, anywhere, and for any or no reason. No warrant needed.

I'm not on a watch list. So no....they cant.
How do you know that? What is the procedure for getting on or off a watch list? What is to prevent the government from putting everyone on a watch list and taking away your rights?

Wrong, there are no circumstances to justify denying a citizen their constitutional rights. they want a citizen on the list, get a conviction. Period.
Wanna bet?

If the police have sufficient cause to charge you with a serious felony the criminal court can not only suspend some of your constitutional rights they can completely remove them by putting you in jail, where you will stay until either you are bailed out, or a judge sees fit to release you, or you are cleared.

I can't speak for other parts of the Nation, but I can assure you that right now the Manhattan House of Detention is packed to the rafters with citizens who have been charged but not convicted and can't afford bail.

Last edited:
Wanna bet?

If the police have sufficient cause to charge you with a serious felony the criminal court can not only suspend some of your constitutional rights they can completely remove them by putting you in jail, where you will stay until either you are bailed out, or a judge sees fit to release you, or you are cleared.

I can't speak for other parts of the Nation, but I can assure you that right now the Manhattan House of Detention is packed to the rafters with citizens who have been charged but not convicted and can't afford bail.

And when they complete due process, if they are found guilty of a terrorism related charge, they can be added to the watch list by the judge. Damn isn't that simple? Adding people to the no fly list without notice is a violation of their 5th and 6th amendments rights, do you want to lose those rights because some bureaucrat made a mistake? Thousands have.

Forum List

Back