Deal-spot...Timex steel MK1...$37.99

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I got mine today...steel MK1 with indiglo.

20200609_170618(1).jpg

Pretty nice...and steel...not plastic.

From Woot! (An Amazon Company) with free shipping for prime members.

Two days left or until they run out.

Not an affiliate link or anything like that...just a good deal I'm passing on. If you just want to find them om Woot.com ... Go to sports and outdoors... Hit the "subcatagory" drop down and goto mens watches.

Timex MK1 Steel Military Style Fabric Mens Watch - $37.99 - Free shipping for Prime members Timex MK1 Steel Military Style Fabric Mens Watch - $37.99 - Free shipping for Prime members

They've also got some other Timex on sale.

View attachment 348102

Not an affiliate link or anything like that...just a good deal I'm passing on. If you just want to find them om Woot.com ... Go to sports and outdoors... Hit the "subcatagory" drop down and goto mens watches.

Timex MK1 Steel Military Style Fabric Mens Watch - $37.99 - Free shipping for Prime members Timex MK1 Steel Military Style Fabric Mens Watch - $37.99 - Free shipping for Prime members

Why would I want one of those when I have a Breitling Superocean.......... :dunno:

View attachment 348102

Why would I want one of those when I have a Breitling Superocean.......... :dunno:
So you could sell the Superocean and know what time it is for less than 40 bucks? :)

Sweet watch though... Not my style...but sweet.

View attachment 348102

So you could sell the Superocean and know what time it is for less than 40 bucks? :)

Sweet watch though... Not my style...but sweet.
It was part of my inheritance and I don't even wear it. I know it's packed up in a box somewhere as is my old Seiko, I'll find them eventually. I'm hard on wrist watches, tend to break em so if I have a watch on me it's a pocket watch otherwise I use my cell phone or my computers.

Of course it's sometimes fun acting all snooty and shit......... :)

It was part of my inheritance and I don't even wear it. I know it's packed up in a box somewhere as is my old Seiko, I'll find them eventually. I'm hard on wrist watches, tend to break em so if I have a watch on me it's a pocket watch otherwise I use my cell phone or my computers.

Of course it's sometimes fun acting all snooty and shit

:lol:

Yeah...I just couldn't put what I know about you together with a watch like that. In fact I thought you were just being facetious.

I'm the same way about breaking watches. I just got a new watch a couple weeks ago. A Seiko 5 auto-winder. If it was the end of the world as we know it, I didn't want to be hunting for watch batteries.

It was like $70 and I have been so worried about scratching it, as I'm always into something dirty, greasy, or what-have-you, that I bought this one.

I made a quick leather cover for the Seiko that also fits this one as well...until I have time to make a good one.

20200609_182735.jpg

20200609_182740.jpg

But this is what I'm going to make when I get a few minutes.

Screenshot_2020-06-03-22-03-35(1).png

Of course it's sometimes fun acting all snooty and shit

:lol:

Yeah...I just couldn't put what I know about you together with a watch like that. In fact I thought you were just being facetious.

I'm the same way about breaking watches. I just got a new watch a couple weeks ago. A Seiko 5 auto-winder. If it was the end of the world as we know it, I didn't want to be hunting for watch batteries.

It was like $70 and I have been so worried about scratching it, as I'm always into something dirty, greasy, or what-have-you, that I bought this one.

I made a quick leather cover for the Seiko that also fits this one as well...until I have time to make a good one.

View attachment 348139

View attachment 348140

But this is what I'm going to make when I get a few minutes.

View attachment 348143
My Seiko is an old 1970s 6139-6012, one of their first automatic chronographs. I think is was around $130 back in 1978 when I bought it. Had it cleaned back in the 80s but then I just stopped wearing watches.

This what it looked like when it was new.

iu

This is my most current pocket watch (I have three).

iu

I like the simple look of a black face military type steel case watch. I recently bought a Tavistock & Jones similar watch on Ebay for about $25 and hope I didn't make a mistake.

Forum List

Back