Death Penalty on its way out

I think automated firing squads is the solution. Lethal injection is not sustainable.
Automated Firing Squads. How would that work? Wouldn't someone need to push a button at some point?
It would have to built and programmed, at least.
Correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe the only purpose of an automated (computerized) firing squad would be to eliminate the moral stigma of having consciously enabled the taking of a life, which I believe in the case of a punitive death penalty would be impossible to do. Because at some point someone would necessarily need to initiate or facilitate the action via some method.
So that's the point of automation. Anybody aiming and firing a gun isn't needed. Loading the bullets and target into the system, and making the system itself, will require humans, but I'd think it would allow the state to do the execution precisely at xx o'clock with only a stay/safety button in case someone changes their mind.

Hence the five-man firing squad and only one live round.
Better more than one round for this purpose. Better no marksmen altogether.

Where US religions stand on capital punishment

Support
Southern Baptists
Evangelicals
Lutheran
Muslims
Mormons

Oppose
Catholics
Methodists
Episcopal
Presbetarian
Unitarian
Judaism

Religious Groups’ Official Positions on Capital Punishment
"Southern Baptists
Evangelicals"
You mean the ones who take the bible most literally support the death penalty? Meh, expected.

They worship Jesus who was wrongly executed

Then demand the same

okay op what you gonna do with the people who simply deserve to die....i do not support the killing of any life....but some do deserve it....they seem to go outta their way to earn it...what about them....those high tech prisons are expensive and the us is already jailing more people than any other country is that a trend we want to continue...

*inner voice* better to execute more than any other country?

is there really a solution ?

Like most of the civilized world, I support life without the possibility of parol

The few remaining countries that still continue to use the barbaric death penalty include radical Muslim countries (like our Jesusland states), China, North Korea and India

3 hots and a cot as punishment for mass murder, that really fair.

Once Hillary gets elected, expect her to stock the Supreme Court with liberals. Probably a 6-3 liberal edge

Given the right case, expect the Court to rule capital punishment as "cruel and unusual" within ten years

and then people will begin to take justice into their own hands if they feel the system does not fill their need for vengeance.

Once Hillary gets elected, expect her to stock the Supreme Court with liberals. Probably a 6-3 liberal edge

Given the right case, expect the Court to rule capital punishment as "cruel and unusual" within ten years

and then people will begin to take justice into their own hands if they feel the system does not fill their need for vengeance.

I believe that if the Democrats win in 2016, the death penalty will be the last thing on the minds of Americans.

okay op what you gonna do with the people who simply deserve to die....i do not support the killing of any life....but some do deserve it....they seem to go outta their way to earn it...what about them....those high tech prisons are expensive and the us is already jailing more people than any other country is that a trend we want to continue...

Like most of the civilized world, I support life without the possibility of parol

The few remaining countries that still continue to use the barbaric death penalty include radical Muslim countries (like our Jesusland states), China, North Korea and India

Yup

That is your life until you die....your cot, your walls, your toilet

I believe that if the Democrats win in 2016, the death penalty will be the last thing on the minds of Americans.

When the Democrats win in 2016, Hillary will stock the Supreme Court with liberal judges

Won't be long until a death penalty case comes their way

Jesusland will be pissed

Doesn't happen in the rest of the civilized world...Are America's Conservatives that extreme?

No they won't. That's patently ridiculous.

Yup

That may bother you, but for someone with the ability to take life in such a way as to warrant their own death, do you really think that bothers them?

Doesn't happen in the rest of the civilized world...Are America's Conservatives that extreme?

The rest of the "civilized world" is a bunch of pussies waiting to be out-bred by their hungrier more forceful visitors.

People in Texas want the death penalty, if the feds take it away from them, does that desire simply go away?

Yup

That may bother you, but for someone with the ability to take life in such a way as to warrant their own death, do you really think that bothers them?
Sure does
Maximum securityfor life is not fun

People in Texas want the death penalty, if the feds take it away from them, does that desire simply go away?

Will they react like they did for Jade Helm or more like Cliven Bundy?

Will Texas resort to lynch mobs to satisfy their lust for blood?

The majority of people? Or the minority that has a gerrymandered stranglehold on the state.

More and more, Texas is fast becoming normal.

Now, lets look at the remaining states that still use the death penalty

death-penalty-map.png

16 do not allow the death penalty
12 have had fewer than ten executions in the last 40 years

The majority of executions take place in a few states primarily influenced by Baptists

your map shows massachusetts has no death penalty... must be an old chart.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/16/us/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-death-sentence.html?_r=0

Yup

Sure does
Maximum securityfor life is not fun

again, you project your view on being imprisoned on someone who is capable of killing someone in such a was as other people want the State to kill them.

Will they react like they did for Jade Helm or more like Cliven Bundy?

Will Texas resort to lynch mobs to satisfy their lust for blood?

ban the death penalty without the consent of the people, and see what happens.

Forum List

Back