Debate 1: What Was the Most Important Point Made ?

sanders was one that the claim of ineffectiveness in government could be logically leveled against. clinton is not
HA HA HA HA!! See post # 259 :laugh:

Although one could make the case to ask the question >> Effectiveness FOR WHOM ?

Muslim_Brotherhood_Emblem.jpg

That Hillary Clinton has been in Government for 20 years and is just now thinking about these issues.
an ignorant statement if ever there was one

She's complaining about the very government she's been a part of. My statement is dead on accurate. You're the one who is ignorant.
claiming that the first lady, a junior senator, or even a secretary of state had the power and influence to correct all the ills in the world is flat out retarded.

claimimg she wasn't trying is even worse.
Could be she wasn't trying. She might have been konked out on the couch after booze binging all night. Then Huma took over, and all the pro-Muslim Brotherhood stuff went down >>

1- reversed the policy against formal contacts with the Brotherhood;

2- funded Hamas;

3- continued funding Egypt even after the Brotherhood won the elections;

4- dropped an investigation of Brotherhood organizations in the U.S. that were previously identified as co-conspirators in the case of the Holy Land Foundation financing Hamas;

5- hosted Brotherhood delegations in the United States;

6- issued a visa to a member of the Islamic Group (a designated terrorist organization) and hosted him in Washington because he was part of the Brotherhood’s parliamentary coalition in Egypt;

7- announced that Israel should go back to its indefensible 1967 borders;

8- excluded Israel, the world’s leading target of terrorism, from a counterterrorism forum, in which the State Department sought to “partner” with Islamist governments that do not regard attacks on Israel as terrorism;

9- and pressured Egypt’s pro-American military government (Mubarek) to surrender power to the anti-American Muslim Brotherhood parliament and president (Morsi) then just elected by Egypt’s predominantly anti-American population.

10.. Who could ever forget the Benghazi fiasco ?
the 33K emails.

yes, it was.
no charges ever filed. it wasn't illegal.
a thing can be illegal.without every perpetrator having charges filed.

racial discrimination in housing was illegal while trump was practicing it
it wasn't proven. hence not illegal.
By that logic, Nicole Simpson was not murdered. It's never been proven that her death was murder
not sure i follow.
The claim was made that Trump's property discriminated against minorities. No guilt was ever established. You claim this means that nothing illegal occurred.
The claim was made that Nicole Simpson was murdered by her husband O.J. He was acquitted and no guilt was ever established. Does this mean that nothing illegal occurred?

My point is that there exists evidence that Trump properties discriminated against minorities. Trump settled the law suit without admission of guilt, but that no more means that nothing illegal actually happened than O.J.'s acquittal means nothing illegal happened to his wife.

With a couple of days of commentary now in the media, the general observations about the first debate are as follows:

- Donald did better than expected;

- Donald looked better than expected;

- Donald behaved himself better than expected at least for the first 30 minutes;

- Donald's base probably liked what they saw;

- Hillary did extremely well technically just as expected however politically it was probably a draw for both her and for Donald in terms of who "won" the first debate;

- Hillary looked better than expected too;

- Hillary was cool, calm, and collected and not shrill at all so she also behaved better than expected;

- Hillary's base certainly enjoyed what they saw in her.

Score after Debate #1:

Donald 1/2
Hillary 1/2

no charges ever filed. it wasn't illegal.

By that logic, Nicole Simpson was not murdered. It's never been proven that her death was murder
not sure i follow.
The claim was made that Trump's property discriminated against minorities. No guilt was ever established. You claim this means that nothing illegal occurred.
The claim was made that Nicole Simpson was murdered by her husband O.J. He was acquitted and no guilt was ever established. Does this mean that nothing illegal occurred?

My point is that there exists evidence that Trump properties discriminated against minorities. Trump settled the law suit without admission of guilt, but that no more means that nothing illegal actually happened than O.J.'s acquittal means nothing illegal happened to his wife.
Well at least you accurately stated the properties and not Trump. Big difference and inaccurate to make the statement that trump did illegal discrimination. just ain't correct. Thanks,

This question should bring quite variety of responses. Lots of issues are out there, and quite a few were covered (although I would say insufficiently).

My choice for the Most Important Point Made is that Hillary Clinton has been part of the federal government for 20 years, and look at the mess that we have. Back in the early 90s as First Lady, she helped author NAFTA, the worst destruction of US jobs in our history. Simultaneously, and all through her 20 years, she supported DOMESTIC outsourcing (AKA immigration), and still does, taking millions of jobs away from Americans, reducing wages, robbing US businesses of (currently) $133 Billion in sales (due to remittances), massive tax revenue losses to welfare, bringing additional crime and foreign diseases into the country, and a long list of other harms.

As Sect of State in 2009-2013, , with a Muslim Brotherhood close aide, (Huma Abedin), the US govt went through a period of amazing friendship with the Muslim Brotherhood, an organization sworn to destroy America, and all of Western civilization. Those resulted in a long list of policies that were pro- Muslim Brotherhood, and anti USA.

Also during this time, in 2011, US troops were removed from Iraq, opening up the vacuum that allowed ISIS to move in. Not taking the Iraqi oil, allowed ISIS to quickly grow and strengthen, into what is now the worst threat (nuclear and EMP) that America has ever faced. Making matters worse, she now wants to allow in hundreds of thousands of immigrants from the Middle East, which is sure to have the ISIS "Trojan Horse" among them (a point that Trump badly needed to make and strangely didn't).

My take away reinforced my opinion that Donald Trump does not have the right stuff to be POTUS. He proved to be a bully, rude, antagonistic, uninformed, ill tempered and after the event, a whiner.
don't you want a leader?

Said by the second lemming to jump into the sea? !

Do you know what a leader actually is? If you believe Trump is a leader you are dead wrong.

Leaders don't lead by fear, or seek LT's who are yes men. Leaders listen more than speak, they change direction when necessary, they take the heat when shit hits the fan and leaders do not fear failure - they learn from it.

That Hillary Clinton has been in Government for 20 years and is just now thinking about these issues.

She's complaining about the very government she's been a part of. My statement is dead on accurate. You're the one who is ignorant.
claiming that the first lady, a junior senator, or even a secretary of state had the power and influence to correct all the ills in the world is flat out retarded.

sure it is, it is much more the establishment and her canned answers are still just establishment responses. You'll never understand, stop trying.

Another example of how the right wing HATES knowledge- they even hate it when a Presidential candidate actually prepares for a debate- they prefer a candidate who just stays ignorant.

not sure i follow.

Well at least you accurately stated the properties and not Trump. Big difference and inaccurate to make the statement that trump did illegal discrimination. just ain't correct. Thanks,

Hmm- actually Donald Trump- as President of Trump Properties was specifically and individually charged with refusing to rent to blacks and Puerto Ricans.

And Donald settled the case- by promising not to do it again.

But he was accused of doing it again a few months later.

sure it is, it is much more the establishment and her canned answers are still just establishment responses. You'll never understand, stop trying.

Another example of how the right wing HATES knowledge- they even hate it when a Presidential candidate actually prepares for a debate- they prefer a candidate who just stays ignorant.
so again, Whoop tie-doo, I give two shits someone prepares for a debate. I want a fair debate. I want a moderator from each side from now on. you cool with that? let's ask difficult questions the debaters haven't prepared for, I don't want to hear canned speeches.

not sure i follow.

Hmm- actually Donald Trump- as President of Trump Properties was specifically and individually charged with refusing to rent to blacks and Puerto Ricans.

And Donald settled the case- by promising not to do it again.

But he was accused of doing it again a few months later.
show me the proof.

The most important single point?

That Trump is proud of not preparing for the debate or the presidency.

That's the kind of thing that people look at, not specific policy points. Clinton looked presidential, Trump looked scary.

Trump could study for 100 years and he would still not be as knowledgeable as Hillary

He might as well rely on his Trumpish charm
He knows she's a crook, so he is obviously much more knowledgeable than you.

What he needs to do is nail to the wall with her involvement in the HIRC.

Where is all the money?

Why did Alice Walton give the The Clinton campaign several hundreds of thousands of dollars after Bill & Crooked Hillary gave WalMart a brand new duty-free sweatshop.

Why were the e-mails destroyed during the period when the Clintons' looted the $11 billion Haiti Earthquake relief fund?

She should be in prison.

I tried to watch the entire debate, but I just couldn't. Bottom line is this....if you like Trump, nothing is gonna change your mind, Hillary on the other hand has to get her side exited...she's not gonna bring in anybody new, she just has to get her base exited about her old white ass and honestly, its not happening.

If Trump wins, it will be because nobody is exited about a old retread white woman who's boring as hell.

I agree with most of your post.
1. Trump will not win the presidency. There is not enough whites to win the elections.
2. Undecided voters will swing to Hillary with the help of sanders.
3. Hispanics, Asians, blacks and other minority voters are voting Hillary.......

So I just have to repeat Trump will not win the presidency.

Forum List

Back