Debt Clock......Frozen????

I know that it is futile to suggest that you folks find out about what you are outraged about rather than engage in this intellectual circle jerk, but if anyone cares about why the official deficit remains the same,here it is:

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/44324-FederalDebt.pdf

Ever wonder what those 'extra-ordinary measures' are?

Available extraordinary measures include:
•The Government Securities Investment Fund (G): $160 billion. The G Fund is part of the Federal Employees’ Retirement System Thrift Savings Plan. Treasury may take money in the fund and hold any interest payments to avoid a breach in the debt limit. Once the debt limit is raised, Treasury is required to pay back the full balance and lost interest.
•The Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund (CSRDF): $74 billion. This fund pays benefits to retired and disabled civil service federal employees. Treasury may redeem certain investments in the fund and suspend new investments for a declared period of time and is required to pay back the balance with interest.
•The Postal Service Retiree Health Benefits Fund (PSRHBF): $5 billion. The U.S. Postal Service is required to prefund health benefits for its retirees in the PSRHBF. Treasury may apply the same tools to this fund as to the CSRDF.
•The Exchange Stabilization Fund: $23 billion. This fund, among other uses, buys and sells foreign currency for economic stabilization purposes involving adverse or unwelcome exchange rate movements. For example, it was used in 2011 to help alleviate a surge in the Japanese currency after a major earthquake. Treasury is not authorized to restore lost interest.
•State and local government series Treasury securities. These are securities the federal government may or may not issue to states and local entities to hold any cash proceeds from their issuance of bonds.

Treasury Employs Extraordinary Measures to Spend Beyond Debt Limit | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

So, the government basically borrows the money from government employees.

I would be a bit nervous about that if I were a government employee.....

I know that it is futile to suggest that you folks find out about what you are outraged about rather than engage in this intellectual circle jerk, but if anyone cares about why the official deficit remains the same,here it is:

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/44324-FederalDebt.pdf

Ever wonder what those 'extra-ordinary measures' are?

Available extraordinary measures include:
•The Government Securities Investment Fund (G): $160 billion. The G Fund is part of the Federal Employees’ Retirement System Thrift Savings Plan. Treasury may take money in the fund and hold any interest payments to avoid a breach in the debt limit. Once the debt limit is raised, Treasury is required to pay back the full balance and lost interest.
•The Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund (CSRDF): $74 billion. This fund pays benefits to retired and disabled civil service federal employees. Treasury may redeem certain investments in the fund and suspend new investments for a declared period of time and is required to pay back the balance with interest.
•The Postal Service Retiree Health Benefits Fund (PSRHBF): $5 billion. The U.S. Postal Service is required to prefund health benefits for its retirees in the PSRHBF. Treasury may apply the same tools to this fund as to the CSRDF.
•The Exchange Stabilization Fund: $23 billion. This fund, among other uses, buys and sells foreign currency for economic stabilization purposes involving adverse or unwelcome exchange rate movements. For example, it was used in 2011 to help alleviate a surge in the Japanese currency after a major earthquake. Treasury is not authorized to restore lost interest.
•State and local government series Treasury securities. These are securities the federal government may or may not issue to states and local entities to hold any cash proceeds from their issuance of bonds.

Treasury Employs Extraordinary Measures to Spend Beyond Debt Limit | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

So, the government basically borrows the money from government employees.

I would be a bit nervous about that if I were a government employee.....

government to employee- i il gladly pay you Tuesday for an IRS audit of a conservative today

--LOL

Basic accounting principle magic. :rofl:

Brilliant as usual. Ignorance must really be bliss in your case.

Quick question: how did you go about becoming a professional douche bag?
Step found a conservative college that offers a major in Douche Bag He has the record for the highest GPA of anyone in that major.
Maybe Liberty college?

That's very clever, fella. Did you and Mr. basic accounting magic team think that one up?

Brilliant as usual. Ignorance must really be bliss in your case.

Quick question: how did you go about becoming a professional douche bag?
Step found a conservative college that offers a major in Douche Bag He has the record for the highest GPA of anyone in that major.
Maybe Liberty college?

That's very clever, fella. Did you and Mr. basic accounting magic team think that one up?

Again, if you're going to argue about national accounting identities, how do expect to have a serious debate? I'm being completely serious. It's like saying I can't prove 2+2=4 or 5*5=25. You're being delusional.

Last edited:
I dont expect to have a serious debate with a clown.

I forgot....... I'm talking to a guy that thinks we dig up wealth out of the ground.

Another assertion you can not prove. You're batting a 1,000 in this thread. Hence the clown status. You dont know shit. You make it up as you go.
You're, in short, intellectually bankrupt.

Congrats.

All we have to do is have people dig up our exchange. Between your batshit assertions, not even understanding what you posted, and your insistence about how all things Austrian are divine and contain some metaphysical truth, we'll leave it up to anyone interested to have a look.

:ahole-1:

Sure thing, clown.

8446195766_8db78339f5_o.jpg

What a shame we don't have a clock monitoring the erosion of our civil liberties.

At least that would be measuring something REAL.

yet obama separates himself from that doesn't he? It's not his fault is it? He's trying to stop it isn't he? :eusa_whistle:

Does he?

News to me, lad.

You really are under the impression (probably since I fault the GOP and lots of other right wing nonsense posted here so often) that I am a Dem or something, aren't you. BR?

Don't your knees get tired of jerking so much, lad?

:lol:

Last edited:
What a shame we don't have a clock monitoring the erosion of our civil liberties.

At least that would be measuring something REAL.

yet obama separates himself from that doesn't he? It's not his fault is it? He's trying to stop it isn't he? :eusa_whistle:

Does he?

News to me, lad.

You really are under the impression (probably since I fault the GOP and lots of other right wing nonsense posted here so often) that I am a Dem or something, aren't you. BR?

Don't your knees get tired of jerking so much, lad?

:lol:
Nice deflection never addressing what was said.

"Treasury: Debt Up $0 in August; CBO: But Deficit Was $146B -

(CNSNews.com) - The federal deficit increased by $146 billion in August, according to a report released today by the Congressional Budget Office. But, at the same time, according to the U.S. Treasury, the federal debt did not increase at all during the month.

Total federal receipts were $185 billion during August, according to the CBO, while total federal outlays were $331 billion. Thus, the Treasury was forced to engage in $146 billion in deficit spending."
Treasury: Debt Up $0 in August; CBO: But Deficit Was $146B | CNS News

"Treasury: Debt Up $0 in August; CBO: But Deficit Was $146B -

(CNSNews.com) - The federal deficit increased by $146 billion in August, according to a report released today by the Congressional Budget Office. But, at the same time, according to the U.S. Treasury, the federal debt did not increase at all during the month.

Total federal receipts were $185 billion during August, according to the CBO, while total federal outlays were $331 billion. Thus, the Treasury was forced to engage in $146 billion in deficit spending."
Treasury: Debt Up $0 in August; CBO: But Deficit Was $146B | CNS News

Maybe you should actually read the article you cited. The "debt" mentioned is that portion of federal outlays that are restricted by arbitrary Congressional "debt limits." The federal government has other sources it can use in a pinch to pay bills and obligations.

I know it's hard to comprehend, peanut, but the U.S. federal government is VAST. It defines money, and there is no real meaning of "debt" in terms of U.S. money supply.

Forum List

Back