Defense rifle vs assault rifle

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
How can a gun be designated an assault rifle without knowing the intent of a purchaser or owner?

Even the liberal Wikipedia gets it right sometimes:

"In 2009, the term "modern sporting rifle" was coined by the National Shooting Sports Foundation for its survey that year as a marketing term used by the firearms industry to describe modular semi-automatic rifles including AR-15s..."

"The primary distinction between civilian semi-automatic rifles and military assault rifles is select fire."

AR-15 style rifle - Wikipedia.

If a gun can be designated an assault rifle without knowing what the true intent of the rifle is, maybe they should be called defense assault rifles when they are intended for defense, and hunting assault rifles when they are intended for hunting. Maybe a freedom assault rifle if the intent is to simply have what the second amendment guarantees.

If a gun can be designated an assault rifle without knowing what the true intent of the rifle is, maybe they should be called defense assault rifles when they are intended for defense, and hunting assault rifles when they are intended for hunting. Maybe a freedom assault rifle if the intent is to simply have what the second amendment guarantees.

Actually, anything in 5.56mm or .223 is a varmint rifle. The caliber itself was designed for hunting woodchucks, crows, prairie dogs, groundhogs, coyotes, and other small invasive critters.

How can a gun be designated an assault rifle without knowing the intent of a purchaser or owner?

Rifles designed for full auto combat against large numbers of enemy are assault rifles. They are designed to "assault" the enemy with a spray of bullets.

Single fire rifles that go PLINK PLINK PLINK once for every time you squeeze the trigger are NOT assault rifles. That is all you can buy w/o a fed stamp.

Besides, rifles account for only 1% of all gun deaths. No one holds up a 7-11 with an AR-15.

Unless you're planning on standing off a squad of infantry and your home is extremely isolated a rifle is a terrible choice for home defense.
How does this explain how a gun be designated an assault rifle without knowing the intentions of the owner or purchaser?

Unless you're planning on standing off a squad of infantry and your home is extremely isolated a rifle is a terrible choice for home defense.
whats your address???
You don't know what I do, so I'm just gonna let that slide. I should give it to you, would serve you right.
I dont care about your sex life,, just give us your address so we can let people know you defend you house with a water gun,,

whats your address???
You don't know what I do, so I'm just gonna let that slide. I should give it to you, would serve you right.
I dont care about your sex life,, just give us your address so we can let people know you defend you house with a water gun,,
I don't think he understands where you are going with this, or what Biden is proposing.

whats your address???
I don't think he understands where you are going with this, or what Biden is proposing.
hes stupid that way,,

whats your address???
Operate a security contracting and consulting company. I don't have a gun cabinet, I have an armory. I have my own range with pop-ups and a shoot-house. When business is slow we teach defensive shooting.

For home defense I keep a short old school remington 870 with a pistol grip and extended magazine. Also, being the kind of business it is and the people I employ I'm on a first name basis with local police, sheriff, and FBI.

Still wanna stop by?

Forum List

Back