Defensive Gun Use

How can ANYONE be illegally in possession of a firearm?
After all, isn't ANY RESTRICTION a violation of the 2nd?

Setting aside your obvious confusion

Legal or not the presence of the firearm is the deciding factor.
Because federal gun laws specifically state who is prohibited from owning firearms.

Or didn't you know that?

How can ANYONE be illegally in possession of a firearm?
After all, isn't ANY RESTRICTION a violation of the 2nd?

Setting aside your obvious confusion

Legal or not the presence of the firearm is the deciding factor.
Wrong because it is also a fact that people who possess CCW permits are the most law abiding group of people in the entire country

So what are you saying, that law abiding citizens legal to carry a firearm for protection are the same as gangs who all carry firearms and constantly having shoot outs?
I'm saying they live the life you dream of

You carry guns for the same reason.

Because federal gun laws specifically state who is prohibited from owning firearms.

Or didn't you know that?
So you're saying the government has the authority to regulate who can and cannot buy, sell, own, and possess firearms.

Thanks for finally admitting that.

When universal background checks and red flag laws are put in place I'm sure you'll have no problem with them.

Wrong because it is also a fact that people who possess CCW permits are the most law abiding group of people in the entire country

I've no problem with concealed carry.
Provided training required and regularly repeated, full background check, and the firearm registered.

I've proposes this many times, in fact, I'm willing to forego background checks is gun buyers first receive training and practice in the firearms they intend to purchase.

Provided training required and regularly repeated, full background check, and the firearm registered.

I've proposes this many times, in fact, I'm willing to forego background checks is gun buyers first receive training and practice in the firearms they intend to purchase.

I guess the term shall not be infringed is confusing to you.

I'm saying they live the life you dream of

You carry guns for the same reason.

Which would pretty much skew your statistics. You would really have to do a lot of digging around where an armed citizen protecting himself (or others) getting shot by the bad guy whereas gangs members shoot each other up all the time.

So you're saying the government has the authority to regulate who can and cannot buy, sell, own, and possess firearms.

Thanks for finally admitting that.

When universal background checks and red flag laws are put in place I'm sure you'll have no problem with them.
Where did I ever say otherwise and please quote the post.

So your so called study is bullshit because it matters if the person was illegally in possession of a firearm.

Criminal do criminal things after all

Which would pretty much skew your statistics. You would really have to do a lot of digging around where an armed citizen protecting himself (or others) getting shot by the bad guy whereas gangs members shoot each other up all the time.
Study linked in this thread.

NIH study.

Deny the facts if you like but that doesn't make them wrong, it only makes you appear ignorant.

So your so called study is bullshit because it matters if the person was illegally in possession of a firearm.

Criminal do criminal things after all
You men sell their guns to criminals?
Yes, gun owners do.

BUUUUUT

If you'd take the time to read the study you'd see the account for that so...

Maybe the bullshit is in your mirror.

The ownership, type, and use of firearms has been regulated since 1828.

More likely you don't understand the meaning of "the people" or "free state."

Ownership is a right to anybody not a convicted felon and the only type of weapons actually partially outlawed are automatic weapons like machine guns unless you have a permit by the federal government.

What you're talking about is something similar to a poll tax where people would have to spend hundreds of dollars for training and certification of each and every firearm they own. That's infringement because besides the extra expense, you may not get certified in that weapon unless you are an ace shot.

A Constitutional right is not something you have to prove to government you are worthy of. Those rights belong to all Americans.

Study linked in this thread.

NIH study.

Deny the facts if you like but that doesn't make them wrong, it only makes you appear ignorant.

This thread is 191 posts long, and I'm not about to go digging around for it. Post it again and if it's not ridiculous, I'll read it and point out the flaws like every other similar study about guns they lied about in the past.

Sure if you just stand still and wait for the guy to stab you.
I took jujitsu years ago and we learned how to disarm a person who attacked us with a knife. It’s not all that difficult with some fool who just grabbed a kitchen knife but becomes much more difficult when dealing with an experienced knife fighter.

The instructor told us that in any effort to disarm a knife fighter there is an excellent chance you will get cut.

Even if you shoot someone with a knife that doesn’t mean he just falls over dead like in the movies. You can shoot him right in the heart and he can still stab you.

Last edited:
I took jujitsu years ago and we learned how to disarm a person who attacked us with a knife. It’s not all that difficult with some fool who just grabbed a kitchen knife but becomes much more difficult when dealing with an experienced knife fighter.

The instructor told us that in any effort to disarm a knife fighter there is an excellent stance you will get cut.

Even if you shoot someone with a knife that doesn’t mean he just falls over dead like in the movies. You can shoot him right in the heart and he can still stab you.

That takes me back. I was in Kempo and stayed to black belt. The first thing we learned about fighting somebody with a weapon is never attack the weapon, attack the hand or arm the weapon is in. Less likely the hand or arm will hurt you whereas the weapon will every time.

In our system of arts we stepped into the opponent, not away. If somebody is coming at you with a club over their head we took a step forward into the attacker. Not only is the attacker not expecting that, it brings you closer to the arm the weapon is in.

Sure if you just stand still and wait for the guy to stab you.
So what tactics do you suggest.

I pocket carry a snub nosed S&W Model 642 .38+P revolver. If I suspect a problem, I simply put my hand in my pocket on the weapon and can quickly draw it. Much faster than a concealed weapon where I might have to lift my shirt with one hand and grab the gun with the other.

You can also put the revolver in a jacket pocket and have your hand in the pocket holding the weapon pointed at your potential attacker. You can shoot right through your jacket.

Notice the weapon has an internal trigger so it will not hang up when you draw it. With a revolver you can also shove it into an attacker’s belly and it will still fire while a pistol will be pushed out of battery and not fire.

This weapon is double action only with a heavy trigger pull. It has a stiff recoil and is for most shooters is not all that accurate past 21 feet. It requires practice to master and that practice is not all that much fun.

Also it is possible that if you put your hand on the weapon in your pocket the bad guy may realize you are armed and decide not to attack. That tactic can work even without a gun.

1678421183218.jpeg

That takes me back. I was in Kempo and stayed to black belt. The first thing we learned about fighting somebody with a weapon is never attack the weapon, attack the hand or arm the weapon is in. Less likely the hand or arm will hurt you whereas the weapon will every time.

In our system of arts we stepped into the opponent, not away. If somebody is coming at you with a club over their head we took a step forward into the attacker. Not only is the attacker not expecting that, it brings you closer to the arm the weapon is in.
In the jujitsu classes I took we learned at very close range to side step out of the direct line of the knife, gun or club and then use the tactics we were taught to disarm the attacker. It is in my opinion much easier to disarm a person with a gun or club than an experienced knife fighter.

Forum List

Back