Definitive Proof that GOD Exists?

How do you explain sandstone at the bottom of the Grand Canyon with a river constantly running through it ?
You get more incoherent with each posting. Many of the sandstone deposits were formed by wind action -- no water involved. They are recognizable to geologists and can be seen forming today in many places. Animals in the distant past were often covered by the sand (wind action, no water involved) and fossilized right in the sand!!

The Grand Canyon itself is about 6 million years old, The sandstone there has nothing to do with the Colorado River!! It was formed hundreds of millions of years ago!!

By the way, have you ever heard of radioactive dating? Or do you imagine that Jehovah waved his Magic Fingers here, there, and everywhere all over the globe to make uranium decay at various different rates in order to fool the geologists?

I think you must be at least at the borderlines of insanity!!

Try again Age of the Grand Canyon | How Old is the Grand Canyon

Yes I have heard of the dating method I believe all dating methods are unreliable.

Not surprisingly, facts often refute what you believe.

Did you happen to notice that the author of your cut and paste article identifies the Grand Canyon as being millions of years "old".

Did you happen to notice how frequently you refute your own claims?

I'm not making this a religious argument. I am comparing your belief to religious belief in an attempt to show you that you can be just as intransigent and unmoving as those whose beliefs you use as proof yet denigrate at the same time.

I'm not at all intransigent or unmoving, I simply reject your shallow explanations for human spirituality. You know, before I posted this thread, I had already heard everything raised in this thread by you and others, dozens and dozens of times, in every debate on this topic. You could not have expected it to work this time any better than it has worked previously, especially since I made such an effort to keep this from turning into a religious debate.

I cannot figure out what you are trying to say sometimes. That mankind has worshiped various beings throughout history is not in question. If that is your definition of a spiritual nature, simply that people worship something beyond themselves, then yes, humanity has a spiritual nature. If, on the other hand, you use that worship as evidence that spiritual beings or forces exist (although they cannot be seen because they are not part of the physical universe) then I disagree.

Oh I know you can't figure out what I am trying to say sometimes, because you keep trying to misinterpret me and claim I've said things I never said. You seem to be on the verge of getting it, that humans have always been spiritually connected to something greater than self, is a big part. The other part, you alluded to earlier, humans have a need which spirituality fills. This is not imaginary, and it's not mass delusion. It's certainly not coincidental that man is spiritually connected and has achieved all man has done.

But man has never existed without spirituality for very long. In every instance, man becomes complacent and immoral, and destroys civilized society. Also, these people arguing in this thread against me, are not examples of people who don't believe in a spiritual higher power. I know that is what they will say, and even swear this is so, but it's not. You don't spend this amount of time arguing against something you don't believe exists or is real. Most of them are simply angry at a god they believe exists, for judging them, for messing up their lives, for some injustice they believe god is responsible for. Their viewpoint is that of denunciation, they seek to punish the god they believe exists, by denouncing him and convincing others to do the same. Atheists are often some of the biggest believers in god. Statistically speaking, about 5% of the human race is Nihilist.

Man can not exist without spirituality.

Sorry, but other animals have intelligence. You're right, the debate ends there. The most defining attribute of humans is spirituality. It doesn't matter if you disagree.

Huh? Animals aren't able to imagine something that isn't real to keep them comforted?

Look, if you just want to pretend to be silly here, we can do that. I don't care. We both know that humans have a fear of death and other animals don't think about it. They do not contemplate what happens after they die. Humans do this, and humans alone. Now grow the fuck up and stop trying to play cute little games here, being an obtuse twit.

Again, humans are spiritually connected, where other animals are not. This manifests in the human contemplation and concern for their spiritual self, or spirit. This sparks the question of what happens after we die, and why mankind has always asked this question. Other animals don't do this, because they are not spiritually connected. So what you are erroneously doing, is taking the byproduct of spiritual belief, the contemplation of death, and you are claiming this is why man invented spirituality. It is refutable because no other animal contemplates death or needs something to explain it. There is no logical reason humans, the most intelligent of all species, would have to create some placebo to deal with a 'fear of death' that doesn't exist anywhere else in nature. Does that really make sense to you?

Are you saying black holes are not part of the physical universe? I don't understand what you think my definition of supernatural is. I actually was using a dictionary definition : 'of, pertaining to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal'. Not sure how black holes fit into that.

I have no problem with that definition, but spirituality doesn't fit the criteria of it. Spirituality is natural, it is found in the human species for all of the human species existence. Spiritual nature is present but not physically verifiable. It is not an abnormal phenomenon, it is present in about 95% of all humans, and this is consistent through all of human existence. You and others, don't believe in it, and demand physical proof of it, which is illogical.

Black holes are not explainable with natural laws of physics. Something is happening there, that our physics doesn't support. The energy is so strong that light cannot escape, and that defies our laws of nature. Is this supernatural? No, because we can observe it. Can't explain it yet, not really sure what is happening, but even though it defies our natural laws, it is there and can't be denied. You see, the egocentricity in man, will assume there can never be any physical proof the spiritual realm exists, but we can't possibly know this. There are things in our own physical universe, we don't yet understand. Because physical sciences are unable to prove spiritual nature today, doesn't mean it will forever be this way. However, once spiritual existence is verified by physical evidence, it no longer exists as spiritual.

One last time : believe what you will, just understand that your beliefs are subjective. You have not provided objective evidence of your conclusions.

Everyone's beliefs are subjective, aren't they?

I think I have provided a lot of objective evidence, and I've shot down everything you've countered with. You can pretend otherwise, if that makes you feel better. Or you can claim this is a philosophical debate that no one can win. To me, it doesn't matter, I am satisfied with my OP argument, and it remains uncontested.

Notice the part I have put in bold. You said that someone won't spend this amount of time arguing against something they don't believe is real. YWC doesn't believe macro-evolution is real per his own words. He has spent far more time arguing against it than this thread has existed. The creationism thread, in which he argues against the existence of macro-evolution, has gone on for years.

So, by your reasoning, does that mean YWC is secretly convinced macro-evolution is real, since he would not argue so long against something he didn't believe in? You can claim you never said that people won't argue long against something they don't believe exists, but it's quoted right here that you did.

I'd also like to point out that there is a difference between disliking or anger against religion, or religious people, and disliking or anger against god. One can dislike religion, one can become angry at religious people, and not believe in the existence of god.

This is an argument I've seen a number of times from the religious; most people aren't actually unbelievers, they just won't admit they believe. It is another example of why I have compared you to followers of organized religion. You make some of the same arguments.

You don't make assumptions, you KNOW that others don't truly disbelieve god. You are able to read their thoughts, since their words obviously say otherwise? Barring telepathy, how is it anything BUT an assumption?

You silly person we were talking rock strata where fossils are found.

You silly person don't have a clue How is Sandstone Formed? - Ask.com

Ignoramus is fitting for you child.
again a false assumption and attempting to manipulate fact.
1 true, many fossils are found in sandstone .
2 but sand stone takes millions of years to form that fact alone refutes the young earth myth.
meaning YWC has no argument..

prove it
it proves it's self
you have no argument ,that is to say you have no legitimate or valid argument.
just willful ignorance.

You silly person we were talking rock strata where fossils are found.

You silly person don't have a clue How is Sandstone Formed? - Ask.com

Ignoramus is fitting for you child.
2 but sand stone takes millions of years to form that fact alone refutes the young earth myth.

The earth's crust is made up of sedimentary rock. The sedimentary rock was distributed by rapid erosion and deposition by water let's not forget transportation. There is no evidence of global uniformity of strata over large spans of time.

You are reading opinions and taking it as a fact as usual.

How do you explain sandstone at the bottom of the Grand Canyon with a river constantly running through it ?
false
We know that the Earth's crust is made of two grand categories of rocks: basaltic and granitic. Basaltic rocks underlie the seafloors and granitic rocks make up the continents. The seismic velocities of these rock types in the lab match the velocities in the crust down to the Moho, so we're pretty sure that the Moho marks a real change in rock chemistry. The Moho isn't a perfect boundary, because some crustal rocks and mantle rocks can masquerade as the other, but even so everyone who talks about the crust, whether in seismological or petrological terms, fortunately means the same thing.

In general, then, the crust has two types, oceanic crust and continental crust.

Oceanic Crust

Oceanic crust covers about 60 percent of the Earth's surface. Oceanic crust is thin and young—no more than about 20 km thick and never older than about 180 million years. Everything older has been pulled underneath the continents by subduction. Oceanic crust is born at the midocean ridges, where pressure upon the underlying mantle is released and the peridotite there begins to melt in response. The part that melts becomes basaltic lava, which rises and erupts while the remaining peridotite becomes depleted.

The midocean ridges migrate over the Earth like Roombas, extracting the basaltic component from the mantle as they go. What that means has to do with rock chemistry. Basaltic rocks contain more silicon and aluminum than the peridotite left behind, which has more iron and magnesium. Basaltic rocks are less dense. In terms of minerals, basalt has more feldspar and amphibole, less olivine and pyroxene, than peridotite. In geologist's shorthand, oceanic crust is mafic while oceanic mantle is ultramafic.

Oceanic crust, being so thin, is a very small fraction of the Earth—about 0.1 percent—but its life cycle serves to refine the rocks of the upper mantle into new rocks with a lighter blend of elements. It also extracts the so-called incompatible elements, which don't fit into mantle minerals and move into the liquid melt. These in turn move into the continental crust as plate tectonics proceeds.

Continental Crust

Continental crust is thick and old—on average about 50 km thick and about 2 billion years old—and it covers about 40 percent of the planet. Whereas almost all of the oceanic crust is underwater, most of the continental crust is exposed to the air.

The continents slowly grow over geologic time as oceanic crust and seafloor sediments are pulled beneath them by subduction. The descending basalts have the water and incompatible elements squeezed out of them, and this material rises to trigger more melting in the so-called subduction factory.

The continental crust is made of granitic rocks, which have even more silicon and aluminum than the basaltic oceanic crust; they also have more oxygen thanks to the atmosphere. Granitic rocks are even less dense than basalt. In terms of minerals, granite has even more feldspar, less amphibole than basalt and almost no pyroxene or olivine, plus it has abundant quartz. In geologist's shorthand, continental crust is felsic.

Continental crust makes up less than 0.4 percent of the Earth, but it represents the end product of a double refining process, first at midocean ridges and second at subduction zones. The total amount of continental crust is slowly growing.

The incompatible elements that end up in the continents are important because they include the major radioactive elements uranium, thorium and potassium. They create heat, which makes the continents act like electric blankets on top of the mantle. The heat also softens thick places in the crust, like the Tibetan Plateau, and makes them spread sideways.

Continental crust is too buoyant to return to the mantle. When continents collide, the crust can thicken to almost 100 km, but that is temporary. The limestones and other sedimentary rocks that form on the continents are likewise lighter than basalt. Even the sand and clay that is washed off into the sea returns to the continents on the conveyor belt of the oceanic crust. Continents are truly permanent, self-sustaining features of the Earth's surface.
About the Crust of the Earth

let me guess you got that bull shit from a creation science site.
oh yeah. I know you will not read the article which btw is not opinion but hard fact.
so read this " The limestones and other sedimentary rocks that form on the continents are likewise lighter than basalt. Even the sand and clay that is washed off into the sea returns to the continents on the conveyor belt of the oceanic crust."
slap dick.

You get more incoherent with each posting. Many of the sandstone deposits were formed by wind action -- no water involved. They are recognizable to geologists and can be seen forming today in many places. Animals in the distant past were often covered by the sand (wind action, no water involved) and fossilized right in the sand!!

The Grand Canyon itself is about 6 million years old, The sandstone there has nothing to do with the Colorado River!! It was formed hundreds of millions of years ago!!

By the way, have you ever heard of radioactive dating? Or do you imagine that Jehovah waved his Magic Fingers here, there, and everywhere all over the globe to make uranium decay at various different rates in order to fool the geologists?

wrong! he's full on nut job.:clap2:

Ok.. so. I'm totally willing, able and ready to acknowledge that gods exists. But the question remains - what is their nature? What are they like?

How did so many marine fossils find their way to the Grand Canyon ?
Fossils

With marine environments creating many of the sedimentary rock layers in the canyon over the past 525 million years, marine fossils are quite common. Species changed over time, but similar fossils can be found in most of the marine-based rocks at Grand Canyon.

Stromatolites
The oldest fossils at Grand Canyon are 1,200 million to 740 million years old. Stromatolites are the limestone structures formed by photosynthesizing bacteria called cyanobacteria. They created layers of alternating slimy bacteria and sediment in very shallow water, dominating shallow seas until predators, such as trilobites, came into the picture. Today stromatolites only live in a few shallow ocean areas with high salinity. The salinity deters predation and allows the stromatolites to survive.
Fossils - Grand Canyon National Park

Fossils

With marine environments creating many of the sedimentary rock layers in the canyon over the past 525 million years, marine fossils are quite common. Species changed over time, but similar fossils can be found in most of the marine-based rocks at Grand Canyon.

Stromatolites
The oldest fossils at Grand Canyon are 1,200 million to 740 million years old. Stromatolites are the limestone structures formed by photosynthesizing bacteria called cyanobacteria. They created layers of alternating slimy bacteria and sediment in very shallow water, dominating shallow seas until predators, such as trilobites, came into the picture. Today stromatolites only live in a few shallow ocean areas with high salinity. The salinity deters predation and allows the stromatolites to survive.

Stromatolites have been around for 3.5 billion years. The entire face of the earth has altered during that period. There are sea fossils on mountain tops but that is not evidence of the "great flood" but instead plate tectonics. It is quite pointless trying to explain the formation of the planet and the evolution of life upon it to those who will take one tiny thing out of context and use it as a club to beat up on science.

Fossils

Stromatolites

Stromatolites have been around for 3.5 billion years. The entire face of the earth has altered during that period. There are sea fossils on mountain tops but that is not evidence of the "great flood" but instead plate tectonics. It is quite pointless trying to explain the formation of the planet and the evolution of life upon it to those who will take one tiny thing out of context and use it as a club to beat up on science.
true< but it is amusing to watch "those" fail and flail.

The earth's crust is made up of sedimentary rock. The sedimentary rock was distributed by rapid erosion and deposition by water let's not forget transportation. There is no evidence of global uniformity of strata over large spans of time.

The earth's crust was formed in just a few thousand years?

However long it took God to create it and what the global flood caused. yes approximately 5,000 years of erosion.

false
We know that the Earth's crust is made of two grand categories of rocks: basaltic and granitic. Basaltic rocks underlie the seafloors and granitic rocks make up the continents. The seismic velocities of these rock types in the lab match the velocities in the crust down to the Moho, so we're pretty sure that the Moho marks a real change in rock chemistry. The Moho isn't a perfect boundary, because some crustal rocks and mantle rocks can masquerade as the other, but even so everyone who talks about the crust, whether in seismological or petrological terms, fortunately means the same thing.

In general, then, the crust has two types, oceanic crust and continental crust.

Oceanic Crust

Oceanic crust covers about 60 percent of the Earth's surface. Oceanic crust is thin and young—no more than about 20 km thick and never older than about 180 million years. Everything older has been pulled underneath the continents by subduction. Oceanic crust is born at the midocean ridges, where pressure upon the underlying mantle is released and the peridotite there begins to melt in response. The part that melts becomes basaltic lava, which rises and erupts while the remaining peridotite becomes depleted.

The midocean ridges migrate over the Earth like Roombas, extracting the basaltic component from the mantle as they go. What that means has to do with rock chemistry. Basaltic rocks contain more silicon and aluminum than the peridotite left behind, which has more iron and magnesium. Basaltic rocks are less dense. In terms of minerals, basalt has more feldspar and amphibole, less olivine and pyroxene, than peridotite. In geologist's shorthand, oceanic crust is mafic while oceanic mantle is ultramafic.

Oceanic crust, being so thin, is a very small fraction of the Earth—about 0.1 percent—but its life cycle serves to refine the rocks of the upper mantle into new rocks with a lighter blend of elements. It also extracts the so-called incompatible elements, which don't fit into mantle minerals and move into the liquid melt. These in turn move into the continental crust as plate tectonics proceeds.

Continental Crust

Continental crust is thick and old—on average about 50 km thick and about 2 billion years old—and it covers about 40 percent of the planet. Whereas almost all of the oceanic crust is underwater, most of the continental crust is exposed to the air.

The continents slowly grow over geologic time as oceanic crust and seafloor sediments are pulled beneath them by subduction. The descending basalts have the water and incompatible elements squeezed out of them, and this material rises to trigger more melting in the so-called subduction factory.

The continental crust is made of granitic rocks, which have even more silicon and aluminum than the basaltic oceanic crust; they also have more oxygen thanks to the atmosphere. Granitic rocks are even less dense than basalt. In terms of minerals, granite has even more feldspar, less amphibole than basalt and almost no pyroxene or olivine, plus it has abundant quartz. In geologist's shorthand, continental crust is felsic.

Continental crust makes up less than 0.4 percent of the Earth, but it represents the end product of a double refining process, first at midocean ridges and second at subduction zones. The total amount of continental crust is slowly growing.

The incompatible elements that end up in the continents are important because they include the major radioactive elements uranium, thorium and potassium. They create heat, which makes the continents act like electric blankets on top of the mantle. The heat also softens thick places in the crust, like the Tibetan Plateau, and makes them spread sideways.

Continental crust is too buoyant to return to the mantle. When continents collide, the crust can thicken to almost 100 km, but that is temporary. The limestones and other sedimentary rocks that form on the continents are likewise lighter than basalt. Even the sand and clay that is washed off into the sea returns to the continents on the conveyor belt of the oceanic crust. Continents are truly permanent, self-sustaining features of the Earth's surface.
About the Crust of the Earth

let me guess you got that bull shit from a creation science site.
oh yeah. I know you will not read the article which btw is not opinion but hard fact.
so read this " The limestones and other sedimentary rocks that form on the continents are likewise lighter than basalt. Even the sand and clay that is washed off into the sea returns to the continents on the conveyor belt of the oceanic crust."
slap dick.

Slap Dick is that all you've got.

The continental crust is the layer of igneous, sedimentary,

Look your favorite source.

Continental crust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What do you think will move around during a global flood ?

Fossils

Stromatolites

This kinda contradicts what you were trying to say in a previous post but I am well aware of the Grand Canyon site.

Fossils

Stromatolites

Like I am not aware of plate tectonics lol. That still does not explain marine fossils on mountain tops.

Fossils

Stromatolites

Like I am not aware of plate tectonics lol. That still does not explain marine fossils on mountain tops.

Like you are aware of plate tectonics, lol.

Regarding plate tectonics, do a search with terms such as "uplift" and "subsidence". Fossil sea shells on mountain peaks are not uncommon when those peaks were much lower in the distant past.

Did you ever get through 7th grade earth science?

The earth's crust was formed in just a few thousand years?

However long it took God to create it and what the global flood caused. yes approximately 5,000 years of erosion.

Which is why people point and laugh at you.

As bogus as I expected. The first item was about crop circles.

Were you under the impression that any such silliness lends support for your gawds?

No but bright minds of science were provoked to say they came from space aliens so they created a theory on that evidence.see how a vivid imagination works.

Who was "provoked".

No one was "provoked", right?

Did it occur to you that there might be something phony about an article entitled "25 Greatest Scientific Hoaxes In History", when the very first article was about crop circles?

It never occurred to you that crop circles have nothing to do with science experimentation and that they were long ago identified as pranks?

Like you are aware of plate tectonics, lol.

Regarding plate tectonics, do a search with terms such as "uplift" and "subsidence". Fossil sea shells on mountain peaks are not uncommon when those peaks were much lower in the distant past.

Did you ever get through 7th grade earth science?

Being a believer I would expect to find marine fossils on mountains so it fit's my theory. Fossils of sea creatures are found well above sea level on every continent. Heck the Himalayas at 0ver 29,000 feet they are found.

God spoke about plate tectonics here Psa 104:8 (The mountains rose, the valleys sank down) Unto the place which thou hadst founded for them.

So there were two reasons that plate tectonics took place there was water added from the rain and the great fountains of the deep were broken open adding molten rock could cause the ocean floor to rise.

Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

This is what caused the flood and plate tectonics. The marine fossils were swept over the mountains that is why they are found on mountain tops.

No but bright minds of science were provoked to say they came from space aliens so they created a theory on that evidence.see how a vivid imagination works.

Who was "provoked".

No one was "provoked", right?

Did it occur to you that there might be something phony about an article entitled "25 Greatest Scientific Hoaxes In History", when the very first article was about crop circles?

It never occurred to you that crop circles have nothing to do with science experimentation and that they were long ago identified as pranks?

Why is there a theory about aliens coming to earth and this is consider evidence for the theory ? You have yet to address the rest of the hoaxes.

Forum List

Back