Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

And the pats should have lost to the Ravens.

Perhaps. I don't comprehend how the Ravens managed to do as well as they did, considering the nightmare they've dealt with this season in the secondary. They were half a step away from signing kids off of high school squads.

I don't really understand it either other then the Pats do suck and their scheldule did them good. Pittsburgh lit up the Colts and the Ravens for 6 touchdowns each, so yeah their secondary was suspect. How things might have been different if Bell had not had his knee taken out by a defensive back.

Here is the statement from the NFL. They confirm that they verified the pressure prior to the game and at half time and the pressure changed. Then then put in properly inflated balls and checked them after the game and they were still good. Which means, to me, someone definitely adjusted the balls and it was not just temperature.

Pats fans, don't worry nothing is going to come from this they have circled the wagons. I am just not sure why they didn't tell Brady to STFU about it, he isn't helping his case.

NFL issues statement on Deflategate investigation ProFootballTalk

So the rule was broken, by one team, the question now is, what do they do?

Perhaps. I don't comprehend how the Ravens managed to do as well as they did, considering the nightmare they've dealt with this season in the secondary. They were half a step away from signing kids off of high school squads.

I don't really understand it either other then the Pats do suck and their scheldule did them good. Pittsburgh lit up the Colts and the Ravens for 6 touchdowns each, so yeah their secondary was suspect. How things might have been different if Bell had not had his knee taken out by a defensive back.

Face facts, baby, your team lost. :D The Patriots beat them fair and square. You can see by watching the game highlights. And explain those interceptions. You cannot. Your stupid deflated balls theory does not add up.

Watch all the Patriots highlights from the win over the Ravens

Face facts, baby, your team lost. :D The Patriots beat them fair and square. You can see by watching the game highlights. And explain those interceptions. You cannot. Your stupid deflated balls theory does not add up.

the Colts are not my team. And I gotja, win at all cost.

Here is the statement from the NFL. They confirm that they verified the pressure prior to the game and at half time and the pressure changed. Then then put in properly inflated balls and checked them after the game and they were still good. Which means, to me, someone definitely adjusted the balls and it was not just temperature.

Pats fans, don't worry nothing is going to come from this they have circled the wagons. I am just not sure why they didn't tell Brady to STFU about it, he isn't helping his case.

No..The NEXT question is how long this has been going on.

Then we ask what to do.

Ban Belichick for life.

That ain't gonna happen. Maybe for a game?

It depends on how much Goodell is feeling the heat. I agreed with Aikman when he said the punishment has to be more harsh than the whole bountygate deal. We're talking about multiple acts of cheating over the years. As Goodell said of Sean Payton, ignorance is no excuse. But more importantly, there seems to be a cheating culture within the Patriots, and that is absolutely something a head coach should be held accountable for.

Ultimately, I think Goodell is going to be wary of coming down too soft. He's already had to deal with one scandal this season because he didn't come down hard enough on someone. It might be hard for him to err on the side of sympathy this time around.

I was referring to the Ravens.

Thankfully, what it means to YOU does not matter one bit. :D

According to Yesterday s and last weeks weather in Boston Massachusetts U.S.A. the temperature at game time was 46 degrees. Re-running the calculation gives a game time ball inflation pressure of 11.8 lbs. Still out of specs.

The point is, that having a +/- .5 psi NFL specified pressure range, where typical environmental conditions can easily exceed that range by five times the rule, is stupid.

Of course, no one in the NFL ever took Physics 101 in college either. Jocks usually major in some weird liberal arts subject. So the omission is understandable.

Oh, so those laws of physics only apply to the Pats balls, all of which were deflated. NOT ONE of the Colts balls were. That was 12 total. That is what is being reported.

Perhaps the laws of physics ceased to exist on the Colts balls. Perhaps the Colts had magic balls.

Well, that would have to be the explanation.

The laws of physics apply equally to everyone.

Infer as you wish from there.

I fail to understand what makes you assume a given starting temperature. Why do you assume that the balls weren't inflated and checked outdoors, or in an area so ventilated as to be of comparable temperature to the outdoor temperature?

The starting temperature has to be something. Maybe you will share your best guess with us.

(I am assuming nothing.)

You are assuming. You're assuming an initial temperature of around 23* Celsius, and a final temperature of 0* Celsius.

No. I am calculating the pressure drop from 298 degrees Kelvin to 273 degrees Kelvin for an ideal gas.

I may also be implying something about the cognitive awareness of the Commissioner of the National Football League, but that is a seperate issue.

No. I am calculating the pressure drop from 298 degrees Kelvin to 273 degrees Kelvin for an ideal gas.

skype-emoticon0114-dull.gif
Same thing.

neither are the Ravens.

neither are the Ravens.

Well, you sure seem awfully pouty about them losing.

No..The NEXT question is how long this has been going on.

Then we ask what to do.

And who else does it.

Very interesting article

"For whatever reason, the Patriots do have exceptional ball security, especially for an outdoors team. And I mean exceptional..NE's ball security was an outlier to the tune of several standard deviations. The charts are convincing, and the implication is that NE benefitted from under-inflated balls is unmistakable. "

chartoutdooroffplaysperfum_zpsb3e203bc.png

nefumratesbyyr_zps6739163e.png

The Patriots Have Incredible Ball Security - Advanced Football Analytics

Very interesting article

"For whatever reason, the Patriots do have exceptional ball security, especially for an outdoors team. And I mean exceptional..NE's ball security was an outlier to the tune of several standard deviations. The charts are convincing, and the implication is that NE benefitted from under-inflated balls is unmistakable. "

chartoutdooroffplaysperfum_zpsb3e203bc.png

nefumratesbyyr_zps6739163e.png

The Patriots Have Incredible Ball Security - Advanced Football Analytics

I wonder if the spike in 2013 is when they first got rid of Blont.

neither are the Ravens.

Well, you sure seem awfully pouty about them losing.

I am not pouty about them losing, if I were pouty and not just discussing cheating, it would be over the Pats continuing bending and breaking of the rules.

the hilarious thing is that considering their performance in the second half obviously they didn't need to cheat. Maybe it was just like a baby pacifier and now that they don't need to cheat and they won't but they sure are taking a beating over it.

Or, is this just some sort of BS publicity stunt?

Forum List

Back