Dem Congressman Calls For Draft, War Tax In I S I S Battle

Charlie Rangel introduces this bill every Congress.

It's not going to pass.

WASHINGTON -- Tough talk is cheap, and so are votes to go to war if lawmakers and most of their constituents don't suffer any consequences, said Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) in an interview with The Huffington Post last week.

Rangel called for a military draft and a war tax in order to make the majority of Americans -- and the lawmakers who represent them -- "feel" the consequences of the ongoing military campaign against Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria.

His comments came shortly before Congress voted to approve $500 million to train and arm Syrian rebels, permitting an escalation of President Barack Obama's military campaign against the Islamic State, which is also known as ISIL and ISIS.

More: Charlie Rangel Pushes For Draft, War Tax To Battle ISIS

Damn right! I fully support reinstating the military draft and a war tax. We need to pay off some of Bush's wars that he created - while CUTTING taxes. To my knowledge, cutting taxes during wartime had never previously been done. So, I fully support the draft and a war tax.
Con man Charlie telling people there needs to be a draft and that we have to put the screws to poor people with a tax?

:lmao:

I would support the idea, maybe, if he didn't belong in jail.

WASHINGTON -- Tough talk is cheap, and so are votes to go to war if lawmakers and most of their constituents don't suffer any consequences, said Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) in an interview with The Huffington Post last week.

Rangel called for a military draft and a war tax in order to make the majority of Americans -- and the lawmakers who represent them -- "feel" the consequences of the ongoing military campaign against Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria.

His comments came shortly before Congress voted to approve $500 million to train and arm Syrian rebels, permitting an escalation of President Barack Obama's military campaign against the Islamic State, which is also known as ISIL and ISIS.

Damn right! I fully support reinstating the military draft and a war tax. We need to pay off some of Bush's wars that he created - while CUTTING taxes. To my knowledge, cutting taxes during wartime had never previously been done. So, I fully support the draft and a war tax.
Con man Charlie telling people there needs to be a draft and that we have to put the screws to poor people with a tax?

What does he "belong in jail" for?

Charlie Rangel Tax Cheat The Black Sphere TheBlackSphere.net
Charlie Rangel D-N.Y. crimes - Google Search

Hey dumb dumb, check out the tax rates from 1963 and the ones from 1964. I believe we were at war then??

Your "evidence" is a Google search for "Crimes"?

:lol:

Charlie Rangel owed a couple thousands of dollars in back taxes. He paid them. No one goes to jail for that.

Charlie Rangel owed a couple thousands of dollars in back taxes. He paid them. No one goes to jail for that.

Wesley Snipes and Al Capone would beg to differ.

Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion because it's all they could make stick - and Wesley Snipes went to jail because he defrauded the government of 30 million dollars or so.

No one goes to jail for owing $10,000 in back taxes.

Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion because it's all they could make stick - and Wesley Snipes went to jail because he defrauded the government of 30 million dollars or so.

Snipes went to jail for failure to file income tax returns. He was found innocent of all other charges.

Snipes went to jail for failure to file income tax returns. He was found innocent of all other charges.

Nevertheless, his jail term was due to the scale of the money that he owed - more than 200 times what Rangel owed.

There have been years that I neglected to file income tax returns - I paid the back taxes and some fines, and went on with my life. It's not something that people normally go to jail for.

Nevertheless, his jail term was due to the scale of the money that he owed - more than 200 times what Rangel owed.

There have been years that I neglected to file income tax returns - I paid the back taxes and some fines, and went on with my life. It's not something that people normally go to jail for.

Nonetheless if jail sentence was for crimes he was actually convicted of.

The guy who was found guilty of 11 counts of ethical violations including tax evasion calling for a war tax I really don't think I need to point out either the irony or hypocrisy here.

That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not paying for wars is a good idea.

What will you do with the dumb ones?

The Army has been giving waivers to criminals and borderline retards for years.
Dumbshit THe draft ended over 30 years ago. There are no waivers. Criminals and mentally deficient have been ineligible to serve. That should give you some sense of relief if they ever reinstate the draft.

Charlie has been calling for a draft since Bush was in office. It's a stunt. No one wants to see a new draft, least of all the Pentagon.

So like a woman. You remind me of this Margaret Sanger (Founder of Planned Parenthood and advocate for black eugenics) interview:

Riding in on the train yesterday from my home in Fishkill ↑up the Hudson↓ I happened to sit next to a young girl whose war marriage could easily be one of those doomed to a tragic finish. She held her sturdy little year old son on her lap and soon after I admired him and offered to hold him, she told me the whole story. Although she was extremely young, her's had not been one of those spur of the moment affairs. She and her husband had planned to be married as far back as their high school days and they had had six months together before he was shipped overseas. That's a better start than many of them get. They hadn't wanted to have a baby until he came back, but the baby had come along ↑just the same↓ and now the wife.. who was realy just a girl.. was feeling trapped and rebellious. She loved her baby ↑of course↓ , and well she might, because he was a beautiful child, but she was beginning to feel very bitter toward her husband because she said that she could tell from his letters that he was actually enjoying the ↑excitement of↓ war! Already he had been to Iceland, England, Africa, and Italy! Oh, she was willing to admit there were plenty of hardships connected with it... but what had she been doing all this long while? Just staying home day after day minding the baby! "When he gets home," she told me, "he can just sit with the baby for a while and she what it's like. I'm going out and have some fun!"

Just stick you your own knitting old woman. Don't live vicariously through sending our boys off to war. That's not a good way for you to experience :"fun."

Why would you need a draft for a no boots on the ground "war"

There may eventually be boots on the ground. The military is full of dregs. We need the draft to get above Forrest Gump level. Let people like the Romneys do their part.
For the hundreth time there are already boots on the ground. And we know you have never served. If any of you Leftytoons want to be taken seriously stop using the buzzwords you find in your email box each morning.

Forum List

Back