🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dem Lawmakers Want to Ban Gas-Powered Vehicles in U.S. by 2035

Do you have any idea how big a solar array would have to be in order to create the energy needed to do that? Of course you don't! You just read it somewhere and never questioned a dubious claim.

Yes I do. I've seen a 5,000 square foot aqua business with circulators, pumps, lighting and heating fueled by hydrogen gotten via electrolysis from a solar panel array that measured about 30x15 feet. Hydrogen harvested is stored on site for use as needed to run a generator. The tank looked to be about 2,000 gallons. I imagine for hydrogen service stations you'd need a couple of acres of panels and much larger tanks. Which is not impossible. Most service stations seem to occupy about 1/4-1/2 acre anyway. And where they derive the hydrogen is water, slightly saline if memory serves. In drier climates near the ocean linear solar thermal arrays can distill a less saline water like they're doing in CA already: Next Step for Solar Desalination in California

I guess just let old California take the lead on hydrogen cars and the rest of the nation can catch up.

2000 gallons? Ye gods...a busy gas station can pump that much fuel in a couple hours. A busy truck stop can pump 60-80,000 gallons of fuel in ONE DAY! That is diesel fuel, which has four times the energy per gallon of hydrogen. So, your 2000 gallon tank would fuel TWO semi tractors! (Which would get, approximately, one and a half to two miles per gallon, which begs the question of where to put storage tanks for 800-1000 gallons of explosive gas under high pressure.)

How bout this pollution lowering climate saving mandate, everyone must live closer to their job.....the further away you live the more you are taxed to save gaia

That would, of course, hit a lot of workers in the construction-related trades very hard. As an electrician, I'm not going to move my home every time I finish one project and begin another. My current project is a 65-mile drive from home for me; I have to drive about 130 miles each day to get to and from work. I've just recently learned that my next project is going to be much closer. But who knows yet, where the next project after that will be?

That's a suggestion that plays right into the contempt that left wrong-wing filth seem to have for working-class Americans. If I were to quit my job, and find a way to live on government-based welfare instead, then I wouldn't have to drive so much to get to work.

Naah, you are looking at it wrong: you work from home! Driving to a site is not a commute, it is part of your job!

Do you have any idea how big a solar array would have to be in order to create the energy needed to do that? Of course you don't! You just read it somewhere and never questioned a dubious claim.

Yes I do. I've seen a 5,000 square foot aqua business with circulators, pumps, lighting and heating fueled by hydrogen gotten via electrolysis from a solar panel array that measured about 30x15 feet. Hydrogen harvested is stored on site for use as needed to run a generator. The tank looked to be about 2,000 gallons. I imagine for hydrogen service stations you'd need a couple of acres of panels and much larger tanks. Which is not impossible. Most service stations seem to occupy about 1/4-1/2 acre anyway. And where they derive the hydrogen is water, slightly saline if memory serves. In drier climates near the ocean linear solar thermal arrays can distill a less saline water like they're doing in CA already: Next Step for Solar Desalination in California

I guess just let old California take the lead on hydrogen cars and the rest of the nation can catch up.

Tell us how well that system will work in the persistent fog around San Francisco.

Or in Minnesota, buried under 6 feet of snow all winter.

Or in Seattle where the sun shines only about 2 months out of every year.
Silly does not care. Her usual response to reality whacking her pixie-dust-and-unicorn-flatulence Utopian ideas upside the head is generally to regurgitate them again and again. When shown facts that prove her to be completely wrong, she-invariably-doubles down and filibusters.

2000 gallons? Ye gods...a busy gas station can pump that much fuel in a couple hours. A busy truck stop can pump 60-80,000 gallons of fuel in ONE DAY! That is diesel fuel, which has four times the energy per gallon of hydrogen. So, your 2000 gallon tank would fuel TWO semi tractors! (Which would get, approximately, one and a half to two miles per gallon, which begs the question of where to put storage tanks for 800-1000 gallons of explosive gas under high pressure.)

Did you have trouble with reading comprehension in gradeschool also?

THEY’RE NORMAL PEOPLE, FILLED WITH CONCERN FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS: And other fables.

Maybe by then the American people will have Banned Dem Lawmakers?

Leftist controlled California doesn't even have enough electricity to keep the lights on now. And zero plans to resolve the issue.

By "Dem Lawmakers", you mean ONE federal representative and ONE state rep, neither of whom anyone has ever heard of.

I bet the bill is already spiked.

How much energy difference is there in running pumps to circulate water and a compressor used for compressing hydrogen?

You are completely clueless as to the difference.

How much energy difference is there in running pumps to circulate water and a compressor used for compressing hydrogen?

We'll see when the new hydrogen filling stations run off their solar arrays to fill their much larger tanks to supply Toyota's fuel.

We'll see when the new hydrogen filling stations run off their solar arrays to fill their much larger tanks to supply Toyota's fuel.

If they are building them in AZ or NM, that might work.

640_Damaged_solar_panels_Puerto_Rico_2017_09_26_23_27_46.jpg

Why did you fail to address areas and conditions where solar power simply does not work? This is Puerto Rico!

THEY’RE NORMAL PEOPLE, FILLED WITH CONCERN FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS: And other fables.

Maybe by then the American people will have Banned Dem Lawmakers?

Leftist controlled California doesn't even have enough electricity to keep the lights on now. And zero plans to resolve the issue.

Link to comment about CA power?

Calif. Officials Impose Rolling Blackouts

Rolling blackouts hit Southern California

Weatherman, educating the left since 1978.

Last edited:

No, Silly, I understood ...which upsets you.

Forum List

Back