Dem Rep. John Lewis Says He’s “terrified” Racist Tea Party Will Tear Obama Down…

John Lewis understands racism better than most Americans

He has been fighting it his whole life

He is a true American Patriot

Ya wanna bet that in a couple of days these racist scum will be posting whines about how those darn ole lib-rules accuse them of being racist.

Fact is, the tee potties are KKK lite. They don't wear their bed sheets but they're still anti-America Pootarian slime.

Wrong, dems were the KKK in the sixties as they were slave owners in the civil war. You're revision history doesn't fly with those of us who know history.
Quite true. The Democrats opposed equal rights for blacks until they realized how many votes they could get by showering them with welfare benefits. LBJ's infamous quote is evidence of such.

Let us see, what exactly does he have to be proud about when someone else gets elected? Oh right he is proud of his racism.

Let us see, the democrats have dominated the government going on 8 years now with arguably a super majority for one year and we see the results.

Notice he doesn't campaign on the accomplishment of Obama but on fear generated over old ladies with tea bags in their hats. Quite amusing, thanks for sharing the morning is a good time for a laugh.
What does John Lewis have to be proud of in the election of the first black president?

John Lewis fought for civil rights and was willing to give up his life for freedom and liberty. The election of a black man as President showed that his struggles for Civil Rights was not in vain

John Lewis is a great American
..and the election of half-black Obama ib expectation of making things better was in vain. The racial divide grows wider under the influencinof Obama and Holder....two peas in a pod.

You are correct...the racial divide has grown wider under Obama

An entire political party refused to do business with him. Their stated reason was they wanted him to fail. Was it because he was black or because he is a Democrat?

I suspect a little of both
But Reid didn't have anything to do with nothing getting done? Lol, your an idiot.

Unless Lewis slept through civics 101 he should know that Obama isn't running again. Doesn't Lewis realize that he is talking about the good people of the Tea Party the same way the KKK talked about Blacks back in the 60's?

Let us see, what exactly does he have to be proud about when someone else gets elected? Oh right he is proud of his racism.

Let us see, the democrats have dominated the government going on 8 years now with arguably a super majority for one year and we see the results.

Notice he doesn't campaign on the accomplishment of Obama but on fear generated over old ladies with tea bags in their hats. Quite amusing, thanks for sharing the morning is a good time for a laugh.
What does John Lewis have to be proud of in the election of the first black president?

John Lewis fought for civil rights and was willing to give up his life for freedom and liberty. The election of a black man as President showed that his struggles for Civil Rights was not in vain

..and the election of half-black Obama ib expectation of making things better was in vain. The racial divide grows wider under the influencinof Obama and Holder....two peas in a pod.

An entire political party refused to do business with him. Their stated reason was they wanted him to fail. Was it because he was black or because he is a Democrat?

But Reid didn't have anything to do with nothing getting done? Lol, your an idiot.

There has been no Republican legislation that has had the 60 votes needed to get to the floor. If Republicans were willing to give up their filibuster, they could have had all their bills voted on

There has been no Republican legislation that has had the 60 votes needed to get to the floor. If Republicans were willing to give up their filibuster, they could have had all their bills voted on
Reid is sitting on over three hundred (over 300) bills that have been sent over to the Senate from the House. He won't even bring them to a vote. If you don't call that obstructionist, you're more goofy than I have thought. I'm guessing he's afraid it will reveal too much of how the Democrat Senators do not actually support their constituency.

Liberals are sleazy people. Most Democrats are liberals.

That situation will change in a few months. Then you and the rest of the Obama ass sniffing team can find a new lie to pimp....

Reid is sitting on over three hundred (over 300) bills that have been sent over to the Senate from the House. He won't even bring them to a vote. If you don't call that obstructionist, you're more goofy than I have thought. I'm guessing he's afraid it will reveal too much of how the Democrat Senators do not actually support their constituency.

Guess what Republicans? You reap what you sow

By requiring that Democratic bills in the Senate have 60 votes before coming to a vote, you will be subjected to the same criteria

Now, tell me how many of those "300 bills" have the required 60 votes for cloture?

That situation will change in a few months. Then you and the rest of the Obama ass sniffing team can find a new lie to pimp....

What will change? There is no way Republicans will win 60 seats

That would be your worst nightmare, because if republicans take over. We can fix what Obama screwed up.

They don't need 60 seats. Harry Reid changed the rules. McConnell will do the same. A simple majority will do.

Unless Lewis slept through civics 101 he should know that Obama isn't running again. Doesn't Lewis realize that he is talking about the good people of the Tea Party the same way the KKK talked about Blacks back in the 60's?

In that regard, Lewis is hypocritical also.

By requiring that Democratic bills in the Senate have 60 votes before coming to a vote, you will be subjected to the same criteria

Now, tell me how many of those "300 bills" have the required 60 votes for cloture?
Let them vote and find out you friggin idiot.

That would be your worst nightmare, because if republicans take over. We can fix what Obama screwed up.

More of a rightwing fantasy than nightmare

OK....I'll play
What do you think Republicans could do if they had 60 Senate votres? You need 67 to override a veto

Don't need to idiot.

I agree totally

Lets let ALL Senate bills come to the floor for a vote. Are you in favor?

They don't need 60 seats. Harry Reid changed the rules. McConnell will do the same. A simple majority will do.

I really hope that the Republicans end filibuster if they win the Senate. It would be good for the country

I really hope that the Republicans end filibuster if they win the Senate. It would be good for the country

Actually the plan is much better. Emulate Reid and change the rules to get what Republicans want. Then when the political winds shift- permanently change the rules back - so they can never be changed again without a 75% majority.

Rep. Lewis right. Anyone who thinks the tee party would not do all they can to harm Americans hasn't been paying attention. They have sold their souls to the Kochs and Adelson and happily vote against their own best interests and the best interests of their own country.

As bad are Democrats who stay home, sit on their butts and let these morons wreck our country.

Note to OP - You have repeatedly said you support Pootin and Russia over your own country. You are trash show should be swept out of the US. :anj_stfu:

And the moon is made of green cheese.

I agree totally

Lets let ALL Senate bills come to the floor for a vote. Are you in favor?
Lets let ALL House bills come to a vote in the senate, yes.

Once again Jake you add to the humor, thanks. I reviewed his web site and see nothing of note and surprisingly little about black issues. Was one post on LGBT "rights."

But let's see what he wrote about Holder stepping down because finally his corruption and incompetence has caught up with him. There really is only one issue that seems important to Lewis, race. Funny how when race is the primary issue to a white person they are racists, but when it is to a black person it is honorable.

Rep. John Lewis on Resignation of Attorney General Eric Holder The Website of Congressman John Lewis Serving the 5th Congressional District of Georgia

Eyewitness

In 1965, at the height of the modern civil rights movement, activists organized a march for voting rights, from Selma, Alabama, to Montgomery, the state capital. On March 7, some 600 people assembled at a downtown church, knelt briefly in prayer, and began walking silently, two-by-two through the city streets.
With Hosea Williams of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) leading the demonstration, and John Lewis, Chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), at his side, the marchers were stopped as they were leaving Selma, at the end of the Edmund Pettus Bridge, by some 150 Alabama state troopers, sheriff ’s deputies, and possemen, who ordered the demonstrators to disperse.
One minute and five seconds after a two-minute warning was announced, the troops advanced, wielding clubs, bullwhips, and tear gas. John Lewis, who suffered a skull fracture, was one of fifty-eight people treated for injuries at the local hospital. The day is remembered in history as “Bloody Sunday.”

And in 2010, the damn KKK tee pottie called him the N word on the capital steps.

So you coul;d say the same about how many Dems that have said the same thing,but your type ignores only what they like. LBJ is a perfect example, So using your twisted logic,all Dems are racist bigots also.

Willful ignorance isn pretty,but wide spread.

Forum List

Back