DEMOCRAT Jim Webb: 'I'm mad as he** and I'm not going to take it any more!'

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
Finally, a man with strength, determination and grit coming from the DEMOCRAT party! Finally, a man who says no more dirty business as usual!

Jim Webb, a Democrat presidential candidate who has been swept aside by his authoritarian party has called Hillary Clinton's leadership "inept." And now it appears that he will not walk away into that good night. He is considering appealing to fair minded independents, Republicans and Democrats and running for president as an independent. For that, I applaud you, Mr Webb!

Finally, a man with strength, determination and grit coming from the DEMOCRAT party! Finally, a man who says no more dirty business as usual!

Jim Webb, a Democrat presidential candidate who has been swept aside by his authoritarian party has called Hillary Clinton's leadership "inept." And now it appears that he will not walk away into that good night. He is considering appealing to fair minded independents, Republicans and Democrats and running for president as an independent. For that, I applaud you, Mr Webb!
I love Jim Webb. IMO he is the best candidate the Democrats have to offer. He's a hero and he's spent his life serving his country honorably. I wish he could have built some momentum behind his campaign.

But I hope he doesn't run as an Independent. The next President will decide our level of involvement in the middle east disaster zone, and assign 1 or 2 Supreme Court Justices. A socially conservative religious zealot cannot be trusted with those decisions. And Webb running as an independent will make that more likely to happen.

yawn.gif

Don't fall victim to Democratic Party tricks. If he ran as a third party candidate, he would only attract conservative Democrat voters, the same ones Trump would attract.

Please run, Jim!!

Jim Webb

And he hasn't turned his attention to Trump yet. That will be interesting, no doubt.

Don't fall victim to Democratic Party tricks. If he ran as a third party candidate, he would only attract conservative Democrat voters, the same ones Trump would attract.

I could see him drawing from both camps, tbh.

Interesting. Gonna have to wait and see what happens in the next year with this guy and how he does. IF he does.

I don't think Webb is mad as hell, he's just a serious man, he sees these are serious times, and he also sees that our politics have been taken over by crazy people.

It sure would be nice to see such an individual in the race for a change.

Last edited:
Yo Mac........in what ways is Webb more serious than Clinton or Sanders?

What unique policy positions of his are you in favor of? Do you think that Obama or Clinton are "crazy people"?

Earmuffs.

I don't think Webb is mad as hell, he's just a serious man, he sees these are serious times, and he also sees that our politics have been taken over by crazy people.

Such an individual? You mean another career politician/bureaucrat looking to take a step up the ladder? Don't look now but we've already got plenty of those in the "race" and they're the people that created the mess that they all say they now want to "fix". Good business if you can get it, help create a big mess and then fool the citizenry into believing that you're the one to fix it.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein

Such an individual? You mean another career politician/bureaucrat looking to take a step up the ladder? Don't look now but we've already got plenty of those in the "race" and they're the people that created the mess that they all say they now want to "fix". Good business if you can get it, help create a big mess and then fool the citizenry into believing that you're the one to fix it.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein
Believe me, I'm all for the idea of a non politician, but the only non-politician to consider would be Trump, who is the least serious candidate out there. Ross Perot makes Donald Trump look like a dignified, seasoned statesman.

The mere fact that he's not a politician doesn't hide the fact that he doesn't appear to be terribly stable and clearly doesn't have the disposition for a position that is as powerful and nuanced as President of the United States.

Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
Mac finishes his posts with "just my opinion, of course" when he doesn't want to seem like a know-it-all and wants to be thought of as "thoughtful".

If there is anything that isn't simply opinion....it is that Donald Trump doesn't possess the disposition necessary to be POTUS. Take a fucking stand, Nancy.

Earmuffs.

Believe me, I'm all for the idea of a non politician, but the only non-politician to consider would be Trump, who is the least serious candidate out there. Ross Perot makes Donald Trump look like a dignified, seasoned statesman.

The mere fact that he's not a politician doesn't hide the fact that he doesn't appear to be terribly stable and clearly doesn't have the disposition for a position that is as powerful and nuanced as President of the United States.

You'll get no argument out of me with respect to Trump, he's a disaster waiting to happen, it's just sad that the only people that you can get to run for the Presidency are career politicians and looney toons reality TV stars, there are a lot of competent people with high integrity in this country but the system has become so warped that none of them can or will run.

Personally I think given the field of choices we'd better off electing some dead guys...... Steve Jobs/George Carlin 2016 "Make America Sane Again!" :)

I love Jim Webb. IMO he is the best candidate the Democrats have to offer. He's a hero and he's spent his life serving his country honorably. I wish he could have built some momentum behind his campaign.

But I hope he doesn't run as an Independent. The next President will decide our level of involvement in the middle east disaster zone, and assign 1 or 2 Supreme Court Justices. A socially conservative religious zealot cannot be trusted with those decisions. And Webb running as an independent will make that more likely to happen.

I doubt Webb will be enough of a factor to matter.

You'll get no argument out of me with respect to Trump, he's a disaster waiting to happen, it's just sad that the only people that you can get to run for the Presidency are career politicians and looney toons reality TV stars, there are a lot of competent people with high integrity in this country but the system has become so warped that none of them can or will run.

Personally I think given the field of choices we'd better off electing some dead guys...... Steve Jobs/George Carlin 2016 "Make America Sane Again!" :)
Yep, our REAL Best & Brightest know to stay the fuck out of politics, and go into something more honorable.

Which would be pretty much anything.

Forum List

Back