🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrat Pledge

I pledge to not oppose the Majority

• Total voters

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
Okay progressives and other assorted leftists.

Your meme is that the Senate and the White House is not required to work with the House because they won some elections.

Here is what you will pledge.

If you manage to hold onto the Senate, but the GOP takes the White House and keeps the House of Representatives, YOU, ALL OF YOU, will pledge that you will not encourage or support the Democrats in the Senate from fully supporting everything that the House passes as law, and that the President has stated that he or she would sign.

I'll ask the mods to sticky this thread until the midterm elections of 2018 if the GOP managed to gain this scenario.

Failure on the progressives part to follow their pledge should be punished by banning for an entire election cycle.

This is not an opening for the progressives to counter with offers of their own. This pledge is aimed at them, strictly for them, and pertains ONLY to them.

If you feel so strongly that the opposition can never stand against the majority, then put your oath where you words are and vote "Yes".

Poll to follow.

:clap2: brilliant

so far i've dealt with idiots like NYC who believe the house is a mere rubber stamp for the senate and WH...NYC also thinks that because boehner does not have the votes in the senate or WH, he must capitulate, however, NYC doesn't want to acknowledge that dems do not have enough votes to fund it

it make me laugh to debate people like him

Your meme is that the Senate and the White House is not required to work with the House because they won some elections.

If you manage to hold onto the Senate, but the GOP takes the White House and keeps the House of Representatives, YOU, ALL OF YOU, will pledge that you will not encourage or support the Democrats in the Senate from fully supporting everything that the House passes as law, and that the President has stated that he or she would sign.

I'll ask the mods to sticky this thread until the midterm elections of 2018 if the GOP managed to gain this scenario.

Failure on the progressives part to follow their pledge should be punished by banning for an entire election cycle.

This is not an opening for the progressives to counter with offers of their own. This pledge is aimed at them, strictly for them, and pertains ONLY to them.

If you feel so strongly that the opposition can never stand against the majority, then put your oath where you words are and vote "Yes".

Poll to follow.

The proper usage is Democratic pledge. Ty. Have a good eve.

Considering the 112th and 113th congresses were record setting for obstruction....I can't really say this is a fair deal.

Poll to follow.

It is a pledge for Democrats, by Democrats.

You are dismissed. Distraction denied.

Vote and stick to your word.

No, no, no -- the opposition party is only required to rubber-stamp the majority party's agenda when the majority party is the Democratic Party.

When it's the other way around, dissent is patriotic.

In other words, you'll take their double standards when you pry them from their cold, dead fingers.

Poll to follow.

I think you got the meme wrong. It's the House that thinks they don't have to work with the WH and Senate. Nice try, but I think the American people realize where the problem lies.

Poll to follow.

Learn grammar and I might. It's not a pledge for democrats by democrats,unless, your a democratic voter.
You graduate Jr High?

A progressive not always a democrat.

Last edited:

Poll to follow.

I think you got the meme wrong. It's the House that thinks they don't have to work with the WH and Senate. Nice try, but I think the American people realize where the problem lies.

really? how has the WH and senate worked with the house?

Learn grammar and I might. It's not a pledge for democrats by democrats,unless, your a democratic voter.
You graduate Jr High?

A progressive not always a democrat.
I've forgotten more on grammar than you'll ever know.

Deflection denied.

Poll to follow.

If you believe that, then vote and keep your word.

Poll to follow.

Vote on what, a biased poll in which you set the bar? I don't think so. I was just calling you out on your misrepresentation of the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote on what, a biased poll in which you set the bar? I don't think so. I was just calling you out on your misrepresentation of the situation.

But he claims that it's a poll for democrats by democrats, yet he is not a democrat, but he sets the rules on the pledge since he is not a democrat.

How dry I am.......

:clap2: brilliant

so far i've dealt with idiots like NYC who believe the house is a mere rubber stamp for the senate and WH...NYC also thinks that because boehner does not have the votes in the senate or WH, he must capitulate, however, NYC doesn't want to acknowledge that dems do not have enough votes to fund it

it make me laugh to debate people like him
I don't think the Treasury has enough money in it to fund it. :evil:

Can you read?

The talking point by progressives and OTHER assorted leftists is that the House of Representatives cannot remove funding of Obamacare because the Senate and the White House have won elections.

That is no misrepresentation of their side.

Since this means they believe that the minority party, regardless of the fact that they control a chamber of congress, must enact legislation that meets with the approval of the majority.

This poll is a means by which you, and other assorted progressives and leftists, will pledge an oath that if the White House is won by the GOP in 2016, and that they manage to hold onto the House of Representatives, that the Senate will then be obligated to accept legislation that is passed by the majority. Those who pledge, will not offer any opposition to the GOP agenda, and will tell their representatives in both chambers of congress that they must abide by the majority.

Will you pledge this or no?

Poll to follow.

really? how has the WH and senate worked with the house?

Obama is too busy to speak with Boehner. He's negotiating with Iran rather than the Congress.

Considering the 112th and 113th congresses were record setting for obstruction....I can't really say this is a fair deal.

Oh the tried and true obstruction excuse for the democrat failures. What in the hell did Obama want he didn't get?

This poll is a means by which you, and other assorted progressives and leftists, will pledge an oath that if the White House is won by the GOP in 2016, and that they manage to hold onto the House of Representatives, that the Senate will then be obligated to accept legislation that is passed by the majority.

Not much need for this pledge. Unlike the GOP, most Democrats aren't assholes.
Unsurprisingly, Republican lawmakers interviewed by POLITICO didn’t talk about hosting educational events or town halls to advertise the benefits as many Democrats plan to do. They won’t do anything that proactive. But they aren’t going to slam down the phone if a constituent wants to know how to get to the right website or phone number. They’ll help, just like they do when constituents ask about Social Security or Medicare.

It’s a far more muted approach than the one Democrats took in 2006, when the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit kicked in with a dizzying menu of choices that confused seniors. Many Democrats who opposed the Medicare law enacted under former President George W. Bush left their political sentiments in Washington and went back home to teach their constituents about the benefits, which include subsidies for low-income seniors.

Forum List

Back