🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrat Pledge

I pledge to not oppose the Majority

• Total voters
This poll is a means by which you, and other assorted progressives and leftists, will pledge an oath that if the White House is won by the GOP in 2016, and that they manage to hold onto the House of Representatives, that the Senate will then be obligated to accept legislation that is passed by the majority.

Not much need for this pledge. Unlike the GOP, most Democrats aren't assholes.
Unsurprisingly, Republican lawmakers interviewed by POLITICO didn’t talk about hosting educational events or town halls to advertise the benefits as many Democrats plan to do. They won’t do anything that proactive. But they aren’t going to slam down the phone if a constituent wants to know how to get to the right website or phone number. They’ll help, just like they do when constituents ask about Social Security or Medicare.

It’s a far more muted approach than the one Democrats took in 2006, when the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit kicked in with a dizzying menu of choices that confused seniors. Many Democrats who opposed the Medicare law enacted under former President George W. Bush left their political sentiments in Washington and went back home to teach their constituents about the benefits, which include subsidies for low-income seniors.
Won't put your oath behind your principles. I am not surprised.

Okay progressives and other assorted leftists.

Your meme is that the Senate and the White House is not required to work with the House because they won some elections.

Incorrect.

Consequently there’s no ‘meme.”

The Senate and WH are indeed required to work with the House, no one’s argued otherwise.

They’re required to work with the House concerning current, unresolved matters, such as funding the government and ensuring the government’s bills get paid.

The WH and Senate cannot be forced, however, to needlessly revisit current Federal law enacted three years ago and upheld as Constitutional by the Supreme Court, where the well-being of the Nation is held hostage by partisan rightwing extremists in the House.

The WH and Senate are eager to work with the House in good faith to do what’s best for the Nation and the American people; the problem is House republicans lack enough members of good faith.

Your meme is that the Senate and the White House is not required to work with the House because they won some elections.

Incorrect.

Consequently there’s no ‘meme.”

The Senate and WH are indeed required to work with the House, no one’s argued otherwise.

They’re required to work with the House concerning current, unresolved matters, such as funding the government and ensuring the government’s bills get paid.

The WH and Senate cannot be forced, however, to needlessly revisit current Federal law enacted three years ago and upheld as Constitutional by the Supreme Court, where the well-being of the Nation is held hostage by partisan rightwing extremists in the House.

The WH and Senate are eager to work with the House in good faith to do what’s best for the Nation and the American people; the problem is House republicans lack enough members of good faith.
The House has already proven you wrong on that. In addition, you continue to push a false position.

Obamacare was upheld as a tax. Not a funding issue.

You make the statement that the WH and Senate are eager to work with the House in good faith. But the condition is that the good faith is that they [The House] capitulates to demands from the Senate and the WH.

The question that exists before you in this thread is simple.

Given the same circumstances, where the GOP controls one chamber of the Congress (likely to be the House) and take control of the White House, will you agree that the Democrats in the minority will be required to capitulate to the majority and that you will pledge that you will not defend the Democrats when the GOP demands they pass legislation to their liking.

Will you pledge that and keep your word?

The Democrats pledge not to oppose the majority right after they get even for those record numbers of filibusters the GOP perpetrated in the last few years.

Here is what you will pledge.

If you manage to hold onto the Senate, but the GOP takes the White House and keeps the House of Representatives, YOU, ALL OF YOU, will pledge that you will not encourage or support the Democrats in the Senate from fully supporting everything that the House passes as law, and that the President has stated that he or she would sign.

I'll ask the mods to sticky this thread until the midterm elections of 2018 if the GOP managed to gain this scenario.

Failure on the progressives part to follow their pledge should be punished by banning for an entire election cycle.

This is not an opening for the progressives to counter with offers of their own. This pledge is aimed at them, strictly for them, and pertains ONLY to them.

If you feel so strongly that the opposition can never stand against the majority, then put your oath where you words are and vote "Yes".

Poll to follow.

I think you got the meme wrong. It's the House that thinks they don't have to work with the WH and Senate. Nice try, but I think the American people realize where the problem lies.

Then why do all the bills the House passes get stuck in the Senate? Oh yeah that's right, those are your guys being the obstructionists up there. Nice try.

Interesting how leftist talk about the letter of the law then turn their back on the border fence. The law only matters when it matters.

LMAO

-Geaux

Yea, the Dem meme, "What difference does it make, as long as we get our way." Stoopid idiotic Constitution. Always getting in the way.

I pledge to oppose the majority.....loyally. I pledge to consider the facts and urge my representatives in the house and the senate to act in the best interests of the nation.

I pledge to demand that the minority never threaten to shut down the government of stop paying our bills just because they are butthurt about being bitch slapped by the American people.

I pledge to give the new President...whoever it is....the respect that he or she deserves as the leader of this nation. Again, I will oppose this person....loyally...should their actions be negative in my view.

You nutters should try that method. You might not lose so badly next time.

Nobody has to "work" with the House. The House is one of the two houses of Congress and it has to "work" with the Senate. That means sending up bills that have a hope of passing rather than wasting everyones time with 40 bills to repeal Obamacare

They also have to "work" with the White House to pass legislation that has a chance of becoming law

:clap2: brilliant

so far i've dealt with idiots like NYC who believe the house is a mere rubber stamp for the senate and WH...NYC also thinks that because boehner does not have the votes in the senate or WH, he must capitulate, however, NYC doesn't want to acknowledge that dems do not have enough votes to fund it

it make me laugh to debate people like him

According to the Constitution, are not ALL spending bills supposed to originate in the House?

The Senate is supposed to follow the House lead and approve or disapprove what the House passes.

For the Democrats in the Senate to act like the House is supposed to follow the Senates lead is ridiculous.

Nobody has to "work" with the House. The House is one of the two houses of Congress and it has to "work" with the Senate. That means sending up bills that have a hope of passing rather than wasting everyones time with 40 bills to repeal Obamacare

They also have to "work" with the White House to pass legislation that has a chance of becoming law

You are lying again.

No one is obligated to 'work' with anyone else. IF anyone is supposed to have the initiative that compels the others to cooperate on spending Bills it is the HOUSE not the Senate, liar.

You are lying again.

No one is obligated to 'work' with anyone else. IF anyone is supposed to have the initiative that compels the others to cooperate on spending Bills it is the HOUSE not the Senate, liar.

We realize nobody is obligated to work with anyone else......Republicans prove that every day

Here is what you will pledge.

If you manage to hold onto the Senate, but the GOP takes the White House and keeps the House of Representatives, YOU, ALL OF YOU, will pledge that you will not encourage or support the Democrats in the Senate from fully supporting everything that the House passes as law, and that the President has stated that he or she would sign.

I'll ask the mods to sticky this thread until the midterm elections of 2018 if the GOP managed to gain this scenario.

Failure on the progressives part to follow their pledge should be punished by banning for an entire election cycle.

This is not an opening for the progressives to counter with offers of their own. This pledge is aimed at them, strictly for them, and pertains ONLY to them.

If you feel so strongly that the opposition can never stand against the majority, then put your oath where you words are and vote "Yes".

Poll to follow.

Whatever you're drinking, I'll have a double. :beer:

Offers, pledges, warped views of what your demented mind has you imagining others thinking...

But, but, but since 2010 Tea Party favorites have promised and pledged NOT to work with Pelosi, Reed, and Obama. :eusa_shifty:

Compromise doesn't mean the Republicans have to do what the Dems want, even if a Dem is the President. Last I checked, the only input he has is actually signing laws passed by the House and Senate. Silly Republicans, thinking they even have a voice in any matter, how could they.......wait, "What difference does it make"?

I see that the hypocrisy is complete.

Only two had the fortitude to actually admit they were hypocrites.

The rest have done so by remaining silent in the face of their demands that the minority (The House) must abide by the will of the majority.

Every person of honest beliefs can now use this thread as an example of the duplicitous nature of the leftward establishment of the USMB.

I pledge to oppose the majority.....loyally. I pledge to consider the facts and urge my representatives in the house and the senate to act in the best interests of the nation.

I pledge to demand that the minority never threaten to shut down the government of stop paying our bills just because they are butthurt about being bitch slapped by the American people.

I pledge to give the new President...whoever it is....the respect that he or she deserves as the leader of this nation. Again, I will oppose this person....loyally...should their actions be negative in my view.

You nutters should try that method. You might not lose so badly next time.
Noted that your blinders are firmly in place.

The GOP has taken positive action to oppose the Democrats because the policy enacted and supported by the democrats are harmful to our nation.

You have failed.

This thread shows that the meme that the House must abide by the will of the Senate with regard to the funding of the government along with the funding of Obamacare while not being limited when the position is opposite paints you, and many people here, as people who exhibit little to no character or integrity.

I've received the answer I expected, but in the interest of intellectual honesty, had to give everyone an opportunity of adding their input.

Forum List

Back