Democrat Prosecutor Declines to Charge Woman that Shot KCMO Firefighter in the Back

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Vid in link.

Summary of Events:
  • Felon Ja’Von Taylor harasses lady working the counter at a convenience store for not having the cigars he wants.
  • Clerk tells him to leave.
  • KCMO Firefighter Anthony Santi, in line behind Ja’Von, tells him to leave as well.
  • Ja’Von leaves and retrieves a gun from his SUV where his girlfriend is waiting and returns to the store.
  • Anthony and Ja’Von fight over the gun and end up outside of the store on the ground with Ja’Von in a headlock.
  • Ja’Von's GF exits the SUV, takes the gun out of Ja’Von's hands, and fatally shoots Anthony Santi in the back.
  • Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker (D) declines to prosecute the unnamed GF citing self defense of others.
Woman won’t be charged in shooting death of Kansas City firefighter
Prosecutor's office declines charges in shooting death of KCMO firefighter at an Independence gas station, citing self-defense

At least the feds charged the felon.

Vid in link.

Summary of Events:
  • Felon Ja’Von Taylor harasses lady working the counter at a convenience store for not having the cigars he wants.
  • KCMO Firefighter Anthony Santi, in line behind Ja’Von, tells him to leave as well.
  • Ja’Von leaves and retrieves a gun from his SUV where his girlfriend is waiting and returns to the store.
  • Anthony and Ja’Von fight over the gun and end up outside of the store on the ground with Ja’Von in a headlock.
  • Ja’Von's GF exits the SUV, takes the gun out of Ja’Von's hands, and fatally shoots Anthony Santi in the back.
  • Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker (D) declines to prosecute the unnamed GF citing self defense of others.
Prosecutor's office declines charges in shooting death of KCMO firefighter at an Independence gas station, citing self-defense

Seven thoughts:
1. Very sad for the firefighter.
2. He would not be dead, if the convicted felon was not illegally in possession of the gun and brought it into the fight.
3. I probably would not charge the girlfriend that fired the shot, either, for reason explained in vid.
4. The felon is responsible for that gun, he illegally possessed and bringing it into the fight. He should face felony manslaughter, at the least.
5. Good job Feds at taking up the prosecution and good luck to them.
6. If not armed yourself, do not inject yourself into other people's arguments with clerks.
7. If you are a responsible adult, you should obtain a carry permit and carry regularly.

Vid in link.

Summary of Events:

Um, okay. Someone is strangling your boyfriend and you shoot him in self defense.

Come on, guy, you can't rationalize what Rittenhouse and Zimmerman did, and then fault this woman.

Seven thoughts:
2. He would not be dead, if the convicted felon was not illegally in possession of the gun and brought it into the fight.
3. I probably would not charge the girlfriend that fired the shot, either, for reason explained in vid.
4. The felon is responsible for that gun, he illegally possessed and bringing it into the fight. He should face felony manslaughter, at the least.
6. If not armed yourself, do not inject yourself into other people's arguments with clerks.
7. If you are a responsible adult, you should obtain a carry permit and carry regularly.

You think that the problem here was a lack of guns?

You think that the problem here was a lack of guns?
If I were in the firefighter's place, had just intervened, knowing the guy was mad when he left, I would not have been fighting hand to hand for the weapon, when weapon spotted. I would have tried to protect my life and the life of the clerk and other patrons, with my own weapon. Do not take fists to a gun fight unless you are faster than a speeding bullet.

Seven thoughts:
You're full of shit.

She shot the guy in the back...killing him...over what amounts to strong-armed robbery.
She was an accessory to the crime because she used an illegal gun...that was in the possession of a felon...knowing that he wasn't allowed to have a firearm in the first place. She also killed someone with that illegal gun that didn't belong to her which removes her claim on self-defense.
It would have been a valid claim to self-defense if she had taken the gun from her attacker....but in this case she used a gun she knowingly knew was illegal and used it to commit murder in the 2nd Degree. Illegal carry also strips her right to Stand Your Ground. So essentially the prosecutor has his head up his ass and needs to be disbarred for not following the law. Since the carry of an illegal weapon is a federal offense the FBI or US Marshals can charge the murderer with murder in the 2nd Degree and possession of an illegal firearm.
The assailants cannot claim self-defense....but clearly the dead firefighter could have.

My guess is the only reason you support these two cocksuckers is because they're black and might vote for Democrats.

Obviously, the clerk was at fault.

This is 2022.

Clerks are told to never, ever argue with folks like Ja'von.

If they steal something, say nothing. Pretend that you did not see anything.

The clerk should have apologized profusely for not having Ja'von's favorite cigars and said something like, "I am so sorry, sir, [emphasis on the word "sir"] for not having them in stock. I will order some immediately. Today please help yourself to any cigars you wish. No charge. Have a nice day, sir, and hurry back."

And the prosecutor was right not to charge the female murderer. After all, the prosecutor no doubt enjoys his job and did not want to be the object of BLM protesters.

You're full of shit.

She shot the guy in the back...killing him...over what amounts to strong-armed robbery.
She was an accessory to the crime because she used an illegal gun...that was in the possession of a felon...knowing that he wasn't allowed to have a firearm in the first place. She also killed someone with that illegal gun that didn't belong to her which removes her claim on self-defense.
It would have been a valid claim to self-defense if she had taken the gun from her attacker....but in this case she used a gun she knowingly knew was illegal and used it to commit murder in the 2nd Degree. Illegal carry also strips her right to Stand Your Ground. So essentially the prosecutor has his head up his ass and needs to be disbarred for not following the law. Since the carry of an illegal weapon is a federal offense the FBI or US Marshals can charge the murderer with murder in the 2nd Degree and possession of an illegal firearm.

My guess is the only reason you support these two cocksuckers is because they're black and might vote for Democrats.
If my wife saw me on the ground being attacked, she would probably shoot my attacker also, if she thought to get the other gun out of the glove compartment. In defending, front or back, makes very little difference except in cowboy movies.
Here's one for you:
1666355810945.png

Seven thoughts:

And that is where our "civilization" is, where the conventional wisdom, backed up by the Law, is that a "man" is supposed to just stand there like a bitch and watch a dangerous MALE, verbally harass a woman.

Strong men protecting women? FOrget that, That shit only flies in a sane world. This is CLOWN WORLD now.

And that is where our "civilization" is, where the conventional wisdom, backed up by the Law, is that a "man" is supposed to just stand there like a bitch and watch a dangerous MALE, verbally harass a woman.

Strong men protecting women? FOrget that, That shit only flies in a sane world. This is CLOWN WORLD now.
Of course, you should protect women, at least from physical abuse. Verbal abuse is a whole different subject and depends on if you might have to have a physical response in a fight that could go either way. I will not risk an ass whipping because some clerk is getting bitched out by some asshole. Also, I certainly would not shoot somebody to save some clerk from getting bitched out. If it led to the asshole pulling a gun on me, or the clerk, I would have no problem putting Federal LE/Personal defense 123gr 9mm rounds (my standard carry load, not my much cheaper 123gr solids that I use on the range for practice) into the armed assailant until the threat is no longer a threat. I trained people for years. There is nothing wrong with shooting people (especially in lawful defense) as long as the right people get shot.

Of course, you should protect women, at least from physical abuse. Verbal abuse is a whole different subject and depends on if you might have to have a physical response in a fight that could go either way. I will not risk an ass whipping because some clerk is getting bitched out by some asshole. Also, I certainly would not shoot somebody to save some clerk from getting bitched out. If it led to the asshole pulling a gun on me, or the clerk, I would have no problem putting Federal LE/Personal defense 123gr 9mm rounds (my standard carry load, not my much cheaper 123gr solids that I use on the range for practice) into the armed assailant until the threat is no longer a threat. I trained people for years. There is nothing wrong with shooting people (especially in lawful defense) as long as the right people get shot.

The line between verbal abuse, and verbal threats is pretty thin. And I would be surprised if the barbarian in question, did not cross it, before the Fireman spoke up and told him to leave.

A healthy society would have taken the side of the fireman, not his murderer.

The line between verbal abuse, and verbal threats is pretty thin. And I would be surprised if the barbarian in question, did not cross it, before the Fireman spoke up and told him to leave.

A healthy society would have taken the side of the fireman, not his murderer.
It matters not. He lost the encounter, costing his life on what started as an ass chewing of a clerk because he did not exercise his rights to carry for self-protection. You can whip some asshole's ass some of the time. You can whip some asshole's ass all of the time, but you can't whip all asshole's asses all of the time. It pays to exercise some judgement and discretion.

It matters not. He lost the encounter, costing his life on what started as an ass chewing of a clerk because he did not exercise his rights to carry for self-protection. You can whip some asshole's ass some of the time. You can whip some asshole's ass all of the time, but you can't whip all asshole's asses all of the time. It pays to exercise some judgement and discretion.

It does matter. In a healthy soceity, the expectation would be that a "man" verbally harassing or threatening a woman, would be at risk from all good men nearby.

We don't have that.

It does matter. In a healthy soceity, the expectation would be that a "man" verbally harassing or threatening a woman, would be at risk from all good men nearby.

We don't have that.
Just don't let it overload your ass, or you can end up on the wrong end of guns, as the firefighter did.

If my wife saw me on the ground being attacked, she would probably shoot my attacker also, if she thought to get the other gun out of the glove compartment. In defending, front or back, makes very little difference except in cowboy movies.
Here's one for you:
View attachment 713422
The problem is this guy is a felon....and initiated the attack.
He might as well have been holding the place up.
He could have tried to go to another store to find his favorite cigars....but decided to be a thug and bring an illegal gun into the establishment and start some shit.
Do you think that being black makes this alright?
Is this Black Privilege?

Forum List

Back