Democrat says stupid things

Bawney Fwanks - "And so I'm here to say that there is no housing crisis and there is no bubble to worry about."

That's why this is a POLITICAL FORUM, I know of no one that doesn't have an opinion, even YOU have an opinion! We see how Regan cut unemployment in half after elected and by which policies worked, Obuma has not taken any lessons from history, which is often a way to rectify a bad situation!

I didn't say don't have an opinion, I didn't say don't say your opinion.

However, I have an opinion on the whole "let's just slag off the other side" politics that goes on in the US, and I make my opinion. I'm not stopping you talking about it, I'm saying it's not only a futile waste of time, but it's also playing into the hands of those who want this to happen so everyone ignores real issues.

Ah, pigeonhole me before you even know me.

Clearly I love Obama and want his children, and I want to move to Kenya, Yesssss?

Actually I waited to comment until I read your next post, which was alibing Obama. Nice try though. Not really, I was just being nice...[/QUOTE]

So, I make a comment which is not so negative towards Obama. Shock horror, must mean I support Obama. Maybe if I make a comment which is not so negative towards Reagan, does that mean I also support Reagan?

Or could it just be I have opinions on things, and they probably aren't going to be exactly in the middle so people who read one or two lines of what I've written think I'm totally unbiased?

That's why this is a POLITICAL FORUM, I know of no one that doesn't have an opinion, even YOU have an opinion! We see how Regan cut unemployment in half after elected and by which policies worked, Obuma has not taken any lessons from history, which is often a way to rectify a bad situation!

I didn't say don't have an opinion, I didn't say don't say your opinion.

However, I have an opinion on the whole "let's just slag off the other side" politics that goes on in the US, and I make my opinion. I'm not stopping you talking about it, I'm saying it's not only a futile waste of time, but it's also playing into the hands of those who want this to happen so everyone ignores real issues.

Did you ever hear of multi-tasking? Can you do more than 2 things at a time?

OK, not just any Democrat. But Charlie "Tax Cheat" Rangel, sounding off about his displeasure with Obama. Why? Seems Obama thought he could work with Republicans and the Tea Party. The Tea Party has the Confederate flag. So they're racists. And of course "mean". No, I'm not making that up.
Democrat Says Republicans Oppose Obama Because They’re Part of the Confederacy …Or Something
A blog from an ultra right sewer site. Why am I not surprised?

Yes, they invented the video of Rangel saying just those things. Amazing what they can do with photoshop these days.
Have you always been this stupid, or is it just since your drug overdose?

images

No, actually it's been proven that he was lying the United States into war.

It's called treason.

No, actually it's been proven that he was lying the United States into war.

It's called treason.

It has not been proven.
He was not lying.
That isn't treason.

So for most fallacies and errors in two sentences you win the Dunce Prize of the day. Here's your sign.

Yeah, what does this have to do with what we're talking about?

Most intelligent people can concentrate on a FEW different issues at a time. No one has forgotten Obumacare, or the IRS scandal, or the NSA scandal, or the Benghazi scandal, or the Fast & Furious scandal, or Obuma's Unconstitutional National Defense Authorization Act, or.......

Most intelligent people can concentrate on a FEW different issues at a time. No one has forgotten Obumacare, or the IRS scandal, or the NSA scandal, or the Benghazi scandal, or the Fast & Furious scandal, or Obuma's Unconstitutional National Defense Authorization Act, or.......

And what does this have to do with anything? I didn't say people can't multitask, I said that people end up on the issues that are pushed by the parties, and often will ignore the main issues that are out there.

Often all the issues don't look at actually changing the fabric of society to have a change that is necessary to solve many of the problems that are out there.

And what does this have to do with anything? I didn't say people can't multitask, I said that people end up on the issues that are pushed by the parties, and often will ignore the main issues that are out there.

Often all the issues don't look at actually changing the fabric of society to have a change that is necessary to solve many of the problems that are out there.

Ok, I'll ask...how do YOU solve them?

Ok, I'll ask...how do YOU solve them?[/QUOTE]

First, change the way people vote. PR would be preferable in some kind of way, I like the German system.

Second, make education more focused towards things that actually matter, giving pupils the skills they need. Change funding of education so that all pupils get a chance in life.
After school clubs and such sort of initiatives for kids, especially in inner city areas where crime and gangs are a major problem,
Education on parenting, education on how to make decisions in every day contexts like choose a partner, getting married, bringing up kids, but in a way that is useful and full of religious nonsense that often makes things worse than better.

These are two essential topics that I believe should actually be major parts of other topics. However when brought up they generally get ignored, or I get told I'm off topic.

Thirdly teaching about human rights and responsibilities in society should also be something essential, how should be treat each other, how should they act, what should they do, as a part of society which is based around rights and responsibilities.

Ok, I'll ask...how do YOU solve them?

First, change the way people vote. PR would be preferable in some kind of way, I like the German system.

Second, make education more focused towards things that actually matter, giving pupils the skills they need. Change funding of education so that all pupils get a chance in life.
After school clubs and such sort of initiatives for kids, especially in inner city areas where crime and gangs are a major problem,
Education on parenting, education on how to make decisions in every day contexts like choose a partner, getting married, bringing up kids, but in a way that is useful and full of religious nonsense that often makes things worse than better.

These are two essential topics that I believe should actually be major parts of other topics. However when brought up they generally get ignored, or I get told I'm off topic.

Thirdly teaching about human rights and responsibilities in society should also be something essential, how should be treat each other, how should they act, what should they do, as a part of society which is based around rights and responsibilities.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. Why not just say you want government to run everyone's life? Some youths just don't want to learn, some aren't bright enough to go onto advanced education. In the OLD DAYS, we had Commercial High Schools that taught a job skill instead of trying to send everyone onto college. Worked fairly well until education became a place to indoctrinate young heads full of mush.

What do you actually expect the President to do exactly?

Remember, he has the executive power, not the legislative power and not the judiciary power. He cannot make laws, he cannot interpret laws. What does he do then?

The Constitution Article 2 Section 1 merely states this

Section 2 gives him the job of C-in-C of the armed forces.

It also gives him the power to make treaties, with the help of the Senate and nominates ambassadors, judges, etc.

Section 3 is to give a state of the union address.

So, which of these things is he doing badly?

C-in-C and making treaties are foreign affairs, which make him especially powerful in this field.

He can appoint judges, that's about the power at home.

Sure, the President's executive powers allow him to do certain things, but for the most part what people expect of him are things like running the economy, does he actually run the economy? I'd say no, he can do a few things to try and help, he can try and convince Congress on what to do, but Congress has far more power.

He has Obamacare, but the reality is that he has had to use congress to get this through.

Often I wonder what people think the President is, he's not like the PM in the UK, or the Chancellor in Germany, the President in France.

But he has a phone and a pen. :lol:

Good luck with that. Why not just say you want government to run everyone's life? Some youths just don't want to learn, some aren't bright enough to go onto advanced education. In the OLD DAYS, we had Commercial High Schools that taught a job skill instead of trying to send everyone onto college. Worked fairly well until education became a place to indoctrinate young heads full of mush.

Some kids don't want to learn, but often it isn't they don't want to learn, it's that they don't want to learn the rubbish that is put in front of them, or they don't learn well in the teaching style given, and then get labelled stupid and that sticks.

There's a thread on whether stupid people should vote. Is it they are stupid, or is it that they just haven't be taught how to do things properly.

But this is one of the BIGGEST issues in the US right now, and hardly anyone bothers to take notice.

There are issues of govt control, I'm not saying it needs to be the govt that is the body that actually implements this. I would much rather there be a body of those in education who are making and producing courses that are based on what is needed, after heavy consultation. However it seems that education is about "this is what we do" and change is very hard, aims for education seem to be non-existent in many areas, and especially over the whole system from the age of 4 to 18.

What is indoctrination? Should we tell kids how to live in society? Should we tell them about rights and responsibilities? Should we give them the skills to think for themselves? Should we tell them stuff in a manner that is nationalistic?

I'd much prefer everything that is fact based, like history, to be done on an evidence based system, so kids write what they think, and not what is expected, I've seen it happen too. But it doesn't seem to happen a lot.

Kids need to have choices of different types of education that suit their needs and desires. Instead of a one size fits all type that can happen in a lot of places.

Forum List

Back