Democrat says stupid things

So, to clarify. You mean the number of people who had been out of work for more than 6 months has risen from 2009 to 2014?

That's what the stats show![/QUOTE]

Okay, here's my problem with looking at these types of stats.

When there's an economic crisis, the number of long term unemployed would appear to get higher the longer you go through the economic crisis.

Even if unemployment doesn't go up or down over the period of say, six years, the number of people who are long term unemployed is going to grow, just as they pass the milestone that puts them into the category of long term.

What does it actually mean?

Sure, we know that people who are long term unemployed are having a hard time, but how would Obama have done anything for these people? No matter how the president went about dealing with an economic crisis, the chances are he's either going to be about the same as any other president, or he might be able to make it a lot worse if he's really trying to mess it all up.

Like I've said, I don't put that much ability or power onto the president to have much of a change in the economy. Bush probably did pump the economy a little with his tax breaks, however this was at a time when the economy should have been going down and may have led to the economic crisis being higher than it was.

However the differing views on how to get out of a recession are not based on much at all, we simply don't know what works and what doesn't.

I'm what I am. You can figure that out if you wish,

You're not crazy, stupid or dishonest.

Hence, Kaz has determined you have to be a dirty liberal.

One more thing, jobs created per year of term.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Carter -- 2.6 million jobs / year
Reagan -- 2.0 million jobs / year

I double-checked with data from the BLS tables and got almost the same. 2.5 million for Carter, 2.1 million for Reagan. Point is, Carter had a better job creation record than Reagan, and did it without Reagan's massive deficits. Kind of shoots down that Reagan aura.

Last edited:
Obama has painted himself in the corner and you're letting him off the hook. I do like how you say I can't assume what you think based on a few posts, yet you freely do that to me. LOL.

Letting him off the hook? How's that?

The president doesn't have that much power at home, he has a lot more in foreign affairs. The expectation that people have internally is far too much.

Externally I don't have much of a problem other than that he went and bombed Libya.

Getting data from the BLS tables will say almost the same. 2.5 million for Carter, 2.1 million for Reagan. Point is, Carter had a better job creation record than Reagan, and did it without Reagan's massive deficits. Kind of shoots down that Reagan aura.

But then only says what the stats say.

Is this the reality?

Carter started off in recession, unemployment went down, then back up again. Why?

Reagan started off with unemployment, it went up massively, why? Then it went down to a decent rate before rising again in the early 1990s and then stayed down after that till 2008. Why?

Sort term economic statistics can say a little, sometimes longer economic statistics say more. However who is the person who really put things in place?

You can look to Chile and see that Pinochet, while being a complete moron and did some nasty things, in terms of the economy he made Chile the economic powerhouse of Latin America.

In the US, with presidents changing so often, who had the actual impact, who rode the waves, who suffered the problems?

It's not so simple as to look at the stats and say "he was in, therefore it was him who done it"

OK, not just any Democrat. But Charlie "Tax Cheat" Rangel, sounding off about his displeasure with Obama. Why? Seems Obama thought he could work with Republicans and the Tea Party. The Tea Party has the Confederate flag. So they're racists. And of course "mean". No, I'm not making that up.
Democrat Says Republicans Oppose Obama Because They’re Part of the Confederacy …Or Something

i have a question for charlie and all liberals because im curious. Why is it every black republican wins a majority white district and every black democrat only wins in majority black districts?

And that is a very good question! Thank You!

A second question is why do democrats create majority black districts i the first place? We know they can win in republican districts without a large black vote. Why do they promote segregation, like black districts to win. Im just stunned when you think of it from that perspective.

I mean if republicans are so racist how in the hell does tim scott become a senator from south carolina as a republican. All the republicans in the state voted for him.

Curious minds want to knwo.

Democrats are racist!

Obama has painted himself in the corner and you're letting him off the hook. I do like how you say I can't assume what you think based on a few posts, yet you freely do that to me. LOL.

The president doesn't have that much power at home, he has a lot more in foreign affairs. The expectation that people have internally is far too much.

Externally I don't have much of a problem other than that he went and bombed Libya.

Not much power at home?

- He intimidated the Supreme Court Chief Justice to not overturn Obamacare
- He intimidated a GOP controlled house into passing a budget without cuts or defunding Obamacare
- He doesn't negotiate anything for debt limit increases and says so
- He unilaterally changes obamacare exempting his cronies and delaying mandates at his whim
- He's blocked investigations entirely or at least blocked any meaningful investigations into serious corruption in Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS
- He ended the ability to filibuster his court nominees the Democrats used to block W's.
- He made recess appointments when congress wasn't in recess

And you're making endless excuses for him, not very non-partisan.

I'm not a party member, but I actually hate both of them. I don't make weak arguments letting them off the hook.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Not much power at home?

- He intimidated a GOP controlled house into passing a budget without cuts or defunding Obamacare
- He unilaterally changes obamacare exempting his cronies and delaying mandates at his whim
- He's blocked investigations entirely or at least blocked any meaningful investigations into serious corruption in Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS
- He ended the ability to filibuster his court nominees the Democrats used to block W's.

I'm not a party member, but I actually hate both of them. I don't make weak arguments letting them off the hook.
You leave out over-rode the rules of bankruptcy court
Fired the CEO of a private company.

But there is so much Obama has done that is questionable, illegal or unethical you could be excused for missing some of it.

Great, another topic for people to slag each other off, I'm so excited, there hasn't been one for minutes.

Then go somewhere else, shit for brains. No one forcing you stay here.

Well hello mr nice guy.

I actually didn't say I wanted to be in the same topic as you though. You seem the sort of person who is very easy to put on ignore.

You start pissing in a thread with your own trash talk, then you're surprised you attract some sort of reply?

Go ahead and put me on ignore, only goes to show you're not only a mouthy ass wipe, you're a pussy too.... a FRIGIDWEIRDO pussy.

Last edited:
So, to clarify. You mean the number of people who had been out of work for more than 6 months has risen from 2009 to 2014?

That's what the stats show!

Okay, here's my problem with looking at these types of stats.

When there's an economic crisis, the number of long term unemployed would appear to get higher the longer you go through the economic crisis.

Even if unemployment doesn't go up or down over the period of say, six years, the number of people who are long term unemployed is going to grow, just as they pass the milestone that puts them into the category of long term.

What does it actually mean?

Sure, we know that people who are long term unemployed are having a hard time, but how would Obama have done anything for these people? No matter how the president went about dealing with an economic crisis, the chances are he's either going to be about the same as any other president, or he might be able to make it a lot worse if he's really trying to mess it all up.

Like I've said, I don't put that much ability or power onto the president to have much of a change in the economy. Bush probably did pump the economy a little with his tax breaks, however this was at a time when the economy should have been going down and may have led to the economic crisis being higher than it was.

However the differing views on how to get out of a recession are not based on much at all, we simply don't know what works and what doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Of course we know what works, just look back to the last few large recessions and see how a president that wanted to get out of it, and help the people instead of hurting them, did it!

Not much power at home?

No, not much power. So he's done some things. You compare this to a president or PM in another country and see what they're getting up to.

You've pointed out some stuff you don't like, great, but it still doesn't show much power.

You start pissing in a thread with your own trash talk, then you're surprised you attract some sort of reply?

Go ahead and put me on ignore, only goes to show you're not only a mouthy ass wipe, you're a pussy too.... a FRIGIDWEIRDO pussy.

Er... do I expect anything from you? Not at all. I mean, you gave me negative rep within a few days of me being here, you didn't even join in the discussion, just said that I was talking rubbish and then walked away without discussion. That's all i know about you.
Then you pop up again, and it's the same again.

Yeah, I made a comment about something that really annoys me. It's not actually trashtalk, it's about making people from both sides see that they spend half their life merely slagging off the other political party and don't do much else.

As for your insults. See below.

Of course we know what works, just look back to the last few large recessions and see how a president that wanted to get out of it, and help the people instead of hurting them, did it!

Which presidents didn't want to get out of it?

Oh wait, are you going to make some claim that democrat presidents don't want to get out of it. Hell, I could even throw economic data at you about how many republican presidents were in office when economically negative situations started compared to democratic presidents, but it doesn't get anyone anywhere if you don't actually look at the situation properly.

Which presidents didn't want to get out of it?

Oh wait, are you going to make some claim that democrat presidents don't want to get out of it. Hell, I could even throw economic data at you about how many republican presidents were in office when economically negative situations started compared to democratic presidents, but it doesn't get anyone anywhere if you don't actually look at the situation properly.

Just B. Insane

Not much power at home?

No, not much power. So he's done some things. You compare this to a president or PM in another country and see what they're getting up to.

You've pointed out some stuff you don't like, great, but it still doesn't show much power.

I've shown a liberal for what he is...

Just so people can see what sort of person you are. This is your negative rep. Well done for your argument.

03-23-2014 08:52 AM 007 Then go somewhere else, shit for brains.

Just B. Insane

And why exactly do you think he doesn't want to get out of it?

Surely if he didn't, unemployment wouldn't have dropped in this period. Surely the economy wouldn't be recovering.

Is this anything to do with the nonsense that is spread around by Republicans, who really don't like not having the C-in-C to invade other countries, that he is Muslim, born in Kenya and the like?

Come on.

Bush helped to destroy the economy, I don't think he did it to try and destroy the US. He did it for personal gain, most presidents do things for personal gain, and trying to get the economy good is so they can go down as a good president, don't you think?

The job itself is inviting people who want everyone to love them. They're all good looking guys when they get elected (hence why Hilary stands no chance), popular, most don't have much of a sense of direction (hence why any libertarian doesn't stand a chance).

As Colin Powell said, that he could be president as he'd annoy 99% of the country by doing what he thinks best, rather than playing the game.

Forum List

Back