Democratic Congresswoman Calls For ‘Gender Equality’ In Crash Test Dummies

Rep. Norton want car companies to be required to use more female crash test dummies to help improve car safety standards. The article (if you read past the headline) actually makes a compelling case for Norton's bill.
Sure it does looneytunes.....

View attachment 496432Democrats with their majority control are focused like a laser on the key issues facing Americans.
And what of the other 57 Heinz Variety genders you ask? Obviously Democrats are sexist.

Not satire. Satire is impossible with what the Left do

Oh, you mean like say, an obsession with Dr. Suess, Mr. Potato Head, Brittany Spears, Snow White?...those are really important issues that need addressing. :) Oh yeah, and everything is "woke". (A term by the way the only the right uses. It officially went out of vogue like five years ago). Suffice to say, there are whack-a-doodles on both sides of the aisle. They're just in a plethora on the right hand side of the aisle.
Yes, the Lefts attacks on Dr Sue’s, Mr Potato Head, Pepe le Pew etc are just more examples of how mentally ill Democrats are.

Again, don't know what reality you card carrying members of the alt-right live in, but lefties weren't making hay out of Mr Potato Head's genitals. Republicans were.
Psstt...you do know that potatoes come out of the ground gender neutral...right?? :)
And you freaks feel the need to go after crash test dummies.
Leftists are freaks.

Again, her concern regarding crash-test dummies has nothing to do with appearances or identity politics.

Rep. Norton want car companies to be required to use more female crash test dummies to help improve car safety standards. The article (if you read past the headline) actually makes a compelling case for Norton's bill.
It’s anti science. You can’t smash 50,000 cars for every body size. You create a standard and extrapolate. It’s called science.

Sure it does looneytunes.....

View attachment 496432Democrats with their majority control are focused like a laser on the key issues facing Americans.
And what of the other 57 Heinz Variety genders you ask? Obviously Democrats are sexist.

Oh, you mean like say, an obsession with Dr. Suess, Mr. Potato Head, Brittany Spears, Snow White?...those are really important issues that need addressing. :) Oh yeah, and everything is "woke". (A term by the way the only the right uses. It officially went out of vogue like five years ago). Suffice to say, there are whack-a-doodles on both sides of the aisle. They're just in a plethora on the right hand side of the aisle.
Yes, the Lefts attacks on Dr Sue’s, Mr Potato Head, Pepe le Pew etc are just more examples of how mentally ill Democrats are.

Again, don't know what reality you card carrying members of the alt-right live in, but lefties weren't making hay out of Mr Potato Head's genitals. Republicans were.
Psstt...you do know that potatoes come out of the ground gender neutral...right?? :)
And you freaks feel the need to go after crash test dummies.
Leftists are freaks.

Again, her concern regarding crash-test dummies has nothing to do with appearances or identity politics.
It’s anti science. You can’t smash 50,000 cars for every body size. You create a standard and extrapolate. It’s called science.

Wait, there aren't any theys or trannies either. This is an outrage. Automobile corps use different sizes and proportions in their test dummies. Gender has nothing to do with it.
wrong

They do use different proportions and sizes. That is correct.
based on what?

In the US, regulatory testing is conducted using midsize-male and small-female ATDs. These are commonly referred to as 50th percentile male and 5 th percentile female ATDs, but in fact their reference body dimensions do not correspond to those percentiles for any particular population of interest. For example, the body weight of the midsize-male ATDs used for the majority of frontal- and side-impact tests (approximately 78 kg) is now the 33rd percentile of U.S. adult body weight.

They should probably upgrade to obese sizes.

Seems to me they might want to conduct tests about a variety of things, since not a large proportion of the population is male, 5'9", and 170 pounds. Can't really say, not being an expert in auto safety testing, but it seems quite reasonable to me that a government committee on transportation safety might be concerned when told that women, especially women who are driving, are 17% more likely to die in an auto accident than a male passenger in the same car. Seems like a very reasonable thing for them to want to know more about.

Wait, there aren't any theys or trannies either. This is an outrage. Automobile corps use different sizes and proportions in their test dummies. Gender has nothing to do with it.
wrong

based on what?

In the US, regulatory testing is conducted using midsize-male and small-female ATDs. These are commonly referred to as 50th percentile male and 5 th percentile female ATDs, but in fact their reference body dimensions do not correspond to those percentiles for any particular population of interest. For example, the body weight of the midsize-male ATDs used for the majority of frontal- and side-impact tests (approximately 78 kg) is now the 33rd percentile of U.S. adult body weight.

exactly. based on gender.

Has nothing to do with gender. Its physics, velocity, and size.

No, there are a lot more differences between male and female bodies than just their relative size. I believe the entire country has been discussing just recently the differences in male and female muscle mass, bone density, etc. Now, suddenly, you want to dismiss all that. Why?

Hey PROGS, since since crash-dummies are discriminatory now, then surely you can provide data that shows women are killed in car accidents at a higher rate than men.

GO!

read it, understand it.
So now a liberal thinks there is a difference between men and women?

Yes, but how do you "extrapolate" from a standard that's not really comparable?

Look, my husband and I are approximately the same height, and he weighs maybe 30 pounds more than I do. By your standard, all we need to know is what would happen to him in an accident, and that tells us exactly what would happen to me in the same accident. Because by your standard, we're more or less the same.

Except if you take two seconds to forget that, "OMG, she's a Democrat, so she MUST be wrong and just be playing identity politics!" you'll realize that my husband and I pretty definitely are NOT the same. Far more of his weight comes from muscle than mine does; his bones have far more density than mine do, and his skeleton is shaped quite a bit differently from mine. My center of gravity is lower than his, making my posture and positioning in the driver's seat quite different from his (I can attest to this every time he drives my car and then I have to re-adjust everything).

Now, do you really want to try to tell me that there's no reason, given all of that, to believe that the results of a crash involving my husband would be quite different to the results of the same crash involving me? More to the point, do you think it's at all unreasonable that people tasked with transportation safety might want to explore the question?

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
She is a former crash test dummy and got her boobs crushed couple of times and thinks it not fair that doesn’t happen to guys

Hey PROGS, since since crash-dummies are discriminatory now, then surely you can provide data that shows women are killed in car accidents at a higher rate than men.

GO!

read it, understand it.
So now a liberal thinks there is a difference between men and women?
sober up.

actually, i have to correct your com side of the aisle.

seems like when you read the TRUTH...you try to deflect away from it....TRUTH hurts liars, and their bleating sheep

so you obviously think that they have to have a slit down there, for the demmies. i mean dummies--still the same..... and that they don't already practice that concept....wow--you brain dead demonRATS..... i bet, just gave CR, or the car companies a new idea(LOL)

There's actually some solid science behind that request. Women and men are built differently, in case you haven't noticed.

You don't say?

I really don't see the difference in build between an average "broad" like Caitlyn Jenner and any other retired male athlete.

But I guess i'm not as discerning as you are. Do you care to elaborate?
The birds and the bees ain't my job, Son. Go talk to your parents or something.
thats because you know nothing about them....son

There's actually some solid science behind that request. Women and men are built differently, in case you haven't noticed.

You don't say?

I really don't see the difference in build between an average "broad" like Caitlyn Jenner and any other retired male athlete.

But I guess i'm not as discerning as you are. Do you care to elaborate?
The birds and the bees ain't my job, Son. Go talk to your parents or something.
thats because you know nothing about them....son
Oh please, is that really the best you can do?

Next time at least try to get the punctuation right.

so you obviously think that they have to have a slit down there, for the demmies. i mean dummies--still the same..... and that they don't already practice that concept....wow--you brain dead demonRATS..... i bet, just gave CR, or the car companies a new idea(LOL)

It's okay, you and scores of other incurious dipshits didn't read past the headline either.

GO!

read it, understand it.
“The numbers indicate that women more often drive smaller, lighter cars and that they’re more likely than men to be driving the struck vehicle in side-impact and front-into-rear crashes,” says Jermakian. “Once you account for that, the difference in the odds of most injuries narrows dramatically.”

wrong

based on what?

exactly. based on gender.

Has nothing to do with gender. Its physics, velocity, and size.

No, there are a lot more differences between male and female bodies than just their relative size. I believe the entire country has been discussing just recently the differences in male and female muscle mass, bone density, etc. Now, suddenly, you want to dismiss all that. Why?
Prog politicians like to promote their views from a stage. Issues like this could be on the backburner and quietly dealt with.

Forum List

Back