Democratic leadership more pro-war than GOP leadership

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Case closed on the who is the war hawk party

Democratic leadership in the Senate and House are more in favor of military action in Syria than Republican leadership in either chamber.

Four out of eight members of Democratic leadership have stated they would support involvement, while the other four remain undecided but seem to lean toward an attack.

Meanwhile, just two out of 10 members of Republican leadership support a resolution to attack Syria. Two more are currently against but may be swayed. Rep. James Lankford, R-Okla., is firmly against military action and the rest are either skeptical or undecided.

I fear that many Democrats are supporting the war simply cause they don't want Obama to crash and burn.

that is a HORRIBLE reason to support a war.

I voted for Obama thrice, twice for President and once in the 2008 primary.

I love much of his legislation and goals.

but on this issue, I think Obama is damn wrong!

Remember, murdering your own people, her words, can't be tolerated:

waco-murders-2.jpg

The Republicans are against Middle East intervention now the way they were against deficits when Clinton was president,

then they got a GOP president and that immediately ended,

then we got a Democratic president again and they were back on the anti-deficit bandwagon.

This is the same. If Romney were president he'd have bombed Syria by now with near unanimous GOP support.

I fear that many Democrats are supporting the war simply cause they don't want Obama to crash and burn.

that is a HORRIBLE reason to support a war.

I voted for Obama thrice, twice for President and once in the 2008 primary.

I love much of his legislation and goals.

but on this issue, I think Obama is damn wrong!

What is amazing is that the those supporting Obama are saying almost the same exact words that were used to justify Iraq. Quite stunning.

I am a little peeved at those who call themselves conservatives especially media pundits. The all squawked before Obama put it to the Congress that he must put it to the Congress. Then when he does they call him weak and a coward. That is BS and makes me ashamed to be a conservative, or should I say I am ashamed they call themselves conservatives.

Obama attacked 5 countries & backed revolution in 6 countries.

- Obama Ordered escalated U.S. Military Strikes on Afghanistan.
- Obama Ordered continued U.S. Military Strikes on Iraq.
- Obama Ordered U.S. Military Strikes on Pakistan.
- Obama Ordered U.S. Military Strikes on Yemen.
- Obama Ordered U.S. Military Strikes on Libya.
- Obama backing "Day of Rage" in Egypt.
- Obama backing "Day of Rage" in Iran.
- Obama backing "Day of Rage" in Tunisia.
- Obama backing "Day of Rage" in Yemen.
- Obama backing "Day of Rage" in Bahrain.
- Obama backing "Day of Rage" in Syria.

The Republicans are against Middle East intervention now the way they were against deficits when Clinton was president,

then we got a Democratic president again and they were back on the anti-deficit bandwagon.

This is the same. If Romney were president he'd have bombed Syria by now with near unanimous GOP support.

Of course it is partisan BS. As you said the democrats were all against the wars after they voted for them. Now they are war hawks, both sides are nothing more then partisan hacks. I personally would have voted no to Iraq and I would vote no to bombing Syria. I think we have bombed too much.

Both parties have flipped sides on war & budgets. The Syria vote will be down party lines.

Obama's military spending is almost double that of other presidents.

historical_defense_budget_charts.html

Are you aware that your chart is proof that your claim is wrong?

Most other presidents spent most of their time with annual military spending in the 400 to 550 billion range.

Obama has been spending about 700 billion annually on the military his entire term in office.

Last edited:

Democratic leadership in the Senate and House are more in favor of military action in Syria than Republican leadership in either chamber.

Four out of eight members of Democratic leadership have stated they would support involvement, while the other four remain undecided but seem to lean toward an attack.

Meanwhile, just two out of 10 members of Republican leadership support a resolution to attack Syria. Two more are currently against but may be swayed. Rep. James Lankford, R-Okla., is firmly against military action and the rest are either skeptical or undecided.
Whatever Obama proposes, Republicans oppose.

Both parties have flipped sides on war & budgets. The Syria vote will be down party lines.
Unfortunately that may well be the case, with congressmen playing follow the leader. I'm told that there was a time when congressmen actually voted for what they thought was best for the country. If so, those days are long gone. Today groupthink rules in congress.

Unfortunately that may well be the case, with congressmen playing follow the leader. I'm told that there was a time when congressmen actually voted for what they thought was best for the country. If so, those days are long gone. Today groupthink rules in congress.

It is money first, party & politics second, then country & citizens maybe.

not his
not his
his-kind of....
his
his
irrelevant to the rest.

day of rage..lol

Obama's military spending is almost double that of other presidents.

historical_defense_budget_charts.html

Are you aware that your chart is proof that your claim is wrong?

Most other presidents spent most of their time with annual military spending in the 400 to 550 billion range.

Obama has been spending about 700 billion annually on the military his entire term in office.

so what. When he tries to cut the budget the right claims he is weak on defense. If he doesnt cut the budget,he spends more than others.

Lets use G5000 favorite word.......hypocrisy.

not his
not his
his-kind of....
his
his
irrelevant to the rest.

day of rage..lol

Obama voted for Iraq and Afghanistan War Funding, continued Iraq war, escalated & claimed the Afghanistan War. He also funded & assisted revolution in 6 other countries. He also attacked 3 others. It's a good thing he got that peace prize early on.

not his
not his
his-kind of....
his
his
irrelevant to the rest.

day of rage..lol

Obama voted for Iraq and Afghanistan War Funding, continued Iraq war, escalated & claimed the Afghanistan War. He also funded & assisted revolution in 6 other countries. He also attacked 3 others. It's a good thing he got that peace prize early on.

so what? it started under Bush and ended under obama. They are not his babies.

Forum List

Back