Democrats are cool with mooching off their parents far longer than Republicans

who is the die hard republican on here who lives in his grandmothers basement and refuses to work?

he changes his name all the time....use to be knights templar or some shit
Oh yes! He lives in his grandmothers basement and "helps" her out for room and board. Haven't seen him in a while

Naturally, the entire philosophy of being a Democrat is to believe someone else is responsible for you.

This trend applies to car payments and housing as well. More than one in 10 (13%) of Republicans think you should be able to pay for a car without your parents help before your 18th birthday, compared to just 4% of Democrats. And while just 1% of Democrats and Republicans expect people to pay for their housing themselves before 18, once they hit 18 it’s a different story: 17% of Republicans think that people should be able to pay for their housing without parental help at ages 18 or 19, while just 10% of Democrats feel the same.

Still pretty pathetic numbers over all.

Naturally, the entire philosophy of being a Democrat is to believe someone else is responsible for you.

This trend applies to car payments and housing as well. More than one in 10 (13%) of Republicans think you should be able to pay for a car without your parents help before your 18th birthday, compared to just 4% of Democrats. And while just 1% of Democrats and Republicans expect people to pay for their housing themselves before 18, once they hit 18 it’s a different story: 17% of Republicans think that people should be able to pay for their housing without parental help at ages 18 or 19, while just 10% of Democrats feel the same.

My parents would give money to poor kids in South America, but wouldn't their own kids...I was told at 14 if I wanted anything I had to work for it, so I did.. I got a job working all weekend at a restaurant..I also told my kids the same thing, only to have my parents give them anything they ask for..

My parents would give money to poor kids in South America, but wouldn't their own kids...I was told at 14 if I wanted anything I had to work for it, so I did.. I got a job working all weekend at a restaurant..I also told my kids the same thing, only to have my parents give them anything they ask for..

I never got an allowance,if I wanted money I had to work for it.

The percentage from both sides is pathetic.
No one I knew growing up thought that way,we couldnt wait to get a job and get out of the parents house.

to really discuss this issue one would have to discuss the housing market and the jobs market......a one bedroom goes for about 700 a month here....which is a lot when you consider the wages paid out in this area...i think most parents would rather their adult kids stay at home than be burdened with rents running up to half their monthly salaries....there are many factors causing young adults to live at home.....why not discuss those?

rather than your bullshit bias article?

I thought the Messiah solved all that?

Isn't it odd how the only people on these boards who call our Former President "Messiah" are RussianWrs?

to really discuss this issue one would have to discuss the housing market and the jobs market......a one bedroom goes for about 700 a month here....which is a lot when you consider the wages paid out in this area...i think most parents would rather their adult kids stay at home than be burdened with rents running up to half their monthly salaries....there are many factors causing young adults to live at home.....why not discuss those?

Isn't it odd how the only people on these boards who call our Former President "Messiah" are RussianWrs?

We thought that was the proper term?

After all he promised hope & change, transparency and free shit for everyone.

I never got an allowance,if I wanted money I had to work for it.

The percentage from both sides is pathetic.
No one I knew growing up thought that way,we couldnt wait to get a job and get out of the parents house.
I wasn't about to live at home after 17, I had plans and things to do, plus I was tired of being told what to do..

We thought that was the proper term?

After all he promised hope & change, transparency and free shit for everyone.
So you actually believe campaign slogans?

Man, only 1 in 10, that's sad.

It's a lot different than when I was a teenager now, though.

a) Less availability of jobs

b) Used car prices have skyrocketed since the Obama "Cash 4 Clunker" program took a lot of good, cheap, used vehicles off the road.

By the time I was 18, I had bought 3 vehicles and 3 motorcycles, all with my own money. Of course they were beaters.

Forum List

Back