Democrats backing away from Obamacare?

We can only hope.

Just keep being the lemming you are, right over the cliff.

Yeah access to affordable healthcare for everyone will send us right over the cliff. Scary!!
It's not access to affordable care. It's forced on people. And it's not any more affordable than it was before. It's just now you have to get it or pay a tax.

I'm referring to us hopefully one day moving to a single payer system.

Great, lets make our health care like the DMV.

Why do you want that?

They are not backing away from it, they are going to say it doesn't go far enough.

Obamacare was the Dieppe raid. Single payer, DMV style health care is the upcoming Normandy Invasion they always wanted.

We can only hope.

Yeah access to affordable healthcare for everyone will send us right over the cliff. Scary!!
It's not access to affordable care. It's forced on people. And it's not any more affordable than it was before. It's just now you have to get it or pay a tax.

Yeah then when you have cancer and it will cost a fortune to treat you. You will get a pain pill to keep you comfortable the rest of your days.

We can only hope.

Yeah then when you have cancer and it will cost a fortune to treat you. You will get a pain pill to keep you comfortable the rest of your days.

Wait, are you referring to our system now? Sure sounds like it. I agree though, we can't have that type of system. Medical costs should never cause someone to go bankrupt, glad we can agree on that.

With that said, it's still better than what we had before the ACA was signed.

Yes, forcing people to by things they don't want/can't afford, and then raising the prices higher and higher, is so much better than the alternative of people being free to make their own decisions.

Actually it is.

That awkward moment when a liberal doesn't even try to hide their contempt for freedom and their lust for control and for your money.....and no words can adequately express your disgust.

Why do you want that?

it's what you want, i.e. single payer.

Wait, are you referring to our system now? Sure sounds like it. I agree though, we can't have that type of system. Medical costs should never cause someone to go bankrupt, glad we can agree on that.
No, government healthcare is the worst thing we could do.

Why do you want that?

I do want single payer. Whats your point again?

So you say. But reality says otherwise.

Where has there ever been a successful healthcare system that didn't have government involved? Our system is already the most privatized system of any 1st world country. So where is your proof?

I know you don't have any, but it's funny to ask and watch you ignore it.

ObamaCare was a classic bait and switch con.

That whole "not one dime" thing about deficits. That whole thing about bending the cost curve down. You had dumb rubes parroting propaganda about the US having the highest per capita health care costs in the Universe with the plain implication that ObamaCare would change that.

And yet there were obvious provisions which made it screamingly obvious ObamaCare had nothing to do with bending the cost curve downward. The employer mandate was the dead giveaway. And Obama personally pencil whipping the floor at which Cadillac plans would be taxed, raising it higher than at what the Democrats in Congress had set it.

Why do you want that?

That you are mooching progressive twat.

I am willing to bet that Nancy Pelosi still hasn't read that bill to find out what's in it after it was passed.

Why do you want that?

I pay for my insurance. How am I mooching exactly?

Why do you want that?

yes, "pay".

It's pretty clear now you have no point and just want to call people names.

Go for it!

Where has there ever been a successful healthcare system that didn't have government involved? Our system is already the most privatized system of any 1st world country. So where is your proof?

We should be buying our health insurance the same way we buy our auto, home, and life insurance. I should be able to pick up the phone and call ANY insurance company in the country, and order the health insurance options that I want.

This would give me far more leverage than we have now. You are hostage to whatever single insurance company plan your employer offers you. And a small employer has zero leverage with an insurance company. And the insurance company's leverage is weakened by being forced to work with a limited number of health care providers.

Employer-sponsored health insurance drives the health care cost curve UP!

What's more, the government has weaseled its way into the health care market and GETS TO WRITE THE RULES FOR ITS COMPETITORS.

How's that been working out? Skyrocketing health insurance costs that have been outpacing inflation for decades.

And now, with ObamaCare, the government has taken over your health care even more. It tells you what you must buy, it is the gatekeeper to the exchange you must buy your insurance from if you can't get it at work, and it is the gatekeeper that decides which insurers get to be listed on the exchange.

"Sorry, you didn't contribute enough campaign cash to our committee."

yes, "pay".

It's pretty clear now you have no point and just want to call people names.

Go for it!

Considering your posts are nothing but "Yay single payer" and nothing else, my responses are appropriate.

We should be buying our health insurance the same way we buy our auto, home, and life insurance. I should be able to pick up the phone and call ANY insurance company in the country, and order the health insurance options that I want.

This would give me far more leverage than we have now. You are hostage to whatever single insurance company plan your employer offers you. And a small employer has zero leverage with an insurance company. And the insurance company's leverage is weakened by being forced to work with a limited number of health care providers.

Employer-sponsored health insurance drives the health care cost curve UP!

What's more, the government has weaseled its way into the health care market and GETS TO WRITE THE RULES FOR ITS COMPETITORS.

How's that been working out?

And now, with ObamaCare, the government has taken over your health care even more. It tells you what you must buy, it is the gatekeeper to the exchange you must buy your insurance from if you can't get it at work, and it is the gatekeeper that decides which insurers get to be listed on the exchange.

"Sorry, you didn't contribute enough campaign cash to our committee."
You can still pick up the phone and get health insurance. You've always been able to do that. My insurer has always taken pre existing conditions. You just have to research it which many people won't do.

I do so wish I was rich enough to have a private physician though. It was so much better in the old days when everyone did just that.

ObamaCare was a classic bait and switch con.

That whole "not one dime" thing about deficits. That whole thing about bending the cost curve down. You had dumb rubes parroting propaganda about the US having the highest per capita health care costs in the Universe with the plain implication that ObamaCare would change that.

And yet there were obvious provisions which made it screamingly obvious ObamaCare had nothing to do with bending the cost curve downward. The employer mandate was the dead giveaway. And Obama personally pencil whipping the floor at which Cadillac plans would be taxed, raising it higher than at what the Democrats in Congress had set it.

Obama lied when he said BEFORE ACA was passed:
“I don’t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans don’t have health insurance coverage today. In the wealthiest nation on Earth, 46 million of our fellow citizens have no coverage.”

THE MYTH OF THE 46 MILLION
The truth behind everybody's favorite health care statistic.
The Myth of the 46 Million

Then he lied when he said: ""Up to half of all Americans have a pre-existing condition," Half would be 155 million people of the then 310 million.
Another grossly wrong outright lie! This gave the impression 155 million Americans were not able to get insurance!
1) 85% of Americans have coverage... that means 266 million so where in the hell did Obama come up with "half"?
2) Facts: a total of LESS THEN 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.
Obama's Pre-existing Conditions Whopper

But remember Obama KNEW he had to lie and he counted on as his Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber who said that lack of transparency was a major part of getting Obamacare passed because “the stupidity of the American voter” would have killed the law if more people knew what was in it.
Obamacare Architect: Lack of Transparency Was Key Because ‘Stupidity Of The American Voter’ Would Have Killed Obamacare

So Obamacare was constructed out of lies and it was NEVER NEVER NECESSARY!

Forum List

Back