Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

The Hobby Lobby issue is proving how stupid libtarfs are.

10488148_723071127739473_2937816307852682164_n.jpg

[

Which explains why no one form any foreign country ever comes here to get health care.

They come here to get expensive treatments most of us don't have access to because our insurance companies won't pay for it.

Meanwhile, people sneak into Canada to get free prescription meds for routine things.

Why come here if all those other countries have better medical care than we do?

By the way, even Obama said that people should be able to pay for extra stuff if they want, did you miss the memo?

[

Which explains why no one form any foreign country ever comes here to get health care.

They come here to get expensive treatments most of us don't have access to because our insurance companies won't pay for it.

Meanwhile, people sneak into Canada to get free prescription meds for routine things.

Which treatments do they get, be more specific.
I know Canadians come to our town for MRI's which they have to wait for in Canada.
We have more MRI machines in the US than the rest of the world has total.

I'm just curious as to what treatments you speak of that our insurance won't pay for?

[

I know Canadians come to our town for MRI's which they have to wait for in Canada.

I'm just curious as to what treatments you speak of that our insurance won't pay for?

And AMericans sneak into Canada to get prescription drugs.

I think what horrifies you guys about Canada is that everyone gets the same level of treatment, whether they be rich or poor. It's based on need, not wealth.

I think what horrifies you guys about Canada is that everyone gets the same level of treatment, whether they be rich or poor. It's based on need, not wealth.

I can only assume you were lying when you said that insurance companies won't pay for the "treatments" the Canadians are paying for in this country.:eusa_whistle:

With such good treatment there a person has to wonder why private clinics are making a comeback in Canada.:eusa_hand:

"Gimme, gimme, gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

Acceding to this constant demand is how we have now arrived to the point where there are dipshits who actually believe it is okay to force someone else to give them something, and if that someone else resists, they are intruding into the lives of the dipshits.

Incredible. Absolutely incredible.
If health insurance is provided as a benefit, the whole of health should be covered. to exclude portions due to some ham handed religious 'mandate' is, in essence forcing someone else's 'religion' upon others. And where in the Bible does it mention contraception? That topic is brought up in tent revivals, not scripture.

It is covered under the 'thou shalt not kill' amendment in the Bible.

What do you mean? My observation was that employers have no means of saying what is best for you. All they get to decide is what kind of insurance they offer as compensation for employment. And you don't have to accept what they offer. Do you really see yourself as powerless to resist the desires of employers. You can san "no" to them. You realize that, right?

the problem with this argument is plentiful.

First and foremost is, Hobby Lobby had no problem with these forms of contraception UNTIL the mandate came out, and they volunteered to be the test case for challenging this mandate by the religious kooks.

Hobby Lobby also has no problem buying 93% of its merchandise from China, where abortion is mandatory for women who have exceeded their one child limit.

Third, most of us really don't find out what our insurance covers until we try to get treatment.
So you're saying you're too fucking stupid to read and ask questions.

Gotta say, that's no surprise.

It does.

It just has no business dictating what companies can decline to cover, such as abortion pills. The government shouldn't be allowing the tyranny of private enterprise to oppress We the People in such an overt fashion.

If I want to work for someone who offers me insurance without contraception coverage, or for that matter doesn't offer me insurance at all, it should me between me and my employers. It's really no one else's business.

Actually, it IS someone else's business--namely the government's--due to the very reason you yourself posted in this thread:

Employer's don't have any say in what medical treatment is best for you.

Employers that provide insurance have a responsibility to cover whatever their workers say they need, regardless of how butthurt or confused it makes said employer.

Abortions are a humyn ryght, as are the pills that induce them. Deal with it.

I will mention to my boss that I want a health insurance policy with zero deductible that pays for everything and I want him to pay for it. And, I will use the words because I need it. What do you think the odds are that he will say OK?

Senate Democrats are expediting legislation that would override the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case and compel for-profit employers to cover the full range of contraception for their employees, as required by the Affordable Care Act.

The bill, which is co-authored by Sens. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Mark Udall (D-Colo.), would ban for-profit companies from refusing to cover any federally guaranteed health benefits for religious reasons, including all 20 forms of contraception detailed in the Affordable Care Act. It would preserve the contraception mandate's current exemption for churches and accommodation for non-profit religious organizations, such as certain hospitals and schools.

A Senate aide told HuffPost that the bill will be introduced as soon as Tuesday night and go directly to the Senate floor as early as next week, without being considered in committee.

"The U.S. Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision opened the door to unprecedented corporate intrusion into our private lives. Coloradans understand that women should never have to ask their bosses for a permission slip to access common forms of birth control or other critical health services," Udall said in a statement. "My common-sense proposal will keep women's private health decisions out of corporate board rooms, because your boss shouldn't be able to dictate what is best for you and your family."

MORE: Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

Sounds good. Get it done.

What odds do you give that it the bill will pass in the House?

If I want to work for someone who offers me insurance without contraception coverage, or for that matter doesn't offer me insurance at all, it should me between me and my employers. It's really no one else's business.

Actually, it IS someone else's business--namely the government's--due to the very reason you yourself posted in this thread:

Employers that provide insurance have a responsibility to cover whatever their workers say they need, regardless of how butthurt or confused it makes said employer.

I will mention to my boss that I want a health insurance policy with zero deductible that pays for everything and I want him to pay for it. And, I will use the words because I need it. What do you think the odds are that he will say OK?
According to Joe the Dumbass Commie, you shouldn't hesitate to get violent. That will convince your employer to give you what you want.

Is that a fact? Please explain why so damned many Canuks run across the border to see American Doctors.......

:D

I think he will laugh at you, right before you are terminated. Why the hell should YOU get that kind of treatment when your damned boss doesn't have it?? :D

Is that a fact? Please explain why so damned many Canuks run across the border to see American Doctors.......

Rich canadians do, because they don't want to wait for a FEW things. Do you want a diagram? We won't have any wait to get an MRI anytime soon. We're drowning in them lol...

Kiss my ass.:lol: I'm really not fucking kidding here.

We just had a big deal up here about our helicopter rescue. The NDP in Winnipeg wanted to cut off service to rural areas.

Grab this. I heard this on Adler. The asshole from the government actually said that if they denied rescue service to us in the hinterlands they could save more people in the city.

Holy mother trucking toledo! he actually said it. I've had my emergency room shut down for the past few years and my funeral home is closer than my ER.

Anyone want to argue the Canuck health care system with me...........hell's bells meet me in the bullring.

Look I'm a creative soul and one that has been at this health care bullshit for some time.

Grab yourself. I love the French system the best. Seconded only by Sweden. I'm not an idiot. If something works freaking replicate it.

Two tier is the way to go. These successful systems are out there. This is why I have fought so long and hard against the bullshit known as Obamacare.

I have fought against my own trying to make them understand the two tier system that really does work .

Rich canadians do, because they don't want to wait for a FEW things. Do you want a diagram? We won't have any wait to get an MRI anytime soon. We're drowning in them lol...

Last time I had an MRI ordered it took 45 minutes from the time the doctor told me I needed it until I was in the room, how long do you have to wait again?

Last edited:
The biggest reason why the Labor Movement is failing is that it forgot how to use violence to achieve its ends.
Yeah, the good ol days. Remember those days when companies would crack open the heads of union thugs! Bet you relished that violence as well.

the Union guys eventually won. We were all better off for it. Even the rich, who found well paid workers made better product and had money to buy products. SO yeah. That's fine with me.
Dodged the question, eh coward?

You brought violence into it, and for your edification. The Unions did not win it because of their violence, but because of the law.

But if your fine with violence, don't come whining to anyone when it finds you.

What do you mean? My observation was that employers have no means of saying what is best for you. All they get to decide is what kind of insurance they offer as compensation for employment. And you don't have to accept what they offer. Do you really see yourself as powerless to resist the desires of employers. You can san "no" to them. You realize that, right?

the problem with this argument is plentiful.

First and foremost is, Hobby Lobby had no problem with these forms of contraception UNTIL the mandate came out, and they volunteered to be the test case for challenging this mandate by the religious kooks.

Hobby Lobby also has no problem buying 93% of its merchandise from China, where abortion is mandatory for women who have exceeded their one child limit.

Third, most of us really don't find out what our insurance covers until we try to get treatment.
So you're saying you're too fucking stupid to read and ask questions.

Gotta say, that's no surprise.

Uh, no. Have you ever read an insurance policy? It's written specifically so most people CAN'T understand them, with enough loopholes to cover the insurance company and give them a lot of wiggle room.

But hey, if a big corporation can't abuse a $9.00 an hour cashier, what's the fun in that?

Yeah, the good ol days. Remember those days when companies would crack open the heads of union thugs! Bet you relished that violence as well.

the Union guys eventually won. We were all better off for it. Even the rich, who found well paid workers made better product and had money to buy products. SO yeah. That's fine with me.
Dodged the question, eh coward?

You brought violence into it, and for your edification. The Unions did not win it because of their violence, but because of the law.

But if your fine with violence, don't come whining to anyone when it finds you.

No, they won because of violence. THis is what you guys don't seem to get. The Labor Movement was a pretty violent struggle, but eventually, people realized the plutocrats were in the wrong.

Forum List

Back