Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

Is that a fact? Please explain why so damned many Canuks run across the border to see American Doctors.......

Rich canadians do, because they don't want to wait for a FEW things. Do you want a diagram? We won't have any wait to get an MRI anytime soon. We're drowning in them lol...

Last time I had an MRI ordered it took 45 minutes from the time the doctor told me I needed it until I was in the room, how long do you have to wait again?

I'm sure the doctors couldn't wait to see what your brain looked like under an MRI, crazy dude.

I had to fight with Cigna for about four months to get one for my knee, though.

[

Kiss my ass.:lol: I'm really not fucking kidding here.

We just had a big deal up here about our helicopter rescue. The NDP in Winnipeg wanted to cut off service to rural areas.

Grab this. I heard this on Adler. The asshole from the government actually said that if they denied rescue service to us in the hinterlands they could save more people in the city.

Holy mother trucking toledo! he actually said it. I've had my emergency room shut down for the past few years and my funeral home is closer than my ER.

Anyone want to argue the Canuck health care system with me...........hell's bells meet me in the bullring.

Is the bull ring even still open?

Canada spends less, they have a longer life expectancy and a lower infant mortality rate .
Canada vs. US Health Care Systems - Debunking Canadian Health Care Myths - AARP

Myth #1: Canadians are flocking to the United States to get medical care.

How many times have you heard that Canadians, frustrated by long wait times and rationing where they live, come to the United States for medical care?

I don’t deny that some well-off people might come to the United States for medical care. If I needed a heart or lung transplant, there’s no place I’d rather have it done. But for the vast, vast majority of people, that’s not happening.

The most comprehensive study I’ve seen on this topic — it employed three different methodologies, all with solid rationales behind them — was published in the peer-reviewed journal Health Affairs.

The authors of the study started by surveying 136 ambulatory care facilities near the U.S.-Canada border in Michigan, New York and Washington. It makes sense that Canadians crossing the border for care would favor places close by, right? It turns out, however, that about 80 percent of such facilities saw, on average, fewer than one Canadian per month; about 40 percent had seen none in the preceding year.

And progressives wonder why people say they're violent psychopaths...

You do NOT have the right to assault people and damage other people's property because you don't get your way.

Good Gaea, I wish progressives would grow the fuck up. Bunch of stupid spoiled brats -- nothing more.

Guy, again, the only reason why we have a middle class today is because our great-grandparents were willing to use violence to get things like safe work places, no child labor, weekends off, fair wages.

The 1%ers have no problem using violence against us.

The 1% has never used violence on anyone.

Aahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

More debunking of the myth about Canadian Medical Refugees.

Phantoms In The Snow: Canadians? Use Of Health Care Services In The United States

If we extrapolate these findings (assuming that nonrespondents show a pattern similar to that of respondents), these facilities in the three large metropolitan areas combined saw approximately 640 Canadian patients for diagnostic radiology services such as computed tomography (CT) scans or MRI and 270 patients for eye procedures such as cataract surgery over a one-year period. By comparison, the annual volume for CT scans and cataract extractions averaged about 80,000 and 25,000 procedures, respectively, in British Columbia alone during the mid-1990s.9 In Quebec the annual volume during the same period for CT scans and MRI averaged 375,000 procedures and 44,000 procedures, respectively.10

Over the five-year observation period from 1994 to 1998, 2,031 patients identified as Canadians were admitted to hospitals in Michigan; 1,689 to hospitals in New York State; and 825 to hospitals in Washington State. During the same period, annual inpatient admissions to hospitals within the bordering provinces of Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia averaged about 1 million, 600,000, and 350,000, respectively.12 Thus, Canadian hospitalizations in the three U.S. states represented 2.3 per 1,000 total admissions in the three Canadian provinces. Furthermore, emergency/urgent admissions and admissions related to pregnancy and birth constituted about 80 percent of the stateside admissions. Elective admissions were a small proportion of total cases in all three states: 14 percent in Michigan; 20 percent in New York; and 17 percent in Washington.

the Union guys eventually won. We were all better off for it. Even the rich, who found well paid workers made better product and had money to buy products. SO yeah. That's fine with me.
Dodged the question, eh coward?

You brought violence into it, and for your edification. The Unions did not win it because of their violence, but because of the law.

But if your fine with violence, don't come whining to anyone when it finds you.

No, they won because of violence. THis is what you guys don't seem to get. The Labor Movement was a pretty violent struggle, but eventually, people realized the plutocrats were in the wrong.

The labor movement began as a fine means of raising awareness among employees that they weren't slaves, and shouldn't accept being treated as such. But it was co-opted as a means of controlling them, turning to government and law to put the workers 'in their place'. Now, labor has accepted the slave role and merely lobbies for better treatment.

Last edited:
[

The labor movement began as a fine means of raising awareness among employees that the weren't slave, and shouldn't accept being treated as such. But it was co-opted as a means of controlling them, turning to government and law to put the workers 'in their place'. Now, labor has accepted the slave role and merely lobbies for better treatment.

I do think part of the problem with the labor movement is that it's depending on government to do its work for them, and government does these things badly, especially when Republicans are in charge.

But big business has been waging a 40 year war on the labor movement, and the labor movement has gone into defensive mode, which never works.

When you get shit like WalMart telling its workers how to apply for food stamps and medicare because they aren't being paid enough, then you know you have a problem.

Actually, it IS someone else's business--namely the government's--due to the very reason you yourself posted in this thread:

Employers that provide insurance have a responsibility to cover whatever their workers say they need, regardless of how butthurt or confused it makes said employer.

Abortions are a humyn ryght, as are the pills that induce them. Deal with it.

I will mention to my boss that I want a health insurance policy with zero deductible that pays for everything and I want him to pay for it. And, I will use the words because I need it. What do you think the odds are that he will say OK?

:D

I think he will laugh at you, right before you are terminated. Why the hell should YOU get that kind of treatment when your damned boss doesn't have it?? :D

But Liberal Media told me this: "Employers that provide insurance have a responsibility to cover whatever their workers say they need, regardless of how butthurt or confused it makes said employer." Is he/she rather full of it? LOL

the problem with this argument is plentiful.

First and foremost is, Hobby Lobby had no problem with these forms of contraception UNTIL the mandate came out, and they volunteered to be the test case for challenging this mandate by the religious kooks.

Hobby Lobby also has no problem buying 93% of its merchandise from China, where abortion is mandatory for women who have exceeded their one child limit.

Third, most of us really don't find out what our insurance covers until we try to get treatment.
So you're saying you're too fucking stupid to read and ask questions.

Gotta say, that's no surprise.

Uh, no. Have you ever read an insurance policy? It's written specifically so most people CAN'T understand them, with enough loopholes to cover the insurance company and give them a lot of wiggle room.

But hey, if a big corporation can't abuse a $9.00 an hour cashier, what's the fun in that?
So reading is haaaard!

Good Gaea, you're a pussy. :doubt:

the problem with this argument is plentiful.

First and foremost is, Hobby Lobby had no problem with these forms of contraception UNTIL the mandate came out, and they volunteered to be the test case for challenging this mandate by the religious kooks.

Hobby Lobby also has no problem buying 93% of its merchandise from China, where abortion is mandatory for women who have exceeded their one child limit.

Third, most of us really don't find out what our insurance covers until we try to get treatment.
So you're saying you're too fucking stupid to read and ask questions.

Gotta say, that's no surprise.

Uh, no. Have you ever read an insurance policy? It's written specifically so most people CAN'T understand them, with enough loopholes to cover the insurance company and give them a lot of wiggle room.

But hey, if a big corporation can't abuse a $9.00 an hour cashier, what's the fun in that?

I guess I am smarter that anyone you know, in my world most insurance policies are pretty easy to understand. They spell out what they will ,and what they will not cover, in plain language. The only people I ever met who had a problem were the ones that didn't read the policy before they paid for it.

Rich canadians do, because they don't want to wait for a FEW things. Do you want a diagram? We won't have any wait to get an MRI anytime soon. We're drowning in them lol...

Last time I had an MRI ordered it took 45 minutes from the time the doctor told me I needed it until I was in the room, how long do you have to wait again?

I'm sure the doctors couldn't wait to see what your brain looked like under an MRI, crazy dude.

Why don't I believe that?

Oh, because you never post the truth.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I had to fight with Cigna for about four months to get one for my knee

Yes, Joe's a liar. What's he even talking about? You just go to the doctor, get the MRI and file a claim. Who goes to their insurance company and asks for an MRI for their knee first? He's not only a liar, but a shallow and obvious one.

Is that a fact? Please explain why so damned many Canuks run across the border to see American Doctors.......

That's a myth. They really don't. Less than 1% of Canadians use US Health Facilities. See the link I posted above.

I couldn't care less aboot your bullshit links. Question: Do Canadiens come across the border for Doctors? Yes or no. Iy's a simple question. Now answer it.

That's a myth. They really don't. Less than 1% of Canadians use US Health Facilities. See the link I posted above.

I couldn't care less aboot your bullshit links. Question: Do Canadiens come across the border for Doctors? Yes or no. Iy's a simple question. Now answer it.

doesn't matter if you can't afford a doctor.

yes or no?

doesn't matter if you can't afford a doctor.

yes or no?

I wouldn't know. I can afford my Doctors. What does that have to do with Foreign Nationals coming to America for medical care?

Like the idiots point that less that 1% of Canadiens come to America for medical care. I would imagine that using his stats - less that 1% of the American public go to Canada for cheap(er) drugs. But Americans readily ADMIT to that.

I had to fight with Cigna for about four months to get one for my knee

Yes, Joe's a liar. What's he even talking about? You just go to the doctor, get the MRI and file a claim. Who goes to their insurance company and asks for an MRI for their knee first? He's not only a liar, but a shallow and obvious one.

Uh, I wasn't going in for a very expensive MRI unless i knew these cheap fucks were going to pay for it in advance.

They insisted I try "physical therapy" first.

Believe what you want, crazy-man. Frankly, you're as nutty as an outhouse rat, so I don't care what you believe.

Not a signifigant amount to make me not think we need to keep the status quo.

Too wit- 1% of rich Canadians who don't want to share a hospital room.

or

25% of Americans who have no insurance or inadequate insurance.

It's an easy choice if you're a decent human being.

Not a signifigant amount to make me not think we need to keep the status quo.

Too wit- 1% of rich Canadians who don't want to share a hospital room.

or

25% of Americans who have no insurance or inadequate insurance.

It's an easy choice if you're a decent human being.
Especially one who owns a lot of insurance industry stock.

Forum List

Back