Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

No one is trying to tell women anything about what to do with their bodies.

Yeah, they are.

They are being denied the birth control of choice because the Greens think abortion offends their Imaginary Sky Pixie.

No one is being denied anything.

Liar.

They worked for health care. They are being denied what they worked for.

Case closed.

NO, but seriously, you guys need to totally run on the "Wear a Chastity Belt, you Slut" platform. It worked so well for you in 2012.

Yeah, they are.

They are being denied the birth control of choice because the Greens think abortion offends their Imaginary Sky Pixie.

Liar.

Case closed.

NO, but seriously, you guys need to totally run on the "Wear a Chastity Belt, you Slut" platform. It worked so well for you in 2012.
You'll have to point out where the SCOTUS decision says the women can't buy the four products on their own.

And you're still a liar.

Liar.

Case closed.

You'll have to point out where the SCOTUS decision says the women can't buy the four products on their own.

And you're still a liar.

I think you are deliberately ignoring practical effects.

A Cashier at Hobby Lobby makes $9.00 a hour. Or $18,000 a year before taxes. After you deduct rent and food and utilities, she doesn't have money left over for birth control.

That's why she's working for a company like Hobby Lobby, which provides insurance in lieu of pay.

Case closed.

And you're still a liar.

A Cashier at Hobby Lobby makes $9.00 a hour. Or $18,000 a year before taxes. After you deduct rent and food and utilities, she doesn't have money left over for birth control.

That's why she's working for a company like Hobby Lobby, which provides insurance in lieu of pay.
HL's insurance offers 16 different kinds of birth control.

You really have no argument.

1213k0x.jpg

And you're still a liar.

But there are 20 kinds available, and the four they DON'T allow might be the best applicaitons in some cases.

And Hobby Lobby isn't a doctor.

I've had about as much "Freedom" as I can stand, thank you.

Yep.

Some people are afraid of being free, we can't help them, all we can do is marginalize them so they don't have the power to take away our freedom.

guy, it isn't an issue of "Freedom". Letting rich people take something away from me after I've worked for it doesn't make me any freer.

As I've said, whenever I hear one of you wingnuts assholes talk about "Freedom", what you usually mean is "The ability of people with money to abuse people without money".

You guys don't believe in freedom, you believe in the perquisites of the wealthy. You think the backwards ass Bronze Age superstitions of rich people should trump the right of women to get appropriate medical care.

This isn't Freedom, guy.

All I can add to this is - indeed.

Bravo!

When have liberals ever said the misogyny in Islamic Countries is a good thing?

I mean, I know you guys like to throw these pictures up to justify how badly Bush fucked up Iran and Afghanistan, but we didn't make any effort to change these cultures why we were there. There wasn't an army of Christian Missionairies telling these Mulsims about the slightly less misogynist God-Man of Christianity.

If these Muslims weren't abusing their women on top of billions of barrels of oil, you would not give two shits about them and you know it.

Some people are afraid of being free, we can't help them, all we can do is marginalize them so they don't have the power to take away our freedom.

guy, it isn't an issue of "Freedom". Letting rich people take something away from me after I've worked for it doesn't make me any freer.

As I've said, whenever I hear one of you wingnuts assholes talk about "Freedom", what you usually mean is "The ability of people with money to abuse people without money".

You guys don't believe in freedom, you believe in the perquisites of the wealthy. You think the backwards ass Bronze Age superstitions of rich people should trump the right of women to get appropriate medical care.

This isn't Freedom, guy.

Actually it is. But if you can conceive of a "right of women to get appropriate medical care", if that actually makes sense to you, I'm not sure we can get far in discussing it.

But there are 20 kinds available, and the four they DON'T allow might be the best applicaitons in some cases.

And Hobby Lobby isn't a doctor.

They shouldn't fund ANY birth control at all, period.

Pregnancy is not a "disease" that needs controlled. Further, birth control is not an expensive thing. It can be purchased very cheaply.

Why should I be forced to pay for someone else who is not even sick, who simply wants to go out and have sex without consequences on my dime?

You want to go out and have a good time, fine. You pay for it yourself.

[

Pregnancy is not a "disease" that needs controlled. Further, birth control is not an expensive thing. It can be purchased very cheaply.

Why should I be forced to pay for someone else who is not even sick, who simply wants to go out and have sex without consequences on my dime?

except that it isn't on "your dime".

Hobby Lobby does not give out health coverage out of goodness. They give it out because the value of the labor or that employee covers her salary, insurance and other costs. In short, that young worker produces the money that pays for that insurance.

IN short, she's already worked or paid for that birth control, you are asking her to pay for it a second time.

and I will go one further. Most young people do not require $5000 of health treatments a year. If you gave them that money in a lump sum and encouraged them to buy their own insurance, this wouldn't be an issue. Of course, the Private Health Care market would collapse in about five years, as the young would only buy cheap policies and the old couldn't get policies at anything less than an exhorbitant price.

So the young worker is essentially subsidizing the rest of us.

[

except that it isn't on "your dime".

Hobby Lobby does not give out health coverage out of goodness. They give it out because the value of the labor or that employee covers her salary, insurance and other costs. In short, that young worker produces the money that pays for that insurance.

IN short, she's already worked or paid for that birth control, you are asking her to pay for it a second time.

and I will go one further. Most young people do not require $5000 of health treatments a year. If you gave them that money in a lump sum and encouraged them to buy their own insurance, this wouldn't be an issue. Of course, the Private Health Care market would collapse in about five years, as the young would only buy cheap policies and the old couldn't get policies at anything less than an exhorbitant price.

So the young worker is essentially subsidizing the rest of us.

When people rack up insurance claims, for their weekend flings, those insurance claims end up driving up insurance premiums, which filter right back down to ME and other premium payers.

It is my dime. That policy indirectly costs me money. When my company has to pay a higher price for insurance, they too end up passing that cost down to ME and other premium payers, by increase the amount of the total insurance policy I have to pay.

Further, employers pay employees less in wages, to cover the cost of health care.

Today the total number of firms offering employees health insurance is now only 57%, the lowest it's been in 15 years.

2013 Summary of Findings | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Before, most place had very low deductibles. Now 38% of all company plans have deductibles over $1,000.

The cost of these "pay for my everything" Obama care requirements are being passed on to the customer, as all regulations are.

*YOU* are paying for this. Not Hobby Lobby. Not your company. *YOU* are. And *WE* are.

Where you people get off living in this mythical world where we are not paying for stuff is beyond me.

Democrats playing games again folks

they know this won't go anywhere

and if it does you all should be damn worried about your FREEDOMS

Forum List

Back