Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

Yanno.......................the far right is very much against abortions, even if they happen in the early state.

Contraception (even with the morning after pill) isn't abortion, because the fertilized egg never has a chance to latch on to the uterus.

Wanna stop abortions? Make sure that every woman has access to contraception.

That's a nice liberal definition ya got going there.
The religious interpretation is different than yours and that's why we had the ruling.

That's because most people don't realize the door that case opened regarding potential future religious objections.

The law has been on the books for over 20 years. What, exactly, am I supposed to be afraid of that hasn't already happened in those 20 years?

Because we never had the court making this kind of bizarre interpretation of the law before.

Why is it bizarre? Explain, in detail, the reasoning of your argument, and use previous court precedents to make your point. Feel free to cite dissenting opinions and amicus curiae filings to back up your argument

Want to know the difference between us, I can actually back up my argument using the above criteria, all you will do is spout nonsense.

Not buying your agenda driven source, Lacky.
The hoopla is just politics.....in an election year and the dems are scrambling.
HL, GOP is not changing the minds of the independents and the repubs in this matter because they know it's BS.

We're mostly talking about the minds of women.

And you,being a male, are an expert on women.

I mean that for a long time there's been a signifigant amount of men who have been more vocal in the support of women's issues than have a signifigant amount of women.

I've had a complete change of heart on this issue.

I now believe the government should force all businesses regardless of size to provide coverage that provides birth control for some women.
Furthermore, I think the government should provide free birth control for some women that are not employed.

There would be just one requirement. All women seeking this coverage must prove they are genuine liberals.

As I've always said, the best thing about liberals is they have few children. I would like to make sure that that pattern continues.

Why is it bizarre? Explain, in detail, the reasoning of your argument, and use previous court precedents to make your point. Feel free to cite dissenting opinions and amicus curiae filings to back up your argument

Want to know the difference between us, I can actually back up my argument using the above criteria, all you will do is spout nonsense.

It found a corporate documents has more rights than a citizen.

That's truly bizarre.

That's truly bizarre.

It did not.

Even if it did, I can site well over 100 years of legal decisions that say corporations have rights, and those rights sometimes negatively impact individuals how enter into contracts with corporations. The empoyees of Hobby Lobby entered into a contract, and the government does not have unilateral power to rewrite contracts.

Last edited:

That's truly bizarre.

It did not.

Even if it did, I can site well over 100 years of legal decisions that say corporations have rights, and those rights sometimes negatively impact individuals how enter into contracts with corporations. The empoyees of Hobby Lobby entered into a contract, and the government does not have unilateral power to rewrite contracts.

Actually, the government rewrites contracts all the time. Do you know what I'm doing this week? I'm asking 200 of my vendors to confirm that they are not using metals purchased from the Congo because of a part of the Dodd-Frank act that says we can't buy metals from places where there are wars going on.

I guess maybe we should tell them that our Great God Ugga-Booga demands we buy gold from the Congo, and therefore we should be able to ignore this law.

Honestly, because that's about as moral and logical as letting Hobby Lobby tell a lady what she can stick in her hoo-ha.

It's over, give it up. You lost in the SCOTUS, you lost in the Senate that YOU control. Game. Set. Match.

Guy, you are missing the point.

What the GOP is saying - again - is that religious crazies should be able to tell women what to do with their own lady parts.

The Democrats need to keep talking about this, because it's only a matter of time before we get one of you guys making a statement like "Legitimate Rape" or "Gift from God" rape.

2Pt1F.gif

It's over, give it up. You lost in the SCOTUS, you lost in the Senate that YOU control. Game. Set. Match.

What the GOP is saying - again - is that religious crazies should be able to tell women what to do with their own lady parts.

Fine. That's your point. And I'll grant you that, for some of them anyway, that's true. But that's not what the Hobby Lobby case is about.

And that's why....
The Democrats need to keep talking about this, because it's only a matter of time before we get one of you guys making a statement like "Legitimate Rape" or "Gift from God" rape.

Exactly. It's politically important that the Democrats steer people from thinking about the actual ideological issues at the heart of this case.

Fine. That's your point. And I'll grant you that, for some of them anyway, that's true. But that's not what the Hobby Lobby case is about.

And that's why....

Exactly. It's politically important that the Democrats steer people from thinking about the actual ideological issues at the heart of this case.

the ideological issue on this case is clear.

Using religion to rationalize misogyny.

You have to engage in some hefty mental gymnastics to find anti- contraception or anti-abortion verses in the bible.

So are we going to have a rule now that you don't have to follow laws you don't like if you can prove they "offend" your religion?

And that's why....

You have to engage in some hefty mental gymnastics to find anti- contraception or anti-abortion verses in the bible.

So are we going to have a rule now that you don't have to follow laws you don't like if you can prove they "offend" your religion?

Well, yeah... that's the horseshit they (and apparently, you) are selling. But no, it's got nothing to do with it. The Hobby Lobby case is about how much power the government has to dictate our economic decisions. In this case, an employers decision as to how to compensate their employees. It's unfortunate that it's only addressing the isolated case of religious objections, and even more unfortunate that they chose to resolve it by extending special privileges, rather than protecting universal rights.

The real problem here is the expansive interpretation of the commerce clause. We really blew it there. General freedom can't exist without economic freedom.

Last edited:

I now believe the government should force all businesses regardless of size to provide coverage that provides birth control for some women.
Furthermore, I think the government should provide free birth control for some women that are not employed.

There would be just one requirement. All women seeking this coverage must prove they are genuine liberals.

As I've always said, the best thing about liberals is they have few children. I would like to make sure that that pattern continues.

I guess it's a good thing then that a good portion of cons are genetic mutants unable to reproduce.

2Pt1F.gif

No the GOP is not. Your ignorant argument has been soundly defeated. All it says is that people cannot be forced to provide abortion for free. It does NOTHING to prevent women who want it from getting it.

It's over, your lies have been debunked and you lost. Give it up.

And that's why....

Well, yeah... that's the horseshit they (and apparently, you) are selling. But no, it's got nothing to do with it. The Hobby Lobby case is about how much power the government has to dictate our economic decisions. In this case, an employers decision as to how to compensate their employees. It's unfortunate that it's only addressing the isolated case of religious objections, and even more unfortunate that they chose to resolve it by extending special privileges, rather than protecting universal rights.

The real problem here is the expansive interpretation of the commerce clause. We really blew it there. General freedom can't exist without economic freedom.

It is 100% horse shit. Fortunately, the lies have been defeated.

I guess it's a good thing then that a good portion of cons are genetic mutants unable to reproduce.

Ha ha loser. You lost and you've resorted to childishness. It's always these cases where the lib lies get defeated that brings out a libs ignorant behavior.

Congratulations idiot.

Forum List

Back