Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

So by your logic, if someone is a Satanist who performs human sacrifice, you don't want the government taking way their right to "Freedom of religion"? How about Rastafarians to smoke pot?

I mean, shit, if you want to make it okay to break the law if it offends your religion, I'm all cool with that.

I don't think you'd want to live in that world.
Seriously, Joe, you have literally gone off the cliff with this post.
No one was suggesting what your outlier mind concocted.
Sheesh

Why not?

Honestly, I can see a case for the Rastafarians, they aren't hurting anyone but themselves.

(Let's not forget, the RFRA was enacted because Native Americans kept getting fired for Peyote).

I mean, why not exclude Satanists from murder laws when they perform human sacrifices. If the "Sacrificee" agreed to it, what's the problem?

Just like if you agree to work for Hobby Lobby, you've totally agreed to live by the Religious principles of the Green about what to put in your hoo-ha.

I've already responded to your drivel, Joe.

Seriously, Joe, you have literally gone off the cliff with this post.
No one was suggesting what your outlier mind concocted.
Sheesh

Why not?

Honestly, I can see a case for the Rastafarians, they aren't hurting anyone but themselves.

(Let's not forget, the RFRA was enacted because Native Americans kept getting fired for Peyote).

I mean, why not exclude Satanists from murder laws when they perform human sacrifices. If the "Sacrificee" agreed to it, what's the problem?

Just like if you agree to work for Hobby Lobby, you've totally agreed to live by the Religious principles of the Green about what to put in your hoo-ha.

I've already responded to your drivel, Joe.

Yes, you did.

ANd some day, you might even come up with a response that has some substance, rather than just trolling.

I have faith in you, man!

Um... I'd take government money right now, if you are stupid enough to let me. Absolutely!

If you told me today, that you are going to hand out your hard earned money to anyone who says they need it, I'll send you certified mail, with my "need it" note before the end of the day. I'll take your money, and think you are a moron, the entire time.

You morons on the left, don't seem to grasp this. You can take advantage of a system, that you don't agree with. The two are not mutually exclusive.

You drive up the cost of health insurance, and then are shocked people drop the health care coverage they did have, to get free insurance from the government. Many of those people might even oppose government run health insurance, but because you idiots made private insurance too expensive, we take what we have to. I, myself, am an example of this.

Mr too, the only problem is how shitty they are at approving meds. I have fucking cancer, the chemo makes me nauseous, and Obamacare thinks I only need 10 pills for the entire fucking month, which wouldn't get me through a week.

And Joe thinks he can persuade me how wonderful it is that the government is in charge of my health insurance now.

Serious question: have you tried pot?

Not since I was 20.

I actually have it in pill form, but haven't used it yet. Might next time I have a really bad day.

Women, Hobby Lobby and the GOP: Hell to Pay in November?

Two weeks after the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision allowing corporations to refuse some kinds of birth control coverage for female employees, the brouhaha has not died down. In fact, anger is building among women -- and at precisely the time the Democrats are counting on single females to push them to victory in November.

Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader, promised action to undo the decision, which not only elevates the rights of corporations over those of women, but legitimizes a form of sex discrimination in employment.

One option would be repeal of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, the law on which the decision was based (impossible with a slim Democratic majority and no chance at all in the Republican-controlled House). Instead, a vote was held on Wednesday on whether to consider a measure dubbed the "Not My Boss' Business Act," introduced by Senators Patty Murray (D-WA) and Mark Udall (D-CO). The bill mandates that employers cannot disrupt coverage for contraception or other health services that are guaranteed under federal law. No big surprise -- the GOP blocked the bill from even going forward for debate.

MORE: Women, Hobby Lobby and the GOP: Hell to Pay in November?*|*Martha Burk

Senate Republicans Block Bill To Reverse Hobby Lobby Decision

Yes, the GOP blocked the bill from debate, but women and Democrats may still get some mileage out of the effort.
Not buying your agenda driven source, Lacky.
The hoopla is just politics.....in an election year and the dems are scrambling.
HL, GOP is not changing the minds of the independents and the repubs in this matter because they know it's BS.

We're mostly talking about the minds of women.

Two weeks after the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision allowing corporations to refuse some kinds of birth control coverage for female employees, the brouhaha has not died down. In fact, anger is building among women -- and at precisely the time the Democrats are counting on single females to push them to victory in November.

Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader, promised action to undo the decision, which not only elevates the rights of corporations over those of women, but legitimizes a form of sex discrimination in employment.

One option would be repeal of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, the law on which the decision was based (impossible with a slim Democratic majority and no chance at all in the Republican-controlled House). Instead, a vote was held on Wednesday on whether to consider a measure dubbed the "Not My Boss' Business Act," introduced by Senators Patty Murray (D-WA) and Mark Udall (D-CO). The bill mandates that employers cannot disrupt coverage for contraception or other health services that are guaranteed under federal law. No big surprise -- the GOP blocked the bill from even going forward for debate.

Yes, the GOP blocked the bill from debate, but women and Democrats may still get some mileage out of the effort.
The hoopla is just politics.....in an election year and the dems are scrambling.
HL, GOP is not changing the minds of the independents and the repubs in this matter because they know it's BS.

Hey, little Squaw, I see you LIED about this!

GOP blocked the bill from debate. No surprise.

No blocking, the vote went AGAINST you fucks that want to destroy the Constitution.....you really are a lying, sack of shit!

And you,being a male, are an expert on women.

Obviously much more so than most Republican men.

You do know that most people don't care about the Hobby Lobby decision, don't you? Only the idiots are frothing at the mouth.

That's because most people don't realize the door that case opened regarding potential future religious objections.

As it should...Religion is DIRECTLY MENTIONED in the Constitution, any mention of ABORTION in there?

Really? Aren't you getting paid because of work you did years ago? How are you "Earning" those, exactly?
Because I had a contract with the government. I give them 20 years of my life, and in exchange they give me money for what's left of it.

You don't like it? Tough shit, douchebag. Nothing you can do about it except whine like a little bitch on the internet.

Funny how you don't have the exact same objection to, say, union pensions.

Funny, I had a contract with my employer. It's the one where they said that I work for them, they pay for my medical care.
Bitch impotently about it some more. That's SURE to get you your job back!

You had your chance to get your day in court.

It was too haaaaaaard. :(

Sissy bedwetter.
Incidentally, I don't have a problem with pensions. I have a problem with someone who gets a pension whines about how government spends too much... on the other guy.
No, you stupid lazy Commie douchebag, you're NOT entitled to my pension.

And you,being a male, are an expert on women.

And nobody knows better what the squaw's need more than a fake indian. Shittingbull has these poor little squaw's best interest at heart since they aren't capable of taking care of themselves. Nothing like a fake indian warrior to tell them what they need.

These poor women just need a strong leader like Shittingbull to ride in on his silver...moped. and tell these silly women what they need to know.

Shittingbull doesn't know much about being an indian but he sure knows just as much about being a woman.

You do know that most people don't care about the Hobby Lobby decision, don't you? Only the idiots are frothing at the mouth.

That's because most people don't realize the door that case opened regarding potential future religious objections.

The law has been on the books for over 20 years. What, exactly, am I supposed to be afraid of that hasn't already happened in those 20 years?

Most women know if they work for HL that they have 16 choices of meds to choose from.
Most women can't stand or trust what Pelosi is pushing. You can keep your far left base, but the rest see this for what it is.

Yanno.......................the far right is very much against abortions, even if they happen in the early state.

Contraception (even with the morning after pill) isn't abortion, because the fertilized egg never has a chance to latch on to the uterus.

Wanna stop abortions? Make sure that every woman has access to contraception.

Because I had a contract with the government. I give them 20 years of my life, and in exchange they give me money for what's left of it.

You don't like it? Tough shit, douchebag. Nothing you can do about it except whine like a little bitch on the internet.

Funny how you don't have the exact same objection to, say, union pensions.

Funny, I had a contract with my employer. It's the one where they said that I work for them, they pay for my medical care.
Bitch impotently about it some more. That's SURE to get you your job back!

You had your chance to get your day in court.

It was too haaaaaaard. :(

Sissy bedwetter.

No, it just wasn't worth the trouble. Keep in mind, that company lost 70% of it's employees after the crash, (A sizeable portion of their business was tied to the housing market, which took a dump).

Also, putting my name to a lawsuit is not the way to keep advancing in my career field. The last thing you want in my specialty is a reputation for suing people.

You see, you are mistaking how I handled a problem with what I think policy should be. I handle whatever problems I run into. But I also think policies need to change.

Employer provided health care doesn't work.

Incidentally, I don't have a problem with pensions. I have a problem with someone who gets a pension whines about how government spends too much... on the other guy.
No, you stupid lazy Commie douchebag, you're NOT entitled to my pension.

I'm not asking for your pension for myself guy. But if you are going to insist that the government spends too much money and we are going broke and some rich person might be deprived of a Dressage Horsie if he has to pay his fair share, you need to put your money where your mouth is, give up your pension and get a real job where you are producing something.

At least before you ask some poor family to give up their food stamps.

The law has been on the books for over 20 years. What, exactly, am I supposed to be afraid of that hasn't already happened in those 20 years?

Because we never had the court making this kind of bizarre interpretation of the law before.

Forum List

Back