🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrats fighting to be in charge of your political speech...of course they are...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The democrats want to be the ones to decide how much you can contribute to which politician...and they are more than happy to change the Constitution to do it...

Why Is Al Franken Afraid of Free Speech Power Line

The Democrats’ proposal is sweeping: it would give Congress the power to limit spending and in-kind contributions in all federal elections. (For good measure, it would give state legislatures the power to do the same in state elections.) If the amendment were to pass, Congress could make it impossible to challenge incumbents by setting all spending limits at zero, or some other ridiculously low level. The proposal would also allow Congress to ban books or movies that it thinks might influence voters in the “wrong” direction, e.g., the latest film by Dinesh D’Souza. It is the most outrageous infringement of free speech that has been seriously proposed in the United States since the Alien and Sedition Acts.
Yesterday’s rally was typical Democratic astroturf. There were more reporters present than “demonstrators.” You can barely see Franken at the podium in this photo. Click to enlarge:

Yes it does...so the greedy, corrupt politicians need to be kept away from controlling it...

Yes it does...so the greedy, corrupt politicians need to be kept away from controlling it...
The problem became apparent when corporations were considered individuals, something the Founding Fathers were against...leading to control of govt. by monies backing certain candidates that were swayed to pervert the system to their own benefit..

Here everyone read it for yourself instead of scarfing down partisan dumbassery:

• `Section 1. Congress shall have power to regulate the raising and spending of money and in kind equivalents with respect to Federal elections, including through setting limits on--

• `(1) the amount of contributions to candidates for nomination for election to, or for election to, Federal office; and

• `(2) the amount of expenditures that may be made by, in support of, or in opposition to such candidates.

• `Section 2. A State shall have power to regulate the raising and spending of money and in kind equivalents with respect to State elections, including through setting limits on--

• `(1) the amount of contributions to candidates for nomination for election to, or for election to, State office; and

• `(2) the amount of expenditures that may be made by, in support of, or in opposition to such candidates.

• `Section 3. Congress shall have power to implement and enforce this article by appropriate legislation.'.

They have these laws already. The PAC's creation was a way to circumvent the laws....

Both parties have members that sell out the common citizen for their own gain...

vote democrat, surrender your rights. its as simple as that

So... how happy were you about Republicans creating the DHS and passing the Patriot Act?
about as happy as i was when obama promised to do away with it only to not only extend it but to give it more teeth. but i guess you are just a hypocrite,

So you were happy about something that Obama did? MARK THIS DATE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!!

Both parties have members that sell out the common citizen for their own gain...
right now your boy is the one doing the selling out. i haven't seen you ragging on him though. why is that?

So... how happy were you about Republicans creating the DHS and passing the Patriot Act?
about as happy as i was when obama promised to do away with it only to not only extend it but to give it more teeth. but i guess you are just a hypocrite,

So you were happy about something that Obama did? MARK THIS DATE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!!
Ah now we see why you are so confused all the time.. you can't read.

right now your boy is the one doing the selling out. i haven't seen you ragging on him though. why is that?

Ah now we see why you are so confused all the time.. you can't read.

Oh yea?

"Vote democrat, surrender your rights. That you actually surrendered by voting republican. But Obama won't give them back. So we can blame democrats now. Its as simple as that."

The problem became apparent when corporations were considered individuals, something the Founding Fathers were against...leading to control of govt. by monies backing certain candidates that were swayed to pervert the system to their own benefit..

No that is not right.
It's individuals that own corporations.
United States Supreme Court held that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting independent political expenditures by corporations.

It is our 1st amendment right.

You should be able to contribute to whoever you want as much as you want, as an individual or as a member of a group of individuals...that is freedom of speech...and I use to be for full disclosure of who is donating what to who... but the democrats are targeting private citizens for campaign contributions...so I may reconsider that...

Forum List

Back