Democrats, Liberals, Progressives: NOW What?

While I allow the relief of the elections to wash over me, and now that we have once again said that we don't want a Talk Radio/Qanon presidency (just louder this time), I can't help but wonder what the Democratic Party is going to do.

So, Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, is the party going to (1) try to rise above the ugliness of the last four-plus years and lead ALL of America, or is it going to (2) remain in the Trump mud and do everything it can to shove its entire agenda down our throats?

As for me, I'm hopeful it's (1). And, until further notice, I'm going to be hopeful that Biden has the right experience and temperament for the moment. There are still many moderates from both parties in Congress, so while the Trumpsters are paranoid (as usual) that we're going full commie, that obviously isn't going to happen. But will the Democrats lead as if they can hear ALL voices?

Now what?

We patch up relationships with our allies. I believe there is currently a huge pandemic going on and so far what appears to be a lack luster plan to distribute the vaccine, that will be priority number 1. Infrastructure maybe now we can get an entire week (or more) dedicated to fixing our roads, bridges and even airports (wasn't that something Trump was supposed to do?). Not to mention our energy grid and speaking of that how about we do something serious about climate change and invest in renewable energies to combat a global challenge that will make COVID look simple by comparison. A return to science.

Now what not?

The constant, non-stop droning on of an imbecellic tyrant in training pants. Not sending that tweet, the constant act of not putting any thought into what is said or done because someone had a gut feeling and went on it. A president who doesn't attack and call others un-American over disagreements. Hopefully no longer stripping away children from their families, we may even do a better job of trying to reunite instead of depending on private volunteers and actually take responsibility for a change.

What continues?

Debate, everything and anything under the sun that isn't tied down.
Seems to me that a real danger here is that our standards have fallen so far over the last four years that we won't bother to raise them back up.

This is a huge task for Biden. I'm very hopeful, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Well, of anyone who ran it was Biden who appeared to mostly want to get over the poison that has now infected our politics (well, more so anyway). I don't know if he can do it either and to calm things down requires participation from both sides. Also, it's going to be uniquely difficult because I think the Democrats are going to (rightly IMO) try and kill the filibuster so that things can actually get done. Yes, it's a double edged sword and it's going to appear to be nothing more than political however at this point it's also practical to get rid of it. Or if someone is going to filibuster they actually have to do it ala Mr. Smith Goes to Washington style.

I believe Puerto Rico (and D.C. to a much lesser extent and probably going nowhere) will be knocking on the door for statehood which I feel they deserve. This will also appear to be nothing more than political and play right into our war of allege cultures (comes down to racism and bigotry). So, Biden is going to have to overcome and rise above the fray.

But who knows, I'm very hungover.
, of anyone who ran it was Biden who appeared to mostly want to get over the poison that has now infected our politics

By telling blacks if they dont vote democrst they aint black?

Biden is dripping with poison

well ok

fake moderates got the weak pussy they were clamoring for

lets see how they like it

While I allow the relief of the elections to wash over me, and now that we have once again said that we don't want a Talk Radio/Qanon presidency (just louder this time), I can't help but wonder what the Democratic Party is going to do.

So, Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, is the party going to (1) try to rise above the ugliness of the last four-plus years and lead ALL of America, or is it going to (2) remain in the Trump mud and do everything it can to shove its entire agenda down our throats?

As for me, I'm hopeful it's (1). And, until further notice, I'm going to be hopeful that Biden has the right experience and temperament for the moment. There are still many moderates from both parties in Congress, so while the Trumpsters are paranoid (as usual) that we're going full commie, that obviously isn't going to happen. But will the Democrats lead as if they can hear ALL voices?

Lose the term liberals, it never belonged to the left or at best left the left during the Obama years. The correct terminology is PROGS.

Hell no. They were responsible for the ugliness of the last four years. Stop being an idiot.
One minute you Trumpsters were squealing with glee when he tossed out nasty personal insults and childish name-calling. Day after day after fucking day.

The next minute you're acting like the innocent victim and pointing the finger at those mean Democrats.

Your bullshit has been rejected.

Now what?

We patch up relationships with our allies. I believe there is currently a huge pandemic going on and so far what appears to be a lack luster plan to distribute the vaccine, that will be priority number 1. Infrastructure maybe now we can get an entire week (or more) dedicated to fixing our roads, bridges and even airports (wasn't that something Trump was supposed to do?). Not to mention our energy grid and speaking of that how about we do something serious about climate change and invest in renewable energies to combat a global challenge that will make COVID look simple by comparison. A return to science.

Now what not?

The constant, non-stop droning on of an imbecellic tyrant in training pants. Not sending that tweet, the constant act of not putting any thought into what is said or done because someone had a gut feeling and went on it. A president who doesn't attack and call others un-American over disagreements. Hopefully no longer stripping away children from their families, we may even do a better job of trying to reunite instead of depending on private volunteers and actually take responsibility for a change.

What continues?

Debate, everything and anything under the sun that isn't tied down.
Seems to me that a real danger here is that our standards have fallen so far over the last four years that we won't bother to raise them back up.

This is a huge task for Biden. I'm very hopeful, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Well, of anyone who ran it was Biden who appeared to mostly want to get over the poison that has now infected our politics (well, more so anyway). I don't know if he can do it either and to calm things down requires participation from both sides. Also, it's going to be uniquely difficult because I think the Democrats are going to (rightly IMO) try and kill the filibuster so that things can actually get done. Yes, it's a double edged sword and it's going to appear to be nothing more than political however at this point it's also practical to get rid of it. Or if someone is going to filibuster they actually have to do it ala Mr. Smith Goes to Washington style.

I believe Puerto Rico (and D.C. to a much lesser extent and probably going nowhere) will be knocking on the door for statehood which I feel they deserve. This will also appear to be nothing more than political and play right into our war of allege cultures (comes down to racism and bigotry). So, Biden is going to have to overcome and rise above the fray.

But who knows, I'm very hungover.
, of anyone who ran it was Biden who appeared to mostly want to get over the poison that has now infected our politics

By telling blacks if they dont vote democrst they aint black?

Biden is dripping with poison

well ok

fake moderates got the weak pussy they were clamoring for

lets see how they like it

I'm not a fake moderate, I'm not a moderate at all.

What I am is thoroughly enjoying your anemic, flaccid rage. This board has never been more fun to visit. :auiqs.jpg:

Hell no. They were responsible for the ugliness of the last four years. Stop being an idiot.
One minute you Trumpsters were squealing with glee when he tossed out nasty personal insults and childish name-calling. Day after day after fucking day.

The next minute you're acting like the innocent victim and pointing the finger at those mean Democrats.

Good. Then you won’t mind a fucking bit when we laugh at Bidedumb and Kameltoe ho!

Good. Then you won’t mind a fucking bit when we laugh at Bidedumb and Kameltoe ho!
Well sure. I'd expect nothing else.

The difference between trump and a limp weenie like romney is that trump fights back

your side was more than willing to engage in personal insults against trump voters

Last edited:
The difference between trump and a limp weenie like romney is that trump fights bad

your side was more than willing to engage in personal insults against trump voters
There is no comparison, as much as you would like there to be.

I never said you were

your politics are well known

my comment to you concerned the fake moderates you were making nice with

Oh. :auiqs.jpg:

I love this shit.
Which reminds me

how long will the honeymoon between the politically watered down, wishy-washy moderate Chameleons and the diehard fire breathing far left radicals like you last after trump is gone?

I think what's very likely to happen, once we get past this "vote myself $2000.00" special election, the Dims will lose control of the House and Senate two years from now IF, they try to actually implement their radical plans.

Ha!

your side has been attacking trump voters since before we were trump voters

remember obama and his bitter clinger speech?

or hillary attacking the deplorables?

you folks pretend that trump is your enemy

which he is

but the real object of liberal hate is the republican base

Ha!

your side has been attacking trump voters since before we were trump voters

remember obama and his bitter clinger speech?

or hillary attacking the deplorables?

you folks pretend that trump is your enemy

which he is

but the real object of liberal hate is the republican base
Poor you. Poor Trump. Poor you.

I never said you were

your politics are well known

my comment to you concerned the fake moderates you were making nice with

Oh. :auiqs.jpg:

I love this shit.
Which reminds me

how long will the honeymoon between the politically watered down, wishy-washy moderate Chameleons and the diehard fire breathing far left radicals like you last after trump is gone?

For me personally, I don't expect to agree with Biden all the time, I don't need that sort of approval.

EDIT:A better word is validation. I don't need that sort of validation.

Last edited:
What the far left and moderate personality police - you for instance - mis understand is that just because politics is personal for you, love of country is what drives trump voters

stealing the election is instant gratification for you,

but it will be very bad for future generations after we are gone

Last edited:
What the far left and moderate personality police - you for instance - mis understand is that just because politics is personal for you love of country is what drives trump voters

stealing the election is instant gratification for you,

but it will be very bad for future generations after we are gone
I know you believe what you've been told.

There is nothing I can do about that.

Im not sure why you would expect democrats to rise above their ugliness of the past 4 years, but it isnt going to happen. These people destroyed multiuple cities for Christ sake, and assaulted god knows how many Trump supporters or perceived Trump supporters. They are nasty, violent and destructive.
Uh...with people like the OPs full support too.

Forum List

Back