Democrats lie about recession

You go ahead and believe what you want, fortunately most Americans are a lot smarter than you and know that they are in a recession and the economy is in trouble and they are putting on the brakes. In fact the economy is the biggest worry going into November. Economic issues dominate as top issue for voters, new poll shows

Live recession free and the rest of us will live in reality and not by your political agenda.
Name one other recession that added 3 million jobs in the first 6 months.

Do Americans know what the unemployment rate is?

Because the definition isn’t adequate.
No, we've been using it for a long time and it's worked just fine. It's apparent that you bought into the Quid Pro attempt to redefine words so he can claim we're not in a recession, but it doesn't change reality.

No, we've been using it for a long time and it's worked just fine. It's apparent that you bought into the Quid Pro attempt to redefine words so he can claim we're not in a recession, but it doesn't change reality.
It is and always has been the informal definition. It’s never been the formal definition.

There’s plenty of honest reasons to treat this different than a normal downturn.

Again, a recession, is when the economy recedes, it has receded for the last six months, housing starts are receding, people are spending less and worrying more which leads to more receding of the economy.

Unemployment is a minor sign as is inflation, interest and other factors. The main factor is the economy is receding, that is the definition of a recession, a receding economy.

Again, believe as you need, most of America is worried about the economy, because no matter what party you belong to, the economy always wins out.

Doesn't matter, most Americans are worried about the economy, it is not headed in the right direction unless you are a tool for the Democratic Party, then you tow your party line. The rest of America is in tune with the economy, you aren't.

Again, a recession, is when the economy recedes, it has receded for the last six months, housing starts are receding, people are spending less and worrying more which leads to more receding of the economy.

Unemployment is a minor sign as is inflation, interest and other factors. The main factor is the economy is receding, that is the definition of a recession, a receding economy.

Again, believe as you need, most of America is worried about the economy, because no matter what party you belong to, the economy always wins out.
Inflation and interest rates ARENT signs at all.

Unemployment is a huge factor. You can’t name another recession where employment was going up. GDP is not necessarily the only way to measure the economy and has significant limitations. The GDP in Q1 was down mainly due to trade imbalance. Q2 was down due to inventories. Consumer spending is up. GDI is up. Industrial output is even up during this supposed “recession”.

Being worried is one thing. It’s another to say that there’s actually a recession. In fact, it may even be harmful to scare people about the economy. It may become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Doesn't matter, most Americans are worried about the economy, it is not headed in the right direction unless you are a tool for the Democratic Party, then you tow your party line. The rest of America is in tune with the economy, you aren't.
Scaring people about a recession is the wrong way to go. You might actually be harming the economy by doing so.

But some people actually want a recession.

Unemployment is a huge factor. You can’t name another recession where employment was going up. GDP is not necessarily the only way to measure the economy and has significant limitations. The GDP in Q1 was down mainly due to trade imbalance. Q2 was down due to inventories. Consumer spending is up. GDI is up. Industrial output is even up during this supposed “recession”.

Being worried is one thing. It’s another to say that there’s actually a recession. In fact, it may even be harmful to scare people about the economy. It may become a self fulfilling prophecy.
There's a definition that defines a recession. We meet that definition, therefore we ARE in a recession. How you feel about it or who you blame it on is beside that point that we are in one.

There's a definition that defines a recession. We meet that definition, therefore we ARE in a recession. How you feel about it or who you blame it on is beside that point that we are in one.
There is a definition that defines a recession, but we don’t meet it. Not yet.

You should have read the article I linked.

Recession is often defined as two consecutive quarters of economic contraction—declining real GDP. The nation’s GDP fell 1.6 percent on an annualized basis in first quarter 2022 and was followed by a 0.9 percent drop in the second quarter.

However, we find that most indicators—particularly those measuring labor markets—provide strong evidence that the U.S. economy did not fall into a recession in the first quarter.

The two quarters of declining GDP definition is a rule of thumb that does not officially define a recession. The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Business-Cycle Dating Committee, which certifies and dates U.S. business cycles, defines a recession as “a significant decline in economic activity that is spread across the economy and that lasts more than a few months.” A range of monthly indicators has been used by the committee to determine the peaks and subsequent troughs in economic activity.

It is and always has been the informal definition. It’s never been the formal definition.

There’s plenty of honest reasons to treat this different than a normal downturn.

The biggest reason is because the democrats don't want to admit it and that it is caused by their policies.

Like I said, most Americans know where we are at and that is why the economy is such a concern with most Americans. You can play your games, but I will continue to ignore your politics and move on from there.

Like I said, most Americans know where we are at and that is why the economy is such a concern with most Americans. You can play your games, but I will continue to ignore your politics and move on from there.
If you manage to scare people into believing something, does that make it true?

This isn’t a game. I’m not treating it as such. It seems you are.

Scaring people about a recession is the wrong way to go. You might actually be harming the economy by doing so.

But some people actually want a recession.
I don't want or need a recession as my fears aren't based on politics like yours are.

Being honest and wise with my money has served me well. I'm not scaring anyone unless you are scared however, I am sure where we are headed, and you people have been wrong so often that I can't believe a word you say. Transitory inflation, wasn't that what Biden called it? Anything but transitory and it took him and his administration forever to admit it and that was when they decided to blame Putin for the last year of inflation. Now, if you get the vaccine, you won't have to wear a mask, how long did that last? A month? Then we had if you get the vaccine you won't get Covid. So please excuse me if I think Biden and his administration don't have a clue as to what is happening with our economy, they are either dishonest of clueless, you pick.

I don't want or need a recession as my fears aren't based on politics like yours are.

Being honest and wise with my money has served me well. I'm not scaring anyone unless you are scared however, I am sure where we are headed, and you people have been wrong so often that I can't believe a word you say. Transitory inflation, wasn't that what Biden called it? Anything but transitory and it took him and his administration forever to admit it and that was when they decided to blame Putin for the last year of inflation. Now, if you get the vaccine, you won't have to wear a mask, how long did that last? A month? Then we had if you get the vaccine you won't get Covid. So please excuse me if I think Biden and his administration don't have a clue as to what is happening with our economy, they are either dishonest of clueless, you pick.
Anyone who tells you they can predict the future doesn’t deserve to be taken seriously.

You’re letting politics drive it. Not data.

A recession is good for republicans. It increases their electoral chances.

They’re craving one.
You are so stupid that you probably believe that, since it is what your master tell you.

If you ever had one logical and truthful thought it would destroy your world view.

Forum List

Back