Democrats: Relax on Judge Brett Kavanaugh

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Thoughts from an Independent:

Democrats: Calm down, it's not all that bad. Before you get yourselves worked up in a lather over Judge Kavanaugh, please consider this:

1. The sweeping legal protections judge Kavanaugh seeks to grant President Donald Trump will no doubt also apply to future Democratic Presidents as well.

2. It's a documented fact that Supreme Court justices tend to become very independent, once their lifetime appointment to the high court is secure. i.e. Chief Justice Roberts, a Bush appointee voted up uphold the affordable care act.

3. 1 voice in 9 on the Supreme Court is hardly a mandate, so even if judge Kavanaugh is a looney (which is not likely) there are 8 other votes to override.

Republicans: If President Obama and a Democratic Congress had withheld thousands of pages of records, documents, and legal opinions on judge Sotomayor and sought to ram through her nomination the way the GOP is operating now on Kavanaugh, you folks would be screaming "Obstruction of Justice" from the rooftops, so don't act so damned innocent...nevertheless Kavanaugh will make a decent addition to the Supreme Court.

Fuck Kavanaugh. Vote out any Democrat that doesn't give them hell over this.

Last edited:

Democrats: Calm down, it's not all that bad. Before you get yourselves worked up in a lather over Judge Kavanaugh, please consider this:

1. The sweeping legal protections judge Kavanaugh seeks to grant President Donald Trump will no doubt also apply to future Democratic Presidents as well.

2. It's a documented fact that Supreme Court justices tend to become very independent, once their lifetime appointment to the high court is secure. i.e. Chief Justice Roberts, a Bush appointee voted up uphold the affordable care act.

3. 1 voice in 9 on the Supreme Court is hardly a mandate, so even if judge Kavanaugh is a looney (which is not likely) there are 8 other votes to override.

Republicans: If President Obama and a Democratic Congress had withheld thousands of pages of records, documents, and legal opinions on judge Sotomayor and sought to ram through her nomination the way the GOP is operating now on Kavanaugh, you folks would be screaming "Obstruction of Justice" from the rooftops, so don't act so damned innocent...nevertheless Kavanaugh will make a decent addition to the Supreme Court.
LOL, dude, do you really think the 40k of documents were going to change the demoloser minds? your insane if you think that.

McConnell should call for the vote this morning and say fk you to the demolosers. Elections have consequences just like we were told with obammy's own words.

I agree. He's a constitutionalist and we need more like him on the SC.

"Few American institutions have inflicted greater suffering on ordinary people than the Supreme Court of the United States. Since its inception, the justices of the Supreme Court have shaped a nation where children toiled in coal mines, where Americans could be forced into camps because of their race, and where a woman could be sterilized against her will by state law. " Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted by Ian Millhiser

13 Worst Supreme Court Decisions of All Time

The Worst Supreme Court Decisions Since 1960

"Democracies have great rational and imaginative powers. They also are prone to some serious flaws in reasoning, to parochialism, haste, sloppiness, selfishness, narrowness of the spirit. Education based mainly on profitability in the global market magnifies these deficiencies, producing a greedy obtuseness and a technically trained docility that threaten the very life of democracy itself, and that certainly impede the creation of a decent world culture." Martha Nussbaum

He sides with corps and has a problem with civil rights, yes he is so great. I'm sure Trump wants him badly.

Democrats still rely on their old 60's political playbook in the age of information. They thought the rest of the Country would rally around their antics and all they got was negative feedback for their obviously scripted antics. The consensus is that Kavanaugh will be confirmed and democrats realize that it would be best if they didn't look any more clownish than they already have.

Democrats still rely on their old 60's political playbook in the age of information. They thought the rest of the Country would rally around their antics and all they got was negative feedback for their obviously scripted antics. The consensus is that Kavanaugh will be confirmed and democrats realize that it would be best if they didn't look any more clownish than they already have.

Sometimes you wonder whether or not the people asking the questions, aren't really asking as much for the answer, as the television time they will get supporting their party if they make the question crazy enough. It becomes more evident when they make more of a statement, than posing a question, and attempt to set the stage for whatever answer they may get.

His exchange with Senator Harris was particularly troubling. He sounded a lot like a politician when he asked the questioner for more information other simply stating whom he talked to about Mueller. When the moron in the gallery started shouting whatever it was she was shouting; I lost interest in the back and fourth.

The withholding of documents during his term as a Bush II Staffer is particularly troublesome as well. This was the time when the patriot act, “enhanced interrogation” was being approved by the then AG Gonzales, and when there were decisions being made on any number of court-worthy considerations.

I doubt any of it would matter as I predict he will be approved in good time. Having more information however, is better than having less.

He sides with corps and has a problem with civil rights, yes he is so great. I'm sure Trump wants him badly.
you're with Nike right now right?

I bet you're with, Amazon, Apple, google, facebook, twitter and every other corp out there anti conservative, right? so why are you against kavanaugh exactly?

Forum List

Back