democrats war on Christianity continues. NY legislators want to force Chick-fil-a to be open Sundays

The people who will really be screwed are the NY state employees who will lose their jobs if the CFA's close because of this harassment. I hope the legislators in Albany have a plan to feed these new starving families caused by their religious jihad against Christianity- not all of whom are Christian by the way.

Yes, the owner/founder is a Christian.

Now, lets talk about the chain itself.

When did the fast food chain accept Jesus as its lord and savior?

Was the fast food chain baptized?
/---/ Stop pretending to be stupid. We're talking about the founder and his employees, not the brick-and-mortar building. But you already knew that.
Why is Chick-fil-A closed on Sundays?
Per the company's website, Chick-fil-A has been closed on Sundays since the late S. Truett Cathy opened his first restaurant in Georgia in 1946.

“Having worked seven days a week in restaurants open 24 hours, Truett saw the importance of closing on Sundays so that he and his employees could set aside one day to rest and worship if they choose — a practice we uphold today,” the website reads.

Typically they pay a percentage of sales. Thus that space is making no money 14% of the time.

The people already know you can't get CFA on Sunday.

People will just wait until Monday if they are hot to trot for CFA.

What makes you think that NY state will be able to force CFA to change their policies?

If the property owner believes another business can generate as much or more if opened on Sunday, by all means but I doubt it. I also doubt the must open on Sunday is on the lease.

It is not on the current lease, though I suspect it will be on all future ones.

People will just wait until Monday if they are hot to trot for CFA.

People will not change their travel plans just to get CFA

What makes you think that NY state will be able to force CFA to change their policies?

I do not think they will and I do not think they should. What will happen is when the lease is up the new one will include mandatory Sunday hours and CFA will decline and something like Popeyes will take its place.

People will not change their travel plans just to get CFA

I do not think they will and I do not think they should. What will happen is when the lease is up the new one will include mandatory Sunday hours and CFA will decline and something like Popeyes will take its place.

Why would Popeye's- or any other fast food joint- be anxious sign a new lease with NY State when they would know that it could be cancelled if the political climate changes? The problem is that making these deals that are based on politics instead of business, just aren't good for business.

Correct. I fully support CFA choosing to be closed on Sundays.

I also fully support people they sign contracts with saying "be open on Sunday or we will not allow you in our space".

It should work both ways
Its still an attack by godless libs on Christians

Cleverly disguised of course as you have expertly relayed

But you’re not fooling anyone

The thruway is always open. It isn't a mall. And I guarantee that requirement has changed. There is a mall near me that opens at 9AM and the anchor tenant, a Dillard's, opens at 12PM.
I worked for a retail chain. Standard language often refers to open and core hours. And anchor tenants are in a better position to dictate their hours.

Why would Popeye's- or any other fast food joint- be anxious sign a new lease with NY State when they would know that it could be cancelled if the political climate changes? The problem is that making these deals that are based on politics instead of business, just aren't good for business.

Those places always have a long line wanting to be able to put in a franchise as it is a captive audience.

The company is paying rent. So what's the problem about space not properly or efficiently used?
Because, more often than not, retail space leases also include a percentage of sales. Food court can be different, but stores also have to meet a minimum sales per sqf requirement.

I worked for a retail chain. Standard language often refers to open and core hours. And anchor tenants are in a better position to dictate their hours.
All tenants are in a better position to negotiate leases because it's a tenant's market in the vast amount of malls. Vacancy rates are sky high. Historically of course landlords don't want dark spaces when other retailers are open.

Forum List

Back