democrats war on Christianity continues. NY legislators want to force Chick-fil-a to be open Sundays

Not seeing a problem here. NY maintains Thruways as a courtesy to motorists, they should expect services to be there when they arrive.

If Chik-Full-Hate can't meet that, then they should get Popeyes or KFC in there instead.
Joey, you are, as always, full of shit. By your, ahem, "logic," every restaurant in every service plaza should be open 24 hours. The next service plaza I see where that is the case will be the first. (Some smaller ones have NOTHING open for 12+ hours every day.)
For as along as I've known, America's motto has been "in God we trust".

Not in atheism, Allah, Buddha, or Ganeesha.
Bless your heart...you actually believe that.

For most of the country's existence, the motto was "E Pluribus Unum."

Joey, you are, as always, full of shit. By your, ahem, "logic," every restaurant in every service plaza should be open 24 hours. The next service plaza I see where that is the case will be the first. (Some smaller ones have NOTHING open for 12+ hours every day.)
Absolutely correct

Does NY only allow Chick-fil-a to sell food at their rest stops?
Of course not.
Or they can stay and it’s still not a big deal. How much authority should the state have over the practices of a business on the property? Can they mandat the hours they must be open? The number of employees they have? The employees a business hires? The menu they serve? The prices they charge? If the state wants to have more control then fine have them open up their own restaurant.
If it's in the contract, of course they can require 7-day/week operation. Clearly, it is not.
By saying it's a condition of operating at these locations. Chik Fil A can follow the same rules as everyone else or close those locations.
Yes...when the contract expires. Until then, no.
So, why wasn't this worked out before both sides signed the contract?

Wasn't there wording that specified stores must be open seven days a week? If it wasn't in the contract, then the private business should be allowed to run their restaurants as they please.
Apparently not, or CFA wouldn't have agreed to it.
LOL!

So you are saying those government yokels didn't know that Chick-Fil-A closed on Sunday when they awarded them the contract?

Everybody in the US knows that Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sunday. If you don't know then you are an idiot.
Look who you are replying to...of course he is an idiot!

They are perfectly free to run their business as they want on their own property.

This is a public location, though, and they are a contractor who aren't meeting a contract.

Also, they are homophobic twats, and I'm sure that put a big target on them.

You little Moon Bat turds think you are entitled to have business open for your convenience and in your demented little homosexual minds you think that it is the government's responsibility to make it happen.

Then you wonder why we ridicule you so much.

If the little homo Moon Bats think the government should demand that a business stay open so they can get a friggin sandwich whenever they want then us Americans should demand that the government make the gun stores stay open 24 hrs a day so we can buy ammo any time we need it.

You little Moon Bat turds think you are entitled to have business open for your convenience and in your demented little homosexual minds you think that it is the government's responsibility to make it happen.

Then you wonder why we ridicule you so much.
Bucees is open 24/7. Give them the contract.

I am willing to bet they are meeting the contract they signed
Most contracts are written with a lot of wiggle room.

Look, I"m sure that CFA wouldn't have any problems if they weren't such a bunch of homophobic douchenoodles.

But they are...

Bucees is better. Brisket good.
I am not impressed with Bucees brisket. It is OK for gas station food but to me nothing special. They have some unique items at Bucees and we will stop at one when traveling but their brisket is nothing special.

Chick-Fil-A has decent chicken sandwiches and in the rare times (two or three a year) my wife and I eat fast food it will be either them or Culvers.

However, In my opinion, Popeye's chicken sandwich is better than Chick-Fil-A but doesn't have the clean well mannered employees like CFA has.

I guess NY has not heard of ex post facto laws. They can't enforce a law enacted after a contract was established. They could simply change the rules for the next contract.

I am not impressed with Bucees brisket. It is OK for gas station food but to me nothing special. They have some unique items at Bucees and we will stop at one when traveling but their brisket is nothing special.
Agreed. But bad brisket is still better than NY brisket. ;)

Chick-Fil-A has decent chicken sandwiches and in the rare times (two or three a year) my wife and I eat fast food it will be either them or Culvers.
They are decent. Canes is better.* On the positive they also have a nice Cobb salad.
*Treesbeards, a Louisiana chain in downtown Houston had chicken fried chicken. It was...so good!

However, In my opinion, Popeye's chicken sandwich is better than Chick-Fil-A but doesn't have the clean well mannered employees like CFA has.
Yes CFA, has excellent staff.

It would depend on the contract for services they signed. Not a religious issue. This makes sense the throughway doesn't shut down on Sundays , the services still need to be available. If they cannot meet that request , they need to vacate the premises and allow someone in that will be obliging.
/——/ No rest stop has only one restaurant. CFA is only in 7

It would depend on the contract for services they signed. Not a religious issue. This makes sense the throughway doesn't shut down on Sundays , the services still need to be available. If they cannot meet that request , they need to vacate the premises and allow someone in that will be obliging.

What is materially different than when the contract was initially executed? If there is nothing materially different, than the tenant may indeed have a point that they are being discriminated against based on their religious beliefs.

which violates their First Amendment rights. NY knew the Chick-fil-a policy when they signed the contracts; now these two want to change the rules. It's not like there are no other choices for travelers to make.
State bill targets Chick-fil-A hours at Thruway service plazas
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Two New York State lawmakers have introduced a new bill, with the focus on Chick-fil-A and its business hours along the Thruway.

The bill would require Chick-fil-A restaurants at New York State Thruway service plazas to be open seven days a week. Chick-fil-A is known for its chicken, and for having its locations closed on Sundays.

Forcing workers to give up their one day off per week. Yup, this tracks for DemoKKKrats.

Forum List

Back