Democrats...Weiner on the Rise..

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I wonder at times why Democrats would be willing to forgive and forget Weiner's 422 indiscretions on-line. Could it be many Democrats identify with his behavior because they have similar on-line experiences.

I also wonder why Weiner can't get a real job and needs to live off the public dole.

---------------------:popcorn:

Former congressman Anthony Weiner is gaining ground in the race for New York City mayor, according to two new public opinion polls.

A new Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday shows the disgraced Democrat, who resigned two years ago amid a sexting scandal, is in a virtual tie with City Council Speaker Christine Quinn and ex-city comptroller William Thompson for his party's nomination.

Quinn leads with 19% support from Democratic voters, followed by Weiner at 17% and Thompson with 16%, in the poll — all within the survey's margin of error. Quinn's support was at 25% in Quinnipiac's May 22 survey, which was released the day Weiner jumped into the race.

The results in a new Marist/NBC/Wall Street Journal poll show Weiner leading the field with 25% support from Democratic voters, followed by Quinn (20%) and Thompson (13%).

Anthony Weiner moving up in NYC mayoral polls

Last edited:
I wonder at times why Democrats would be willing to forgive and forget Weiner's 422 indiscretions on-line. Could it be many Democrats identify with his behavior because they have similar on-line experiences.

I also wonder why Weiner can't get a real job and needs to live of the public dole.

Former congressman Anthony Weiner is gaining ground in the race for New York City mayor, according to two new public opinion polls.

A new Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday shows the disgraced Democrat, who resigned two years ago amid a sexting scandal, is in a virtual tie with City Council Speaker Christine Quinn and ex-city comptroller William Thompson for his party's nomination.

Quinn leads with 19% support from Democratic voters, followed by Weiner at 17% and Thompson with 16%, in the poll — all within the survey's margin of error. Quinn's support was at 25% in Quinnipiac's May 22 survey, which was released the day Weiner jumped into the race.

The results in a new Marist/NBC/Wall Street Journal poll show Weiner leading the field with 25% support from Democratic voters, followed by Quinn (20%) and Thompson (13%).

And republicans do not have similar on line habits?

Playing the sex scandal war never ends well, both sides have numerous scandals. Why even bother?
Especially when a former Republican governor was elected to Congress after being involved in a sex scandal. One reason why I have never understood why politicians resign over this crap.
At least the Mayor here had balls, he made them throw him out.

People are just getting too used to this kind of behavior from politicians. From BJs in the oval office to gay sex in an airport bathroom, Anthony Weiner's indiscretions are small potatoes. As a politician, you pretty much have to rape a child to surprise anybody anymore.

Oh! And by the way, the mayor was Republican and met men online.
The problem is, men are idiots when it comes to hiding this stuff. They should teach you how to keep things quiet in sex ed or something. I keep waiting for Lindsey Graham to slip up.

People are just getting too used to this kind of behavior from politicians. From BJs in the oval office to gay sex in an airport bathroom, Anthony Weiner's indiscretions are small potatoes. As a politician, you pretty much have to rape a child to surprise anybody anymore.

People are getting used to it? This has been happening for years. We just know about it now.
Well actually people probably always knew about it, but they didn't have cable news to talk about it non stop.
I don't care what a politician does in private, I wish the media would just ignore most sex scandals. For one, the innocent parties are usually the ones who have to pay the most.

Oh! And by the way, the mayor was Republican and met men online.
The problem is, men are idiots when it comes to hiding this stuff. They should teach you how to keep things quiet in sex ed or something. I keep waiting for Lindsey Graham to slip up.

Slip up is right!

"But I swayah yo honnah, I lost mah footin' an fell on that man's penis! I do declayah,".

I also wonder why Weiner can't get a real job and needs to live of the public dole.

Playing the sex scandal war never ends well, both sides have numerous scandals. Why even bother?
Especially when a former Republican governor was elected to Congress after being involved in a sex scandal. One reason why I have never understood why politicians resign over this crap.
At least the Mayor had balls, he made them throw him out.

As long as there are voters like you political weiners will succeed.

People are getting used to it? This has been happening for years. We just know about it now.
Well actually people probably always knew about it, but they didn't have cable news to talk about it non stop.
I don't care what a politician does in private, I wish the media would just ignore most sex scandals. For one, the innocent parties are usually the ones who have to pay the most.

For the most part, I agree. Unless what a politician is doing is illegal there is no reason to focus on their infidelity. A lot of people consider JFK to be a great President. In today's 24 hour news world his infidelity would have been talked about non-stop, and he would have been forced to resign. Clinton was a decent President, and his sex scandals overshadowed a lot of the good things he did.

On the other hand, when a party member preaches "family values" and gets caught trolling for gay sex in an airport bathroom there is reason to call them out for their hypocrisy.

Interesting post but there was no gay sex in an airport bathroom, just sayin.

And voters like you. It wasn't liberals who reelected Sanford.

Like I said, sex scandals happen on both sides.

Just an attempt at it. And he would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that pesky cop....

19653.gif

But he wanted there to be sex. ;)

You guys defend Craig all the time, while most around here figured he was gay for years.

I'm getting the impression Democrat have no standards for their politicians. They just expect the worst and can't be disappointed.

And voters like you. It wasn't liberals who reelected Sanford.

Like I said, sex scandals happen on both sides.

Sanford is unworthy but who did he run against, a pathetic candidate perhaps.

Last edited:

For the most part, I agree. Unless what a politician is doing is illegal there is no reason to focus on their infidelity. A lot of people consider JFK to be a great President. In today's 24 hour news world his infidelity would have been talked about non-stop, and he would have been forced to resign. Clinton was a decent President, and his sex scandals overshadowed a lot of the good things he did.

On the other hand, when a party member preaches "family values" and gets caught trolling for gay sex in an airport bathroom there is reason to call them out for their hypocrisy.

Yeah the mayor here had campaigned against homosexual issues while in the state congress. Then he got caught hiring 18 year old boys he was interested in, whom he met online.

I'm getting the impression Democrat have no standards for their politicians. They just expect the worst and can't be disappointed.

Why can't you accept that politicians on Both sides are not perfect? You act like this is only an issue for liberals.
Your OP clearly demonstrated this.

Just an attempt at it. And he would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that pesky cop....

19653.gif

I believe truth is down to preferred opinion....mmkay

Forum List

Back