Dems See Pelosi As A 2018 Problem...But Could Not See Hillary As A 2016 Problem?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Pelosi has seen the overseen the total collapse of the Democrat's Near Super Majority Control of the US govt during the last 2 Years of Bush's administration through the end of Obama's 1st 2 years.

During the time since that dominant control, Democrats have suffered over 1,000+ elections lost, 5 Special elections, and 2 historic, record-setting losses. The latest was the 'Falcons-Meltdown-Loss-To-The-Patriots-Super Bowl'-esque Hillary Clinton loss to Donald Trump in 2016.

So the superstitious Democrats, always looking for someone to blame for their failures, are (finally) blaming Pelosi...

Democrats begin to see Pelosi as a 2018 problem

"Nancy Pelosi might actually be in trouble.

In a survey of 20 Democratic House candidates, only one – a former Senate staffer from Orange County, California – would state support for the congresswoman staying on as leader of the House Democratic Caucus. Of the rest, 18 declined to say if Pelosi should keep her job, while one, a political newcomer from a culturally conservative Ohio district, said he would vote for someone other than Pelosi.

Their refusal is a remarkable development for an already embattled minority leader. But even more significant are the implications that their refusal carries for next year’s midterm elections."

upload_2017-8-3_15-28-20.jpeg

Democrats are also beginning to make the argument, after Hillary's loss / Pelosi's mind slipping and horrific declining record, that the 'stench of dead and decaying' dinosaur' Democrats need to be expunged from the party, replaced by 'New blood'.

"We are overdue for a new generation of leadership,” said Kenneth Harbaugh, a candidate in Ohio’s 7th Congressional District, and the only candidate surveyed who was a hard no on voting for Pelosi as leader. “We have a remarkable opportunity in front of us, and it’s going to take new thinking and new leadership to capitalize on it.”

D-Schumer recently pointed out that Democrats need more than the perceived message of 'Hate' / 'I hate Trump'. Up and coming Democrats have already gotten that message and are actually beginning to address issues Americans actually care about:

Candidates across the country are focused on issues that matter to their constituents, such as better jobs and better wages, not the latest Beltway gossip”

Wow, I never thought I would be pulling for Nancy Pelosi in 2018, but if she survives and remains one of the DNCs leaders then the DNC losing streak could continue.

Go, Nancy, go! :p

Trump and Bernie turned the political landscape upside down. They now have to change course in order to win.

I'd be curious to know how many of them think she's too liberal, and how many think she's too conservative.

Forum List

Back