Demtroit: Progressive Mecca on Earth

OP- RW idiocy... More like a monument to bad management and racism...

Dusters and Demons were just fastback Valiants and Darts. My first new car was a '66 Dart GT with 273 4bbl 273 with Hurst positraction and nothing else. Scary if I had known it. Also had a $200 '64 convertible with slant 6 pushbutton- indestructible. Wouldn't mind one of the new Alfa-Darts. Reliability hugely reformed since my '68 1300 GT Junior- never passed. No more magnesium oil coolers as suspension stop either...
yea that 66 dart with the hurst posi was scary to drive my aunt had one of those and kept it forever. loved my first 72 Se grand prix though with the 454....

Yes but they ran forever. Or until the body rusted out of existence.

When I was young, I had a '72 Pinto. A buddy had a '74 Gremlin. My Pinto always ran, his Gremlin rarely ran.

The reason was that the 2000CC motor on the Pinto was simple. I actually had about the same number of problems with the Pinto as he did with the Grime-Slime. But where I would be back up and running in a couple of hours, he would be down for weeks. Big old 3800CC that had less horse power than my 2000.
The Gremlins with the 304 ci V8 went like a bat out of hell.

Dusters and Demons were just fastback Valiants and Darts. My first new car was a '66 Dart GT with 273 4bbl 273 with Hurst positraction and nothing else. Scary if I had known it. Also had a $200 '64 convertible with slant 6 pushbutton- indestructible. Wouldn't mind one of the new Alfa-Darts. Reliability hugely reformed since my '68 1300 GT Junior- never passed. No more magnesium oil coolers as suspension stop either...

Yes Detroit was done in by bad Democrat management and it was deliberate too

Every UAW pensioner should either live in Detroit or forego their UAW pension

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

good point, most of them are living in Fla where there is no state income tax and they can carry a gun to protect themselves, and the sun comes out almost every day.

I lived in detroit in the 1950s and I can remember the sun not coming out for 9 months, and it was 35 degrees and drizzling the whole time.

Yes but they ran forever. Or until the body rusted out of existence.

When I was young, I had a '72 Pinto. A buddy had a '74 Gremlin. My Pinto always ran, his Gremlin rarely ran.

The reason was that the 2000CC motor on the Pinto was simple. I actually had about the same number of problems with the Pinto as he did with the Grime-Slime. But where I would be back up and running in a couple of hours, he would be down for weeks. Big old 3800CC that had less horse power than my 2000.
The Gremlins with the 304 ci V8 went like a bat out of hell.

I had a 57 Dodge with the D500 hemi. I would burn the tires off and got about 9 MPG.

I tend to blame liberal Democrat Party influence and their greedy Unions...

-----------------------------------:(

DETROIT — Once the very symbol of American industrial might, Detroit became the biggest U.S. city to file for bankruptcy Thursday, its finances ravaged and its neighborhoods hollowed out by a long, slow decline in population and auto manufacturing.

The filing, which had been feared for months, put the city on an uncertain course that could mean laying off municipal employees, selling off assets, raising fees and scaling back basic services such as trash collection and snow plowing, which have already been slashed.

"Only one feasible path offers a way out," Gov. Rick Snyder said in a letter approving the move.

Kevyn Orr, a bankruptcy expert hired by the state in March to stop Detroit's fiscal free-fall, made the Chapter 9 filing in federal bankruptcy court.

Michael Sweet, a bankruptcy attorney in Fox-Rothschild's San Francisco office, said the city would pay current employees. But "beyond that, all bets are off."

"They don't have to pay anyone they don't want to," Sweet said. "And no one can sue them."

Detroit lost a quarter-million residents between 2000 and 2010. A population that in the 1950s reached 1.8 million now struggles to stay above 700,000. Much of the middle-class and scores of businesses also have fled Detroit, taking their tax dollars with them.

Detroit Bankrupt: Kevyn Orr Asks Federal Judge To Place City Under Chapter 9 Bankruptcy Protection

the 67 riots and Coleman Young really put the pedal to the medal ala white flight. Huge construction projects that soaked up revenue, borrowing, feeding the public sector unions to gain and keep his base which he was working hard to integrate and to be honest was needed, but a double edged sword as we have come to discover, as the senior Romney having given Michigan employees the right to collectively bargain in 63 I think it was...

The rest is as they say, history....the car industry lost its mojo, the city never came to grips or terms with a shrinking tax base etc etc etc ...

bad management---yes

union greed----yes

democrat control----yes

racism---no

Detroit has been controlled by black democrats for years, no racism there unless you are talking about black racism against whites.

I was thinking of white flight to the suburbs. Black racism against whites is a new RW joke- Hating white racists is not racism- you have to believe they're inferior, and discriminate against them. Also someone has to give the unions those pensions- and not fund them...for a long time...

bad management---yes

union greed----yes

democrat control----yes

racism---no

Detroit has been controlled by black democrats for years, no racism there unless you are talking about black racism against whites.

I was thinking of white flight to the suburbs. Black racism against whites is a new RW joke- Hating white racists is not racism- you have to believe they're inferior, and discriminate against them. Also someone has to give the unions those pensions- and not fund them...for a long time...

Chill will you? we are talking old cars now on this thread.

bad management---yes

union greed----yes

democrat control----yes

racism---no

there was also a lot of black flight to the suburbs, no one wanted to live in the hellhole that was/is Detroit.

The car companies have some blame here too. they allowed the unions to blackmail them into those contracts that brought the companies into bankruptsy. All the more reason that WE should not have bailed them out.

I tend to blame liberal Democrat Party influence and their greedy Unions...

-----------------------------------:(

DETROIT — Once the very symbol of American industrial might, Detroit became the biggest U.S. city to file for bankruptcy Thursday, its finances ravaged and its neighborhoods hollowed out by a long, slow decline in population and auto manufacturing.

The filing, which had been feared for months, put the city on an uncertain course that could mean laying off municipal employees, selling off assets, raising fees and scaling back basic services such as trash collection and snow plowing, which have already been slashed.

"Only one feasible path offers a way out," Gov. Rick Snyder said in a letter approving the move.

Kevyn Orr, a bankruptcy expert hired by the state in March to stop Detroit's fiscal free-fall, made the Chapter 9 filing in federal bankruptcy court.

Michael Sweet, a bankruptcy attorney in Fox-Rothschild's San Francisco office, said the city would pay current employees. But "beyond that, all bets are off."

"They don't have to pay anyone they don't want to," Sweet said. "And no one can sue them."

Detroit lost a quarter-million residents between 2000 and 2010. A population that in the 1950s reached 1.8 million now struggles to stay above 700,000. Much of the middle-class and scores of businesses also have fled Detroit, taking their tax dollars with them.

Detroit Bankrupt: Kevyn Orr Asks Federal Judge To Place City Under Chapter 9 Bankruptcy Protection

The second of many cities who spent more than they received. Many more to come, before it is all said and done...

Had a '49 Chevy 4 door fastback- unstoppable. Really I get the feeling the Japs and Germans just made us look bad in the 70's...better cars, better made. They just killed the Brits- Anglo-American arrogance. Only lately have we got our shytte together...

The problem is Detroit is 90% black. This happens over and over in america. Blacks move into a city to collect welfare and whites move and take their skills with them. The city then collapses since blacks don't have the brains to run a modern city.

I heard somewhere today that the average police response time in Detroit is 58 minutes! When seconds count, police are an hour away!

Bankrupting Detroit is a great Progressive/ Communist accomplishment

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Forum List

Back