Department of Justice Searched Biden's Home in Delaware on Saturday and Found More Classified Documents

Executive Order 13526- Original Classification Authority​

Pursuant to the provisions of section 1.3 of the Executive Order issued today, entitled "Classified National Security Information" (Executive Order), I hereby designate the following officials to classify information originally as "Top Secret" or "Secret":

TOP SECRET

Executive Office of the President:

The Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff

The Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (National Security Advisor)

The Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism

The Director of National Drug Control Policy

The Director, Office of Science and Technology Policy

The Chair or Co-Chairs, President's Intelligence Advisory Board

Departments and Agencies:

The Secretary of State

The Secretary of the Treasury

The Secretary of Defense

The Attorney General

The Secretary of Energy

The Secretary of Homeland Security

The Director of National Intelligence

The Secretary of the Army

The Secretary of the Navy

The Secretary of the Air Force

The Chairman, Nuclear Regulatory Commission

The Director of the Central Intelligence Agency

The Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration

The Director, Information Security Oversight Office

SECRET

The United States Trade Representative

The Secretary of Agriculture

The Secretary of Commerce

The Secretary of Health and Human Services

The Secretary of Transportation

The Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development

The Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency

Any delegation of this authority shall be in accordance with section 1.3(c) of the Executive Order, except that the Director of the Information Security Oversight Office, the Secretary of Agriculture, and the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency may not delegate the authority granted in this order. If an agency head without original classification authority under this order, or otherwise delegated in accordance with section 1.3(c) of the Executive Order, has an exceptional need to classify information originated by their agency, the matter shall be referred to the agency head with appropriate subject matter interest and classification authority in accordance with section 1.3(e) of the Executive Order. If the agency with appropriate subject
matter interest and classification authority cannot readily be determined, the matter shall be referred to the Director of the Information Security Oversight Office.

Presidential designations ordered prior to the issuance of the Executive Order are revoked as of the date of this order. However, delegations of authority to classify information originally that were made in accordance with the provisions of section 1.4 of Executive Order 12958 of April 17, 1995, as amended, by officials designated under this order shall continue in effect, provided that the authority of such officials is delegable under this order.

This order shall be published in the Federal Register.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,
December 29, 2009.

That's for the classification process, not the declassification process. Furthermore even if that was the case, it's recently found he had classified documentation that he took and kept as a US Senator.

Legal experts told USA TODAY that Biden had the authority to declassify documents as vice president as the result of a 2009 executive order signed by President Barack Obama.
So that guy democrats used from 2917 until 2021 finally changed his name. From un name sources to legal experts?

I was going through my closet and I found some more of Biden's documents. This fucking guy has documents EVERYWHERE! Who should i report this to?

Geraldo needs to recheck Al Capone's vault, he may find some in there too.

Legal experts told USA TODAY that Biden had the authority to declassify documents as vice president as the result of a 2009 executive order signed by President Barack Obama.

At most, and this is not likely Constitutional, the claim is he could declassify what he himself classified and nothing else. And he hasn't claimed anything of the sort since the story broke weeks ago. Why is that?

... meaning Biden had the power declassify anything he classified.

****​
The Washington Post also reported vice presidents have the authority to declassify anything they classified. The New York Times similarly reported that the vice president has the power to declassify, while noting the scope of that authority "has never been definitively tested."

Executive Order 13526- Original Classification Authority​

Pursuant to the provisions of section 1.3 of the Executive Order issued today, entitled "Classified National Security Information" (Executive Order), I hereby designate the following officials to classify information originally as "Top Secret" or "Secret":

TOP SECRET

The Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff

The Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (National Security Advisor)

The Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism

The Director of National Drug Control Policy

The Director, Office of Science and Technology Policy

The Chair or Co-Chairs, President's Intelligence Advisory Board

The Secretary of State

The Secretary of the Treasury

The Secretary of Defense

The Attorney General

The Secretary of Energy

The Secretary of Homeland Security

The Director of National Intelligence

The Secretary of the Army

The Secretary of the Navy

The Secretary of the Air Force

The Chairman, Nuclear Regulatory Commission

The Director of the Central Intelligence Agency

The Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration

The Director, Information Security Oversight Office

SECRET

The United States Trade Representative

The Secretary of Agriculture

The Secretary of Commerce

The Secretary of Health and Human Services

The Secretary of Transportation

The Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development

The Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency

Any delegation of this authority shall be in accordance with section 1.3(c) of the Executive Order, except that the Director of the Information Security Oversight Office, the Secretary of Agriculture, and the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency may not delegate the authority granted in this order. If an agency head without original classification authority under this order, or otherwise delegated in accordance with section 1.3(c) of the Executive Order, has an exceptional need to classify information originated by their agency, the matter shall be referred to the agency head with appropriate subject matter interest and classification authority in accordance with section 1.3(e) of the Executive Order. If the agency with appropriate subject
matter interest and classification authority cannot readily be determined, the matter shall be referred to the Director of the Information Security Oversight Office.

Presidential designations ordered prior to the issuance of the Executive Order are revoked as of the date of this order. However, delegations of authority to classify information originally that were made in accordance with the provisions of section 1.4 of Executive Order 12958 of April 17, 1995, as amended, by officials designated under this order shall continue in effect, provided that the authority of such officials is delegable under this order.

This order shall be published in the Federal Register.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,
December 29, 2009.
Actually a VP can only declassify documents that he himself had classified in the first place. Chances are, Biden never had one thing personally classified, let alone all the documents they have found so far.

No one, and I mean no one, should want the cackling Kamala-la Ding Dong as POTUS.
I believe the Democrats wanted the Moving Attorneys to look for something, anything, to dirty up President Biden enough so he would change his "mind" about running. I don't believe that they realized how big of a bombshell they ignited.

At most, and this is not likely Constitutional, the claim is he could declassify what he himself classified and nothing else. And he hasn't claimed anything of the sort since the story broke weeks ago. Why is that?

... meaning Biden had the power declassify anything he classified.

****​
The Washington Post also reported vice presidents have the authority to declassify anything they classified. The New York Times similarly reported that the vice president has the power to declassify, while noting the scope of that authority "has never been definitively tested."

Given he took most of these documents when he was VP, DumBama has been strangely silent on this matter as well.

it’s too late…he stole the docs as a senator and VP.
How is it too late if he already declassified them years ago......it's not like they had to notify you or me that these docs were declassified....just them thinking it, meant it was declassified...

Isn't that the same bullshit excuse you bought from Trump??

Do you folks ever be ashamed of how full of shit you are?

How is it too late if he already declassified them years ago......it's not like they had to notify you or me that these docs were declassified....just them thinking it, meant it was declassified...

Isn't that the same bullshit excuse you bought from Trump??

Do you folks ever be ashamed of how full of shit you are?

Trump was President. Dementia was a Senator and VP. Even if you want to try and make a case that he had such authority as a VP, he certainly didn't as a Senator. As a Senator he illegally stole and kept classified documents.

He could if he were still President.
Then he can simply say he declassified it years ago.....since you have shown us that Trump was able to use that same bullshit excuse.....why not use that same energy with Biden?

I will withhold judgement until I find out what docs were kept....since having had a government security clearance before, I know how docs are over classified...

But let's stop pretending that Trump and Biden are the same...since Biden isn't having to be dragged kicking and screaming to return any docs...

Trump was President. Dementia was a Senator and VP. Even if you want to try and make a case that he had such authority as a VP, he certainly didn't as a Senator. As a Senator he illegally stole and kept classified documents.
Obama was president when Biden was VP...

Obama can simply say he "mentally declassified" the docs back in 2012....problem solved...

Or are you too full of shit to admit that Trump is full of shit?

Then he can simply say he declassified it years ago.....since you have shown us that Trump was able to use that same bullshit excuse.....why not use that same energy with Biden?

I will withhold judgement until I find out what docs were kept....since having had a government security clearance before, I know how docs are over classified...

But let's stop pretending that Trump and Biden are the same...since Biden isn't having to be dragged kicking and screaming to return any docs...
well the problem is xiden didn’t have the authority to declassify them when he stole them as. senator and VP.

Obama was president when Biden was VP...

Obama can simply say he "mentally declassified" the docs back in 2012....problem solved...

Or are you too full of shit to admit that Trump is full of shit?

The declassification policy of Trump was anything he takes with him out of the white house is automatically declassified. Notice how DumBama is suspiciously silent on this matter? He has no intention to stick his neck out for Joe because like Trump, it's the commies that are trying to stop him from running in 2024. I really think they have their eyes on Newsom.

Forum List

Back