🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Deplorable

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Donald Trump fans have been sending me racist, hateful messages for months. Here's a sampling.

In case there was any doubt...

Aside from my last name, you might not have guessed my heritage. My younger sister got our father's dark skin. I got our mother's paler complexion. And I wish you could have seen the look on my high school Spanish teacher's face when she realized she had to give me a "C."

Lately I have struggled with how to cover Trump. Not because I'm a Gomez, but because I'm a journalist who knows the difference between right and wrong. Judging by my emails – even those from the readers who don't resort to bigotry to defend their candidate – many of you disagree. But when a candidate says things that are, at best, offensive to minorities and, at worst, racist, we have a duty to report precisely that. There are not two sides to racism.

Reporters have the tendency to credit Trump for "pivoting" when he uses milder language about immigration or when he visits a black neighborhood. It can be tough to pin down what, exactly, he believes. Just last week he refused to disavowhis discredited suggestions that President Barack Obama, the nation's first black president, is not a natural-born U.S. citizen.

I have wondered how I can objectively point out that Trump encourages hate. I find myself searching for the best response when a friend at a party or a person in politics excuses Trump by arguing that he is "saying important things" or "tapping into something that is real."

They are sickening, have a look.

He chose to be hyperpartisan and he is correctly getting clobbered with it.

Adorable!

Dear Scorned and Sad;

people are assholes.

Thanks for your letter

Ann Landers

If anyone is sickening it would be a Moon Bat that votes for Crooked Hillary after she lied to the families of Benghazi victims.

Or maybe a Moon Bat that voted for that jackass Obama after he attended a despicable church for 20 years that preached hate against Whites and Jews.

Forum List

Back