DeSantis: 2020 Election Wasn’t Stolen

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Good to see Ron articulating reality. But since most of the GOP isn’t interested in reality, this hurts him in the primary. Too bad.

One day after former president Donald Trump was arraigned on charges that he conspired to overturn the 2020 election, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said that the claims Trump and his allies pushed about a stolen election were false.​

DeSantis, one of several candidates challenging Trump for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, has for months dodged questions about Trump’s efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss. On Friday, however, the Florida governor offered the strongest rejection he has so far of the notion of a stolen election.​

“I’ve said many times: The election is what it is,” DeSantis said, according to audio from an Iowa campaign event Friday. “All those theories that were put out did not prove to be true.”​

Too many irregularities in the 2020 presidential election to not have been some criminal activity going on.
1. Opposition republican voting watchers not allowed to see be close enough to observe the hand counts in some areas.
2. Large numbers of pro-democrat voting ballots showing up well after the closing of the elections and being accepted.
3. Pro-democrat ballots showing up that were printed on non-ballot materials and being accepted.
4. Pro-democrat ballots being accepted that didn't match their original signatures.
5. Republicans showing up to vote only to be told they already voted by mail-in, when they hadn't.
6. An entire large truck carrying ballots going missing.
7. Mailed ballots tossed from mail routes.
8. Voters in republican dominated areas being told that the voting was ended early due to machine errors and told to go elsewhere.
No matter what they say, I will always believe that the 2020 presidential election was indeed stolen.
Period.

Too many irregularities in the 2020 presidential election to not have been some criminal activity going on.
1. Opposition republican voting watchers not allowed to see be close enough to observe the hand counts in some areas.
2. Large numbers of pro-democrat voting ballots showing up well after the closing of the elections and being accepted.
3. Pro-democrat ballots showing up that were printed on non-ballot materials and being accepted.
4. Pro-democrat ballots being accepted that didn't match their original signatures.
5. Republicans showing up to vote only to be told they already voted by mail-in, when they hadn't.
6. An entire large truck carrying ballots going missing.
7. Mailed ballots tossed from mail routes.
8. Voters in republican dominated areas being told that the voting was ended early due to machine errors and told to go elsewhere.
No matter what they say, I will always believe that the 2020 presidential election was indeed stolen.
Period.
Cyber Ninjas looked at all of that. Even they couldn't find any wrongdoing.

Good to see Ron articulating reality. But since most of the GOP isn’t interested in reality, this hurts him in the primary. Too bad.

One day after former president Donald Trump was arraigned on charges that he conspired to overturn the 2020 election, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said that the claims Trump and his allies pushed about a stolen election were false.​

DeSantis, one of several candidates challenging Trump for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, has for months dodged questions about Trump’s efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss. On Friday, however, the Florida governor offered the strongest rejection he has so far of the notion of a stolen election.​

“I’ve said many times: The election is what it is,” DeSantis said, according to audio from an Iowa campaign event Friday. “All those theories that were put out did not prove to be true.”​

A RINO says the election was not stolen. That is news?

It sounds like it's time for DeSantis to start playing politics. I think he just made a miscalculation if the fake news outlet, Washington Post, actually tried to report some truth for a change.

Who? Guy was never going to get elected. He is a great governor though,. He really is.

Anything DeSantis says now about the “Election Not Being Stolen” will not help him in his national campaign. This is only the tiniest of “head fakes” before New Hampshire voters and a pathetic attempt to show he is still ”The Thinking Man’s Donald Trump.”

There are dark clouds of suspicion over his head which for different reasons are shared by Trumpster fanatics, traditional Republican Conservatives who want a return to reason (or a less radical anti-abortion policy) and Independents now outside both parties.

The new turn of ex-V.P. Pence to more vehemently speak out against Trump’s criminal attempt to steal the 2020 election somehow rings truer. I wouldn’t be surprised if others follow suit on this issue — that will not go away — and benefit as a result. They needn’t sound (nor look like) Chris Christie.

Two of my own friends here in Florida say they “have had it” with Trump, and when we talk they just shake their heads and say they can no longer vote for him, but of course they still won’t vote for Biden. That’s only anecdotal, of course, but it is an attitude that may be going unnoticed elsewhere. These guys are personally well adjusted religious guys.

My own feeling is that any Republican who refuses to stand up and openly criticize Trump for his “Big Lie” campaign, for his conduct refusing to return secret documents and for his key role as leader of an outrageous conspiracy to steal the election is not worthy of any support whatever, even if you agree with them on many other things.

Last edited:
Anything DeSantis says now about the “Election Not Being Stolen” will not help him in his national campaign. This is only the tiniest of “head fakes” before New Hampshire voters and a pathetic attempt to show he is still ”The Thinking Man’s Donald Trump.”

There are dark clouds of suspicion over his head which for different reasons are shared by Trumpster fanatics, traditional Republican Conservatives who want a return to reason & a less radical anti-abortion policy, and Independents now outside both parties.

The new turn of Pence to more vehemently speak out against Trump’s criminal attempt to steal the 2020 election rings much truer. I wouldn’t be surprised if others follow suit on this one issue — that will not go away — and even benefit as a result. Two of my own friends here in Florida have had with Trump, and when we talk they just shake their heads and say they can no longer vote for him, but still won’t vote for Biden. That’s only anecdotal, of course. These guys were personally well adjusted religious guys.

My own feeling is that no Republican who fails to stand up and openly criticize Trump for his “Big Lie” campaign, for his conduct refusing to return secret documents and for his key role as leader of an outrageous conspiracy to steal the election is worthy of any support whatever, even if you agree with many other Republican policies.
Pence is a turncoat RINO who doesn't stand a friggin' chance. Vivek Ramaswamy is a better choice that Pence.

Desperation time and now let's sling some mud and see what sticks.

Actually he said "it is what it is", so your thread title is a lie.

Less "there was nothing wrong with the election" and more "we aren't going to win fighting over 2020".

I should have listened to LA RAM FAN. DeSantis has officially lost my respect. Especially when he actually blamed Trump for what happened in 2020 when that was all the work of the democrats. He just went the route of Mike Pence.

Forum List

Back