DeSantis appointees begin reshaping Disney World's district

What does that have to do with building a prison in the middle of Orlando? Or DeSantis threatening to send extra inspectors into Disney? Or putting Disney's property under the dominion of Evangelicals?
Nothing. This isn't about good government. It's about getting revenge, scoring points in the culture war, and grandstanding for political attention, good government be damned!

Nothing. This isn't about good government. It's about getting revenge, scoring points in the culture war, and grandstanding for political attention, good government be damned!

My point exactly. It petulance. DeSantis had his pride wounded by being criticized by Disney. So he's seeking to use the power of the State to punish them for the criticism.

What is this trend towards supporting extremists, What kind of country does well for the average American when the extremes run things?

What does that have to do with building a prison in the middle of Orlando? Or DeSantis threatening to send extra inspectors into Disney? Or putting Disney's property under the dominion of Evangelicals?
There will not be a prison built. That was just rhetoric.

Disney needs a lot more inspection. They have been getting away with gross Environmental, Satety and Health non compliance for decades. They are a big polluter that gets away with it by hiding behind being their own water management district and government entity.

You don't support polluters, do you?

It is way past time for their special deal to end. It never should have been created in the first place and Disney got away with gross pollution and regulatory non compliance for five decades.

If it was Exon or just about any other mega corporation in America doing the same thing you Moon Bats would be screaming and yelling.

There will not be a prison built. That was just rhetoric.
How do you know? I've heard so many things from Trumpsters that a sane person would write off as "just rhetoric", or even a joke, only to find out they were dead serious.
Disney needs a lot more inspection. They have been getting away with gross Environmental, Satety and Health non compliance for decades. They are a big polluter that gets away with it by hiding behind being their own water management district and government entity.

You don't support polluters, do you?
The thing, when you start listing your excuses, if you don't apply them equally, you're not governing. You're just targeting people or businesses for persecution. Maybe don't get the whole idea of governing equally. Rule of law?
It is way past time for their special deal to end. If it was Exon or just about any other mega corporation in America doing the same thing you Moon Bats would be screaming and yelling.
If this wasn't a transparent attempt at political retribution, I would agree with you. But it is. So I don't. Our leaders don't get to selectively enforce the law based on who's pissed them off recently. That's banana republic bullshit and I'm beyond disappointed the Court hasn't slapped this down.

How do you know? I've heard so many things from Trumpsters that a sane person would write off as "just rhetoric", or even a joke, only to find out they were dead serious.

The thing, when you start listing your excuses, if you don't apply them equally, you're not governing. You're just targeting people or businesses for persecution. Maybe don't get the whole idea of governing equally. Rule of law?

If this wasn't a transparent attempt at political retribution, I would agree with you. But it is. So I don't. Our leaders don't get to selectively enforce the law based on who's pissed them off recently. That's banana republic bullshit and I'm beyond disappointed the Court hasn't slapped this down.

For conservatives, the purpose of power is inequality and the unequal application of the law. You reward your allies with gifts and a more lenient standard of the law with the power of the State. And you punish your adversaries with a stricter, more draconian standard of the law using the power of the State.

All the babble about 'liberty' and 'free speech' was always a lie. Punishing businesses for criticizing the government by using the power of the State and putting their private property under the dominion of the church.....has always been the goal.

White Christian Nationalism is a hellava drug.

For conservatives, the purpose of power is inequality and the unequal application of the law. You reward your allies with gifts and a more lenient standard of the law with the power of the State. And you punish your adversaries with a stricter, more draconian standard of the law using the power of the State.
Yep. They're as bad as liberals these days.

So to get “gifts” from the government, you just have to say the things DeSantis wants you to say.
Well yeah....to get "gifts" from Govt it is best to make sure that you are doing what Govt wants you to do.

This is the danger of allowing Govt to control so much of ones life and why demafascsit want to grow govt so much that it does control every aspect of your life.

Do think that's good government? Isn't that something we should avoid?
100 percent we should avoid allowing Govt to control that much of our lives...it makes people dependent on Govt, which is the opposite of what we should want. Govt should be dependent on the people, not the people dependent on Govt.

100 percent we should avoid allowing Govt to control that much of our lives...it makes people dependent on Govt, which is the opposite of what we should want. Govt should be dependent on the people, not the people dependent on Govt.
Agreed. It's a shame Trumpters aren't pursuing that. They seem fine with the setup, and using the same way the Dems do - to punish opponents and reward friends.

Agreed. It's a shame Trumpters aren't pursuing that. They seem fine with the setup, and using the same way the Dems do - to punish opponents and reward friends.
Of course they are....maybe not enough, but certainly more so then the demafascist. You have to think beyond just rewarding supporters, it's things like healthcare, food even....remember when demafascist in NYC wanted to tell people they couldn't get a Big Gulp?

I am a retired Environmental Engineer. I worked at several major facilities. All of the facilities I worked at (including one in Orlando) worked hard and spent a lot of money to be in compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations.

Disney worked out a deal in the 1960s where they became their own regulatory body for the most part and they did a lot of despicable things, like screwing up wetlands and the acquifer and destroying wildlife habitat to build a goddamn Dumbo ride. All without much over sight. They didn't work much to insure compliance with hazardous waste, air, water and water discharge regulations. They are major polluters with little oversight.

I thought you Moon Bats loved government oversight.

I guess to you stupid Moon Bats that doesn't apply to woke corporations. They get a pass, huh?

Of course they are....maybe not enough, but certainly more so then the demafascist.
But that's NOT what they're doing regarding Disney. This isn't about changing the law to conform to political ideals. It's merely revenge on Disney because they publicly opposed DeSantis. And because they're "woke".

You can pretend otherwise, if you want, but I won't be taking such specious claims seriously. It's just excuse making.

I thought you Moon Bats loved government oversight.

I guess to you stupid Moon Bats that doesn't apply to woke corporations. They get a pass, huh?
Your partisan brain is failing you. I'm not a liberal or a dem and I don't love government oversight. And I don't give a rat's ass about your two-party circle jerk.

But why the change? It seems you love oversight now, as long as it's your guy, bullying people you don't like.

Forum List

Back