DeSantis brings up an interesting point on someone he himself would have fired but Trump didn't

Well, I like both Trump and DeSantis but the latter brought up in an interview something I wondered about myself:

Why didn't Trump fire Fauci?

It's a question that has not been answered IMO
It has been answered because Trump was not inaugurated President for a second term in 2021.

In 2020 the administration was dealing with a new pandemic virus that nobody knew much about at the time. Certainly no heads of state were qualified to know exactly how to handle it, so they were all dependent on supposedly medical experts to advise them. Fauci and his team were the No. 1 'experts' to advise then President Trump.

When President Trump was urging states to start opening back up, the left wing looney governors refused to do so and devastated especially small businesses. Those who did reopen more quickly, i.e. South Dakota, Texas, Florida, etc. had far fewer side effects from COVID than did those Democrat controlled states who used Fauci's incompetent advice as their justification.

Once Fauci's incompetence and/or dishonesty became apparent to us all, I'm sure President Trump would have fired Fauci. Unfortunately he was already out of office and the current administration doesn't care about competence in anything.

Once Fauci's incompetence and/or dishonesty became apparent to us all, I'm sure President Trump would have fired Fauci. Unfortunately he was already out of office and the current administration doesn't care about competence in anything.
306>232...competent enough to have kicked your idol's ass.

As for Fauci, apparently your lord and master kept someone you regard as a serial killer on his payroll. And yet you defend him.

Simply put, you're an idiot or a dishonest idiot. Your choice.

It has been answered because Trump was not inaugurated President for a second term in 2021.

In 2020 the administration was dealing with a new pandemic virus that nobody knew much about at the time. Certainly no heads of state were qualified to know exactly how to handle it, so they were all dependent on supposedly medical experts to advise them. Fauci and his team were the No. 1 'experts' to advise then President Trump.

When President Trump was urging states to start opening back up, the left wing looney governors refused to do so and devastated especially small businesses.
I live on the border of WV and Ohio. Republican governors shut both states down and left them down. I got the only vaccination I got because even after Ohio started to open up the Republican governor would not let me attend a concert without one.

Try again.

Those who did reopen more quickly, i.e. South Dakota, Texas, Florida, etc. had far fewer side effects from COVID than did those Democrat controlled states who used Fauci's incompetent advice as their justification.

Fauci: Obama shut down funding of Covid research and I believe we need to start it back up.

Trump: Obama did that?

Fauci: Yes.

US suspends risky disease research - Nature

Trump: Start it back up.

NIH Lifts Funding Pause on Gain-of-Function Research

Well, I like both Trump and DeSantis but the latter brought up in an interview something I wondered about myself:

Trump said he didn't fire Fauci because he didn't want to "create a media firestorm"...that's the excuse, anyway

If DeSantis was caught in the media and bureaucratic squeeze play that Trump was in, I don't think he would have fired Fauci. It's always easy to say what you would have done.

If DeSantis was caught in the media and bureaucratic squeeze play that Trump was in, I don't think he would have fired Fauci. It's always easy to say what you would have done.
So Trump is both a powerful strong tough guy who can save America by himself -- but is also afraid of the media?

Cool

I live on the border of WV and Ohio. Republican governors shut both states down and left them down. I got the only vaccination I got because even after Ohio started to open up the Republican governor would not let me attend a concert without one.

Try again.

Fauci: Obama shut down funding of Covid research and I believe we need to start it back up.

Trump: Obama did that?

Fauci: Yes.

US suspends risky disease research - Nature

Trump: Start it back up.

NIH Lifts Funding Pause on Gain-of-Function Research
You'll have to provide some credible sources to back up the impression you leave here.

And yes some GOP governors did keep mandates in effect longer than others but both DeWine and Justice had plans in place to start reopening their states far more quickly than most Democrat governors.

Technically neither Trump nor DeSantis could have literally fired Fauci because of civil service protections for government employees. Certainly Trump could have removed Fauci's role as the 'expert' on COVID once it became obvious Fauci was both clueless and probably dishonest, but by the time that was obvious to us all, Trump was out of office.

Again the current administration has given us zero evidence that it cares about competence.

Dr Fauci said WASH YOUR HANDS ... and doctors started losing money ... can't have that now can we? ... because when the medical sector bubble bursts ...

... people are gonna die ...

When President Trump was urging states to start opening back up, the left wing looney governors refused to do so and devastated especially small businesses. Those who did reopen more quickly, i.e. South Dakota, Texas, Florida, etc. had far fewer side effects from COVID than did those Democrat controlled states who used Fauci's incompetent advice as their justification.

I thought he was a creep when I first saw him on TV

But I do realize a gut feeling does not constitute legal evidence

kinda too bad, eh?

Technically neither Trump nor DeSantis could have literally fired Fauci because of civil service protections for government employees. Certainly Trump could have removed Fauci's role as the 'expert' on COVID once it became obvious Fauci was both clueless and probably dishonest, but by the time that was obvious to us all, Trump was out of office.

Again the current administration has given us zero evidence that it cares about competence.

That (highliughted) is one of the top things egregiously WRONG in our country.

I hope politicians talk about this in the upcoming pres debates.

However, I don't think it would be wise to hold one's breath.

I thought he was a creep when I first saw him on TV

But I do realize a gut feeling does not constitute legal evidence

kinda too bad, eh?
I sort of felt the same way about him. Especially when he started giving double messages and the 'science' was so fluid it was changing almost every day. I would have respected him a lot more if he had just said nobody knows what this is or how to deal with it for sure instead of being definitive in how government should handle it, mandate restrictions etc.

Trump didn't fire Fauci, because Trump could not fire Fauci.

Meanwhile, Fauci remains a global hero amd respected by everyone in his field, while Trump will go down in history as the most unfit President ever.

That (highliughted) is one of the top things egregiously WRONG in our country.

I hope politicians talk about this in the upcoming pres debates.

However, I don't think it would be wise to hold one's breath.
Amen. Government unions are the origin of the deep state. They shouldn't exist. They rip off the taxpayer and protect poor workers. And in the end we end up with a product nobody wants or needs. Today's education system is another good example.

Forum List

Back