Desantis' felon voting fraud case disintegrating: Some were told BY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS they could vote

Nearly all those who were charged registered to vote after 2018, when Florida voters passed a constitutional amendment that lifted Florida’s lifetime voting ban for people with felony convictions. But the measure, called Amendment 4, left those convicted of murder or sexual crimes permanently disenfranchised, and after the amendment went into effect, Florida lawmakers passed a law that made it extremely difficult for people with felony convictions to figure out if they were eligible to vote.

Affidavits filed by investigators with the Florida department of law enforcement last week offered little evidence that the people charged knew they were not protected by Amendment 4 and ineligible to vote.

Let's not complicate this. DeSantis needed justification for his voter fraud gestapo (notice how I used some right wing hyperbole) so he decided to scapegoat former felons. Is ignorance of the law an excuse? Not in most cases. Though Mueller decided not to prosecute Donnie J for conspiring with Russian agents because he didn't know he was breaking the law.
Does Ron really want to send these folks back to jail for a mistake? Yes, without hesitation, if he thinks it will advance his political career.

Nearly all those who were charged registered to vote after 2018, when Florida voters passed a constitutional amendment that lifted Florida’s lifetime voting ban for people with felony convictions. But the measure, called Amendment 4, left those convicted of murder or sexual crimes permanently disenfranchised, and after the amendment went into effect, Florida lawmakers passed a law that made it extremely difficult for people with felony convictions to figure out if they were eligible to vote.

Affidavits filed by investigators with the Florida department of law enforcement last week offered little evidence that the people charged knew they were not protected by Amendment 4 and ineligible to vote.

Let's not complicate this. DeSantis needed justification for his voter fraud gestapo (notice how I used some right wing hyperbole) so he decided to scapegoat former felons. Is ignorance of the law an excuse? Not in most cases. Though Mueller decided not to prosecute Donnie J for conspiring with Russian agents because he didn't know he was breaking the law.
Does Ron really want to send these folks back to jail for a mistake? Yes, without hesitation, if he thinks it will advance his political career.

Democrats are desperate to get the vote of felons, LOL. Then there's your leader insider trading Nancy. You know you're in trouble. Maybe it's because you've become the party of rich leftist elitists. Like Nancy and her 20K chocolate ice cream refrigerator

Democrats are desperate to get the vote of felons, LOL.
65% of Floridians voted to restore voting rights to ex-felons. DeSantis and the FL legislature took steps to thwart the will of the people. I'd say FL Repubs are desperate to keep ex-felons from voting.

Some were told BY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS they could vote

What difference does that make to the fact that illegals voted?

And there's no evidence the rest thought they were ineligible:
Desantis will be embarrassed if these people charged with fraud are acquitted:

If a government employee told them they were eligible to vote then that employee should not have a job anymore! If they're doing so because they think that person is likely to vote in a certain way then they should be charged with voter fraud.

65% of Floridians voted to restore voting rights to ex-felons. DeSantis and the FL legislature took steps to thwart the will of the people. I'd say FL Repubs are desperate to keep ex-felons from voting.

Yes, you'd say a lot of funky shit, and you are. As a Florida voter, all I can say about you is ...

1661447603997.png

No need. The Constitution says what is says. Besides... Most people don't even know what a felon is, or what brands a person such. Less still the enormous inconsistencies between the application between jurisdictions.
I've always said that people like yourself should have a felon or three dropped-off at your abode on their discharge day and let you put them up till they get on their feet.....No picking or choosing, you might get a axe-murderer, a white collar felon, or something inbetween.....If I had to guess few would "walk the walk" like they "talk the talk" on-line.

I've always said that people like yourself should have a felon or three dropped-off at your abode on their discharge day and let you put them up till they get on their feet.....No picking or choosing, you might get a axe-murderer, a white collar felon, or something inbetween.....If I had to guess few would "walk the walk" like they "talk the talk" on-line.
Why drop them off at anyone's door? They, or their own family can see to their caring for. For if these people still represent a danger to the public, they should still be in prison.
Stopping a person from voting won't stop a person from killing. Hell, most killers were eligible voters before their first kill...

Last edited:
You're not allowed to vote in Florida if you haven't paid your court costs or penalties. You know...like you're not allowed to renew your driver's license if you have outstanding tickets? It's a pretty simple concept.

Why drop them off at anyone's door? They, or their own family can see to their caring for. For if these people still represent a danger to the public, they should still be in prison.
Libertarian notions like that fail when they are put to the test....

The jury or judge depending on the state sentences felons....When their time is up, it's up.

Only in cases where a mental deficiency (like unrepentant child molesters) can be proven can they be held past their discharge date and then only in a mental institution.

Perhaps you should defer to those with experience in dealing with felons of all stripes. I certainly would not steer you wrong as I regard it as a life and death matter.....Most see it in the abstract because they are ill-informed.

Libertarian notions like that fail when they are put to the test....

The jury or judge depending on the state sentences felons....When their time is up, it's up.

Only in cases where a mental deficiency (like unrepentant child molesters) can be proven can they be held past their discharge date and then only in a mental institution.

Perhaps you should defer to those with experience in dealing with felons of all stripes. I certainly would not steer you wrong as I regard it as a life and death matter.....Most see it in the abstract because they are ill-informed.
Nah. I'll defer to the Constitution.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse in my view.

Lock them up.
Why didn't you read the article instead of telling us that "Your view" matters"

In order to get a conviction, prosecutors will have to prove the defendants knew they were ineligible when they registered and voted.

Ignorance of the law.........
Ignorance of the law is an excuse in this case, and the article says it:
In order to get a conviction, prosecutors will have to prove the defendants knew they were ineligible when they registered and voted.

Ignorance of the law is an excuse in this case, and the article says it:

Not that difficult to prove, if they were convicted of their felonies in Florida.

I'm sure that the parole papers and other documents they received indicated that being banned from voting is one of the punishments.

That is like driving 30mph over the speed limit and telling the cop who pulls you over you believed you were driving the speed limit odds are very good you are still getting the speeding ticket.

Forum List

Back