Desantis' felon voting fraud case disintegrating: Some were told BY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS they could vote

All Felon prohibitions are stupid, and Unconstitutional. Serve your time, and move on.

Vastator says: Duh, dar, I don't know what due process is, hick, kick, drool, drool ...

You still don't, LOL. I'd explain it to you, but you're stupid and it would be a waste of time

Isn’t it kind of entrapment then?
I’m not looking at it that way

But we could take the illegal and the government worker they claim misinform them

Then render a verdict

One goes free and the other should be squashed like a bug

That is like driving 30mph over the speed limit and telling the cop who pulls you over you believed you were driving the speed limit odds are very good you are still getting the speeding ticket.
Bad example, because the voting fraud law says "willfully" in the text, but no speeding regulation says "willfully speeding".
Ignorance of the law is no excuse in my view.

Lock them up.
The law literally says that ignorance is an excuse in this case
i-Markup-20220825-150014.jpg

That is like driving 30mph over the speed limit and telling the cop who pulls you over you believed you were driving the speed limit odds are very good you are still getting the speeding ticket.
Here's the difference. There's no speed limit regulation that says "willfully" in its text. The law these felons are charged with says they have to do so willfully.

I’m not looking at it that way

But we could take the illegal and the government worker they claim misinform them

Then render a verdict

One goes free and the other should be squashed like a bug
This is voter suppression.

Wanting extreme consequences for making honest mistakes discourages people from even attempting to exercise their rights.

Yes, you'd say a lot of funky shit, and you are. As a Florida voter, all I can say about you is ...
You couldn't dispute the facts so you posted a baby picture. Very impressive.

There is a valid argument to be made for that. Because contrary to popular misconception, the Felon label isn't applied by virtue of the crime committed, but rather by the possible length of sentence that can be applied for violating a given law. Different jurisdictions have different penalty standards across the nation. To include some things that may not even be a crime at all in one jurisdiction, but can be deemed felonious in another. Which might not be too damning if it only disenfranchised said individual within the state where said offense took place. However in practice one is disenfranchised nationwide. Even if they move to a jurisdiction where the crime they committed isn't even a crime.
To have any principled merit in disenfranchising people at the national level, the transgressions need to be uniformly established nationwide, and based on the actual crime committed, rather than the possible sentencing. This practice has been consistently used in the political arena, specifically to disenfranchised the ruling bodies opposition.

"In the late twentieth century, the laws have no discernible legitimate purpose. Deprivation of the right to vote is not an inherent or necessary aspect of criminal punishment nor does it promote the reintegration of offenders into lawful society. Indeed, defenders of these laws have been hard pressed to justify them: they most frequently cite the patently inadequate goal of protecting against voter fraud or the anachronistic and politically untenable objective of preserving the “purity of the ballot box” by excluding voters lacking in virtue."

"Although laws excluding criminals from the vote had existed in the South previously, “between 1890 and 1910, many Southern states tailored their criminal disenfranchisement laws, along with other voting qualifications, to increase the effect of these laws on black citizens.”5 Crimes that triggered disenfranchisement were written to include crimes blacks supposedly committed more frequently than whites and to exclude crimes whites were believed to commit more frequently. For example, in South Carolina, “among the disqualifying crimes were those to which [the Negro] was especially prone: thievery, adultery, arson, wife-beating, housebreaking, and attempted rape. Such crimes as murder and fighting, to which the white man was as disposed as the Negro, were significantly omitted from the list.”6 In 1901 Alabama lawmakers—who openly stated that their goal was to establish white supremacy—included a provision in the state constitution that made conviction of crimes of “moral turpitude” the basis for disenfranchisement."

And no matter what "group" one considers themselves a part of; these same tactics can easily be used them as well...

Last edited:
Bad example, because the voting fraud law says "willfully" in the text, but no speeding regulation says "willfully speeding".

The law literally says that ignorance is an excuse in this case

Fair enough. Its easy to prove as felons have to sign papers indicating they know the punishment.

You couldn't dispute the facts so you posted a baby picture. Very impressive.

Yes, this post shows your dedication to providing content in every post. None. LOL, what a jackass ...

Wanting extreme consequences for making honest mistakes discourages people from even attempting to exercise their rights.
Making government workers pay for their mistakes is the only motivation they have for not making mistakes

I think taking away 3 years of retirement eligibility would get their attention

Making government workers pay for their mistakes is the only motivation they have for not making mistakes

I think taking away 3 years of retirement eligibility would get their attention
Police too?

Instead of putting them in jail?

I think the cops would go for that
Cops make mistakes all the time and almost never go to jail.

How much do we punish this cop? Three years retirement. Right?

Cops make mistakes all the time and almost never go to jail.

How much do we punish this cop? Three years retirement. Right?
But they often do suffer disciplinary action

The same should apply to all government workers

But they often do suffer disciplinary action

The same should apply to all government workers
Rarely, rarely, rarely, do they suffer disciplinary action in the form of one week paid administrative leave.

We need real consequences like what you said. Real consequences. Pull your gun on a pregnant lady for no reason? Three years of pension gone. Like you said.

Forum List

Back