Desantis signs bill into LAW to not teach sex ed to children 5-8 years old in Florida

The children do not belong to the state.

The cult thinks they do.

How about teaching kindergarteners about guns? Its in the constitution as a right to own a gun. How about we teach children about how to defend themselves against totalitarians with guns?
I feel blessed to live in a part of the country where children are taught early about firearms use and safety.

How is portraying interracial couples 'brainwashing' or 'manipulating' you? Or that your revulsion at such a sight is "logical" or "intelligent".

It's brainwashing to try and get people to think in a way that disgusts many.

How many kids are using Algebra after High School? Wow, talk about a bad analogy.

Most teachers are required to get master's degrees and take extensive courses in child psychology. They are probably better equipped to handle delicate questions than most parents are.

Bullshit. I know teachers. They have very minimal training in those fields. The people that have to take extensive courses are people like my nephew who is a counselor for children with behavior disorders.

Yup, because thinking a guy who whines about welfare constantly taking a check is hypocrisy is clearly just the same as thinking there's an imaginary fairy in the sky who wants you to abuse people

This from a guy who belongs to a party that thinks they can control the earths climate and has severe mental disorders like OCD himself. Did you ever hear of the term people in glass houses?

Pure Communist propaganda bullshit. The bill restricts teachers from TEACHING sex in the classroom. That's all it does.

It actually does a lot more than that.

Parents could sue a school district if they believe there is a violation of any of these requirements or restrictions. Parents may also request a special magistrate to determine facts relating to the dispute and to recommend a solution to the State Board of Education.

The costs to do that would be the responsibility of the district, according to the legislation.
The bill does not define sexual orientation or gender identity. Polsky proposed an amendment to establish that the bill would restrict curriculum on all sexual orientations and gender identities -- including heterosexual and cisgender identities.

"If we're going to go so far as to ban any instruction of these concepts in K-3 and elsewhere, if not appropriate, then we should at least know what we're talking about," said Polsky during the March 7 debate.

Defining those terms, including "heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality" and "gender-related identity, appearance or behavior," could clear up what the bill would ban, she said.

Then they are. It's their children and they have the right to teach them what they desire. You Communists think that children belong to the state and the parents are nothing more than the providers.

Uh, no, not really. Hey, did you hear about the White Supremacist who named his son "Adolf Hitler"? The state intervened in that case when they found it was an unhealthy environment for a child. More of that, please.

It's brainwashing to try and get people to think in a way that disgusts many.

Ah, you keep avoiding the subject. WHY does an interracial couple "disgust" you. (Not many, we are just talking about you, Ray, as you said you turn off the TV if the characters are in an interracial relationship."

1649199114567.png

This makes you mad, doesn't it?

Bullshit. I know teachers. They have very minimal training in those fields. The people that have to take extensive courses are people like my nephew who is a counselor for children with behavior disorders.

I have teachers in my family. Now, you have to get a masters degree just to teach grade school...

This from a guy who belongs to a party that thinks they can control the earths climate and has severe mental disorders like OCD himself. Did you ever hear of the term people in glass houses?

It actually does a lot more than that.

Your post doesn't indicate that. It says exactly what I said about instruction, not the mere mention of anything.

Uh, no, not really. Hey, did you hear about the White Supremacist who named his son "Adolf Hitler"? The state intervened in that case when they found it was an unhealthy environment for a child. More of that, please.

Not because of his name, but because the parents were Fd up in the head and deemed a danger to the children. Nice try though. But from discussing issues with you all the time, I know most of what you post is pure bullshit. Oh, and BTW, look at who else is jumping on the bandwagon:

Your post doesn't indicate that. It says exactly what I said about instruction, not the mere mention of anything.

Except that instruction can include anything said in the classroom. So little Timmy asks why little Sally has two mommies, and that could be considered instruction.

Not because of his name, but because the parents were Fd up in the head and deemed a danger to the children. Nice try though. But from discussing issues with you all the time, I know most of what you post is pure bullshit. Oh, and BTW, look at who else is jumping on the bandwagon:

Yes, these are the last desperate gasps of the racists and homophobes, who have already lost the culture war.

Except that instruction can include anything said in the classroom. So little Timmy asks why little Sally has two mommies, and that could be considered instruction.

Yes, these are the last desperate gasps of the racists and homophobes, who have already lost the culture war.
If Timmy asks why Sally has two Mommies, the teacher should not impart her leftist position onto a child and instead, realizing that it is beyond her purview, tell Jimmy to ask his parents when he gets home. That way, the child thinks the way he parents want, and not the way the Marxist government wants. The kid can change his mind if he wants when he’s older.

If Timmy asks why Sally has two Mommies, the teacher should not impart her leftist position onto a child and instead, realizing that it is beyond her purview, tell Jimmy to ask his parents when he gets home. That way, the child thinks the way he parents want, and not the way the Marxist government wants. The kid can change his mind if he wants when he’s older.
Oh, are you back to not ignoring me, Karen558?

Okay, so little Timmy goes home, and his homophobic parents tell him that Little Sally's moms are going to burn in Hell forever and ever, and he comes back and says that to the rest of the class the next day and little Sally is in tears.

Little Timmy eventually grows up to commit Hate Crimes against gays because no one ever told him that was wrong.

It’s shameful that the Left has so destroyed a decent society that we need a law not to teach sex Ed to a kindergartner.

It's shameful the right is so committed to it's homophobia that they want to censor teachers from even talking about it.

The funny thing is that Corporate American used to use racism and homophobia to keep stupid people like you voting against your own economic interests, but even they are backign away from it and you guys can't help yourselves.

There will be a reckoning.
tick tock

You mean you'll win the midterms and remind everyone how crazy you are?

There will be a reckoning.
tick tock
re My comment about letting the parents answer delicate questions, that came from my own childhood.

Picture it: Fifth grade “health class.” (It wasn’t called sex Ed, but concepts were introduced.) TeaCher explained how a woman had the eggs, and the man had the sperm, and when the egg and sperm connected, poof! A baby starts to grow.

Now I, as an inquisitive and bright 10-year-old asked a very logical question: if the egg is inside the woman, and the sperm is inside the man, how do the two connect? I remember that the teacher turned bright red and said, “ask your mother when you get home.”

From her answer, I knew there was some secret, and Mom would explain It to me later. She dId. (My reaction was that it was DISGUSTING, lol.)

Let the parents br parents, and let teachers concentrate on arithmetic and reading and writing.

re My comment about letting the parents answer delicate questions, that came from my own childhood.

Picture it: Fifth grade “health class.” (It wasn’t called sex Ed, but concepts were introduced.) TeaCher explained how a woman had the eggs, and the man had the speed, and when the egg and sperm connected, poof! A baby starts to grow.

Now I, as an inquisitive and bright 10-year-old asked a very logical question: if the egg is inside the woman, and the sperm is inside the man, how do the two connect? I remember that the teacher turned bright red and said, “ask your mother when you get home.”

From her answer, I knew there was some secret, and Mom would explain It to me later. She dId. (My reaction was that it was DISGUSTING, lol.)

Let the parents br parents, and let teachers concentrate on arithmetic and reading and writing.

So the fact that we have so much teenage pregnancy would tell me parents aren't doing a very good job of explaining clearly how the sperm and eggs get together.

Teachers are also responsible for the social development of kids, to see how they interact with others. For instance, identifying the class bully and making sure he gets some correction. So by your logic, if the parents are the ones teaching him to be the class bully, that's fine with you. Just teach the math, and if little Timmy is picking on little Sally because she has two mommies, and makes jokes about Turkey Basters, well, heck, not the school's problem.

Picture it: Fifth grade “health class.” (It wasn’t called sex Ed, but concepts were introduced.) TeaCher explained how a woman had the eggs, and the man had the sperm, and when the egg and sperm connected, poof! A baby starts to grow.

If parents are not prepared to educate their children about sex -- if they are too lazy or stupid -- they should not be allowed to be parents.

If parents are not prepared to educate their children about sex -- if they are too lazy or stupid -- they should not be allowed to be parents.
Agree. And that’s a big problem we are having now…..people who have no business being parents are reproducing like rabbits. Every single middle class person I know restricted themselves to two kids (kids are expensive when you have to support them), while people on govt assistance are pumping them out every other year.

So the fact that we have so much teenage pregnancy would tell me parents aren't doing a very good job of explaining clearly how the sperm and eggs get together.

Teachers are also responsible for the social development of kids, to see how they interact with others. For instance, identifying the class bully and making sure he gets some correction. So by your logic, if the parents are the ones teaching him to be the class bully, that's fine with you. Just teach the math, and if little Timmy is picking on little Sally because she has two mommies, and makes jokes about Turkey Basters, well, heck, not the school's problem.

apple: orange.jpeg

The bully is causing disruption in school and that needs to be addressed by either the teacher or administration. If the bully does his thing either after school or on weekends, it's none of the teachers business.

That's because you only had one place to get an answer and that was your parents. We didn't have the internet to look it up. Today if a perv teacher starts talking about sex and doesn't provide details, curious kids will find what they are looking for on the internet. That's the problem.

Of course if the teacher keeps her personal business personal, she doesn't plant that seed of curiosity. The child will grow up like all children should thinking about what's new in cartoons.

Anyone who doesn't agree with a leftist is either a racist or a homophobe or both.

The stupid idiot lefties are trivializing real racism.

A fact which has now been impressed on the 20 million soccer moms in this country.

Sane thinking people outnumber lefties at LEAST two to one.

Forum List

Back