DeVos out smarts protesters

The new education secretary is a union buster. That's why they treat her like a waste of human skin. And deservedly so.
The new education secretary is a union buster.
One of the few points in her favor

The best public schools in the US have unionized teachers.

So do the worst, and there are a lot more of them.

So what in your mind constitutes a bad teacher?

I have only encountered a few in my 20+ years as an educator. Enlighten me please!

I have several teachers in my family and they do the best they can in an environment created by the School Administration.
My complaint is with the Unions. Before I got my degree, I worked in a union shop and was elected Shop Steward. It was disgraceful what I did to get totally worthless employees from being fired. I assume the same thing takes place in the teachers union.

Well then too tall get in the classroom, give up your good salary, and teach. Surely you are an expert. Lmao at you.

I have BSEE and could teach math and physics, but see no reason to put those Education Majors out of a job. All I want is for the teachers to be held accountable for not doing their job.

Who has an education major? I don't. Neither do any of the teachers in my department. This is a perfect example of what you believe to be true turning out to be simple ignorance on your part because you are on the outside looking in, with education bashers filling your head with nonsense.

The new education secretary is a union buster. That's why they treat her like a waste of human skin. And deservedly so.

I have only encountered a few in my 20+ years as an educator. Enlighten me please!

I have several teachers in my family and they do the best they can in an environment created by the School Administration.
My complaint is with the Unions. Before I got my degree, I worked in a union shop and was elected Shop Steward. It was disgraceful what I did to get totally worthless employees from being fired. I assume the same thing takes place in the teachers union.

All unions do is ensure due process. If you didn't as a union steward, then that is on you.

and?

Just think how much better they would be without unions.

oops, didn't mean to give you a headache

They would be like non-union public schools in the South.

Shit.

Gee. I wonder where all the politicians kids go to school?:eusa_think: Well hell, they send them to PRIVATE schools where the teachers aren't unionized. Hmmm. I wonder why?:eusa_whistle:

Public Servants and Private Schools: Where Top Politicians Send Their Kids

What is it about teacher's unions that cause your underwear to wedge in your ass crack?

They tend to protect, and reward the incompetent, ignore the needs of the children, blame the parents for the failures of the school system, and generally not require competent teaching anymore. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but here in Nevada they fired a Teacher of the Year because he had low seniority, but kept an incompetent teacher because she had been around a long time.

Protection is what unions do. Why is that foreign concept for so many of you education bashers?

How do they ignore the needs of the children? That's bumper sticker depth. Surely you can do better.

The parents do not raise their children to value education and to behave long enough to actually learn what they are supposed to do.

How do YOU know that teacher was incompetent? If she truly was, she would have been removed from the classroom by a competent administrator.

I will give you a grade of "F" on this assignment. You failed to provide any valid reasons for your bashing. Most teachers give students a second chance to get it right. Want to try again?

Protecting criminal behavior when it involves children is a non starter. I hate to break it to you but if a teacher violates a child that teacher should be forced out of the school system. In many places they are not. In New York they have rooms where "teachers" while away their days, collecting a nice paycheck because they can't be allowed near children. That takes protection to a whole new level, don't you think?

I don't care what grade you give me because you are not the father of my child. Your opinion simply doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is my child's welfare. Thus, I send her to a private school.

and?

Shit.

LINK

Link to common knowledge? lol, everyone with a brain knows that the best public schools in the US are disproportionately in the Northeast/Middle Atlantic regions,

liberal and unionized.

I'm fine with Wonderful Betsy defunding public sector teachers unions without visiting a single school.

and?

Shit.

Gee. I wonder where all the politicians kids go to school?:eusa_think: Well hell, they send them to PRIVATE schools where the teachers aren't unionized. Hmmm. I wonder why?:eusa_whistle:

What is it about teacher's unions that cause your underwear to wedge in your ass crack?

They tend to protect, and reward the incompetent, ignore the needs of the children, blame the parents for the failures of the school system, and generally not require competent teaching anymore. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but here in Nevada they fired a Teacher of the Year because he had low seniority, but kept an incompetent teacher because she had been around a long time.

Protection is what unions do. Why is that foreign concept for so many of you education bashers?

How do they ignore the needs of the children? That's bumper sticker depth. Surely you can do better.

The parents do not raise their children to value education and to behave long enough to actually learn what they are supposed to do.

How do YOU know that teacher was incompetent? If she truly was, she would have been removed from the classroom by a competent administrator.

I will give you a grade of "F" on this assignment. You failed to provide any valid reasons for your bashing. Most teachers give students a second chance to get it right. Want to try again?
I agree about many parents not doing their part. I also know we have some teachers who shouldn't be teaching.

Unions shouldn't be protecting those who are doing more harm than good.

Well then too tall get in the classroom, give up your good salary, and teach. Surely you are an expert. Lmao at you.

I have BSEE and could teach math and physics, but see no reason to put those Education Majors out of a job. All I want is for the teachers to be held accountable for not doing their job.

Who has an education major? I don't. Neither do any of the teachers in my department. This is a perfect example of what you believe to be true turning out to be simple ignorance on your part because you are on the outside looking in, with education bashers filling your head with nonsense.

All unions do is ensure due process. If you didn't as a union steward, then that is on you.

I said I did and it wasn't due process. Many times it was trading 3 or 4 filed grievances to keep an employee from being fired.

You have at least a bachelors degree and a teaching license that required education courses to get.

Shit.

Protecting criminal behavior when it involves children is a non starter. I hate to break it to you but if a teacher violates a child that teacher should be forced out of the school system. In many places they are not. In New York they have rooms where "teachers" while away their days, collecting a nice paycheck because they can't be allowed near children. That takes protection to a whole new level, don't you think?

I don't care what grade you give me because you are not the father of my child. Your opinion simply doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is my child's welfare. Thus, I send her to a private school.

How is a union ensuring due process protecting criminal behavior? What does "in many places" mean? Do you have any facts or just more anecdotal evidence?

I was once accused of calling a student "retarded". I was called into the principal's office telling me that I was being investigated because a parent of another student had called the school board and complained. They would not even tell me which student I allegedly called "retarded" or which student's parent had complained. After racking my brain, I came up with both students names and then they let me explain what happened. The student whose parent complained had overheard me telling my other student that she was a little "slow" getting her computer logged on. That was it. The student's parents were recent immigrants to this country and somehow had instilled in their child that "slow" meant "retarded". When I called the other student's grandmother to explain myself, she claimed that it was the first that she had heard of it and that her granddaughter loved my class and would have never said anything against me. Now, to you this might be meaningless, but that is why teachers have unions and require due process. That principal could have fired me at any time, with no investigation, or even allowing me to explain, and I would not have a leg to stand on legally, even though I was 100% innocent.

That is only one example and I have several others, but I won't try to bore you to death.

and?

Shit.

LINK

Link to common knowledge? lol, everyone with a brain knows that the best public schools in the US are disproportionately in the Northeast/Middle Atlantic regions,

liberal and unionized.

Thanks for your totally unbiased opinion.

Typical republican with devos happily in tow.

image.jpeg

How is a union ensuring due process protecting criminal behavior? What does "in many places" mean? Do you have any facts or just more anecdotal evidence?

I was once accused of calling a student "retarded". I was called into the principal's office telling me that I was being investigated because a parent of another student had called the school board and complained. They would not even tell me which student I allegedly called "retarded" or which student's parent had complained. After racking my brain, I came up with both students names and then they let me explain what happened. The student whose parent complained had overheard me telling my other student that she was a little "slow" getting her computer logged on. That was it. The student's parents were recent immigrants to this country and somehow had instilled in their child that "slow" meant "retarded". When I called the other student's grandmother to explain myself, she claimed that it was the first that she had heard of it and that her granddaughter loved my class and would have never said anything against me. Now, to you this might be meaningless, but that is why teachers have unions and require due process. That principal could have fired me at any time, with no investigation, or even allowing me to explain, and I would not have a leg to stand on legally, even though I was 100% innocent.

That is only one example and I have several others, but I won't try to bore you to death.

You did good. Now tell me what the Union did for you. It is missing in your story.

You have at least a bachelors degree and a teaching license that required education courses to get.

I taught math for my first three years with a bachelor's degree in history and no education courses. So you see, you don't know what you are talking about. You could easily do the same.

I also have news for you, people may be very good at their jobs but could not teach a fish to swim. I was a much better teacher after I finished my teacher certification courses and even better once I earned my Master's degree.

Shit.

I agree about many parents not doing their part. I also know we have some teachers who shouldn't be teaching.

Unions shouldn't be protecting those who are doing more harm than good.

Just exactly how are they "protecting " them? What does that mean? Ensuring that the charges against them are true? Making sure that any deficiencies were documented and training offered to remediate those deficiencies?

Why can't anyone get me down to the brass tacks of what you think or is your ignorance about education just that overwhelming?

By walking in another door.

Yesterday social media was going crazy over how the protestors at a school she was visiting blocked her from entering. Then hours later they were shocked to find out she still held the meeting with school officials in the building because she went around to another door.

I kid you not. I saw the posts on facebook celebrating this great victory only to see them confused that they didn't actually win anything. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so ridiculous

How exactly does blocking her from meetings make the country better anyway?
She outsmarted Pokahontas also. I want Poka to nibble on my corn cob...yo.

I'm still trying to understand what they're protesting against. lol

After watching several interviews with protesters who couldn't answer simple questions about why they were there, I can't help thinking we're seeing nothing more than some people who don't have anything better to do with their time.
These are people who can easily be dismissed.

By walking in another door.

Yesterday social media was going crazy over how the protestors at a school she was visiting blocked her from entering. Then hours later they were shocked to find out she still held the meeting with school officials in the building because she went around to another door.

I kid you not. I saw the posts on facebook celebrating this great victory only to see them confused that they didn't actually win anything. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so ridiculous

How exactly does blocking her from meetings make the country better anyway?
The look on her face as she fled to the SUV was victory enough

I make a similar face when I'm surrounded by liberal morons.
Lol

So you got a job degree. So do I. And I was smart enough to get my employer to pay the freight. Were you?

Forum List

Back