DHS was always meant for this.

Golly, I remember being told that I hated America and wanted the terrorists to win for voicing my fierce opposition to the creation of the DHS and the Patriot Act all those years ago. Time sure does fly by...

I remember being told much the same thing in the lead up to the Iraq invasion in 2003. Something that I thought was a huge mistake back then....you're right, the time goes by so fast.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Funny you should bring up the republican patriot act. Classic genie out of the bottle scenario. Now here we have republicans crossing another authoritarian line and you are already saying it's the democrat's fault. It's like the old schoolyard bully tactic of "why are you hitting yourself?" all grown up.
That "republican patriot act" not only passed the Senate on a 98-1 vote on original passage, your dear Boiking re-authorized it at least twice, and abused it to spy on his successor.

So take your "this is the fault of republicans" bullshit and stuff it up your ass.
The f'n Repubs changed the act overnight, remember?
No they didn't you liar.

It was a pile of leftovers from the Clintonistas, sitting on a shelf waiting for the right excuse to ram it up our asses...And your team jumped on board with great enthusiasm.
Guess you were too busy to notice asshole.

The bill was brought to the floor of the House of Representatives on October 23, the same day it was introduced. Many Democrats expressed extreme displeasure over the hurried nature of the process. Rep. Bobby Scott said, “I think it is appropriate to comment on the process by which the bill is coming to us. This is not the bill that was reported and deliberated on in the Committee on the Judiciary. It came to us late on the floor. No one has really had an opportunity to look at the bill to see what is in it since we have been out of our offices.” Rep. John Conyers, the ranking member of the Judiciary Committee, declared, “we are now debating at this hour of night, with only two copies of the bill that we are being asked to vote on available to Members on this side of the aisle.” Conyers was later famously pictured in the Michael Moore documentary “Fahrenheit 9/11” explaining that no lawmaker reads all the bills in Congress. The bill passed on October 24 by a vote of 357-66.

Funny you should bring up the republican patriot act. Classic genie out of the bottle scenario. Now here we have republicans crossing another authoritarian line and you are already saying it's the democrat's fault. It's like the old schoolyard bully tactic of "why are you hitting yourself?" all grown up.
That "republican patriot act" not only passed the Senate on a 98-1 vote on original passage, your dear Boiking re-authorized it at least twice, and abused it to spy on his successor.

So take your "this is the fault of republicans" bullshit and stuff it up your ass.
No they didn't you liar.

It was a pile of leftovers from the Clintonistas, sitting on a shelf waiting for the right excuse to ram it up our asses...And your team jumped on board with great enthusiasm.
Guess you were to busy to notice.

The bill was brought to the floor of the House of Representatives on October 23, the same day it was introduced. Many Democrats expressed extreme displeasure over the hurried nature of the process. Rep. Bobby Scott said, “I think it is appropriate to comment on the process by which the bill is coming to us. This is not the bill that was reported and deliberated on in the Committee on the Judiciary. It came to us late on the floor. No one has really had an opportunity to look at the bill to see what is in it since we have been out of our offices.” Rep. John Conyers, the ranking member of the Judiciary Committee, declared, “we are now debating at this hour of night, with only two copies of the bill that we are being asked to vote on available to Members on this side of the aisle.” Conyers was later famously pictured in the Michael Moore documentary “Fahrenheit 9/11” explaining that no lawmaker reads all the bills in Congress. The bill passed on October 24 by a vote of 357-66.

That's no excuse for crapping on the 4th amendment in that manner. Seriously, it's not. No.

No they didn't you liar.

They lied out their asses....They didn't need the time....Most of them, including that sack of shit Conyers, already knew what was in it.

As I already clearly 'splained, every provision I knew about had already been stuffed into various bills on a piecemeal basis, only to be backed out when discovered....I was very politically active at the time and know what was what.

No they didn't you liar.

They lied out their asses....They didn't need the time....Most of them, including that sack of shit Conyers, already knew what was in it.

As I already clearly 'splained, every provision I knew about had already been stuffed into various bills on a piecemeal basis, only to be backed out when discovered....I was very politically active at the time and know what was what.
It's called having your ass handed to you, you stupid fucking troll.

No they didn't you liar.

You didn't hand shit to me asshole...It's called political theater....Nearly everyone who had been around more than a decade, which is most of them, knew what was in the bill, and had no problems voting for it.

You are a completely naive rube...Bills like this don't just get pulled out of the air in a few weeks.

No they didn't you liar.

You didn't hand shit to me asshole...It's called political theater....Nearly everyone who had been around more than a decade, which is most of them, knew what was in the bill, and had no problems voting for it.

You are a completely naive rube...Bills like this don't just get pulled out of the air in a few weeks.
You need to sharpen up that delusional mind, oddy boy.

No they didn't you liar.

Not delusional...I know how the game is played, and got guidance from some very seasoned party activists....Guys like me don't get as jaded as we are by just sitting around trading politician bubble gum cards.

You, OTOH, have nothing to back up your total ignorance.

No they didn't you liar.

Not delusional...I know how the game is played, and got guidance from some very seasoned party activists....Guys like me don't get as jaded as we are by just sitting around trading politician bubble gum cards.

Well you missed that one. The one that got passed your nose. Sorry oddy. You lose.

No they didn't you liar.

Well you missed that one. The one that got passed your nose. Sorry oddy. You lose.
I missed nothing...And self-declaration of victory is such a sorry-assed rookie move that it's totally laughable.

But thanks for playing...Johnny has a case of Bardahl for you as a parting gift....Get back to your paymasters over at RawSewage and hump their legs.

No they didn't you liar.

I missed nothing...And self-declaration of victory is such a sorry-assed rookie move that it's totally laughable.

But thanks for playing...Johnny has a case of Bardahl for you as a parting gift....Get back to your paymasters over at RawSewage and hump their legs.
Better luck next time sucka. Ha Ha Ha!

No they didn't you liar.

Better luck next time sucka. Ha Ha Ha!
Yeah, yeah, yeah....I only lived it, shtferbrains.

Democrats had the chance to get rid of DHS, and the Patriot Act, but they declined. Now we're paying the price:

When Americans worried about their nation slipping into a dystopian authoritarian regime, no one ever expected those nightmares to involve the Federal Protective Service. That’s in part because before the post-apocalyptic images of federal officers dressed in military gear waving flaming cans of smoke and dressed in gas masks on the streets of the community that inspired “Portlandia,” few Americans knew the FPS existed at all. Even today, the obscure entity may still be unknown to people reading about federal officers roaming Portland, Ore., in unmarked rental vans, snatching protesters off the streets with seeming disregard for civil liberties.
Yet the protective service — which languished for years within the Department of Homeland Security, with depleted ranks and a dwindling budget — has suddenly become central to the Trump administration’s plan to assert federal power in America’s cities, against the wishes of local officials, in a ploy to demonstrate Trump’s “law and order” credentials and further his reelection.

Overall, DHS, run by Chad Wolf — a onetime Hill staffer turned lobbyist with no law degree, law enforcement or military background, who is in his eighth month as acting secretary — has become over the last two years a textbook example of what happens when legal structures built for good governance are hijacked. Day after day, the department has become one of the clearest demonstrations in President Trump’s Washington of the old Michael Kinsley maxim: “The scandal isn’t what’s illegal, the scandal is what’s legal.”

It started with the Patriot Act. Just another bill called exactly what it is not. GWB used the attack on the Trade Center, who ever attacked it to justify a never ending war we have killed two million humans to enact the 'Patriot' Act and form another government agency, Homeland Security we needed as much as a hole in the head. Can anyone tell me why a federal government allowed to do 35 things by the Constitution has over 2,000 government agencies? All one needs to do to believe what government told us on 9\11 is forget everything you know about the laws of nature and science.

The 'Patriot' Act was laying around for years. Government just needed the right scare to enact this Constitutional violation. After the unlawful bill was passed government had the opening to pass a shit load of these unlawful laws but we are afraid as sheep, Take my rights, take my freedom, take my liberty just save me from these bare foot terrorist that can't fly a single engine Cessna. But has no problem flying a 737 through a 12 foot hole in the side of the Pentagon popping 3 light polls out of the ground without touching a blade of grass and then vanishes,. Jet fuel AKA kerosene that melts concrete reaching over 4,000 degrees. Pools of red hot steel 2 months later. Another 737 disappears into a small hole. Cell phone call made from 30,000 feet before we had the means to do so. Who believes this crap? All the sheep. Even questioning their story marked you as a traitor" You are either with us or against us." The one thing that proves we are all sheep is the 737 hitting the tower and we saw exit the other side in one piece or the English reporter telling us Building 7 has just fell as you see the building standing in the for ground.

For the first, second, and third time sky scrapers fell straight down at the speed of unopposed gravity into their own foot print. It was terrorist because we found one's ID the same day in the tons of dust and short pieces of steel. No fighter aircraft, military or national guard Yep we are a bunch of stupid sheep and deserve what ever they can dish out. See what a real 737 looks like when it crashes.

They don't vanish or disappear
l

Forum List

Back